Samsung Galaxy S Duos is a cheap, dual-SIM Galaxy S III look alike
For the first time, it seems that Samsung is bringing its hottest device to the dual-SIM worls - the Samsung Galaxy S Duos leaked out in India, and chances are we can see it in a few Asian countries and maybe some other markets, but hardly the US.
The Galaxy S Duos looks just like the Samsung Galaxy S III, but - of course - it has far less capable internal parts. For starters, the screen will be smaller, at 4 inches rather than 4.8” and with a resolution of 480x800 pixels. The phone will luckily run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but not much is known about the processor. It will have 512MB of RAM and 4 gigs of internal storage, though.
The focus as you have probably guessed by now is the appearance. We don’t know whether launching such a device would be a good idea - Samsung would definitely take some of the appeal of the Samsung Galaxy S III if millions of look-alike cheapo phones start to appear. And that’s what makes us doubt this whole rumor. But if it does, some users might be happy. What about you, are you one of them?
source: MobilePhone.co.in via Engadget
3. JunkCreek (Posts: 404; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
one sim slot for everyday phone calls and sms. another is for unlimited data plan services. i've told sony ericsson the reason for making dual sim phone especially for asian - indonesian, but they ignore it. as we in indonesia doesn't have to unlock carrier provider. we are here free of choice to buy phone what we want and uses carrier services the one we like or you just can change your number anytime you like. and dual sim for my purpose is to use one slot as regular phone functions such as calls and sms and the other one is for monthly data plan services.
and now, dual sims become debatable but for me it is a must so no need to spent more for usb modem as i can use my dual sims phone to handle both.
4. eman99 (Posts: 233; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
cant you purchase off new egg or tiger direct
5. JunkCreek (Posts: 404; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
two phones is a burden. two sims card for two different carriers is a gift. heheheh.
6. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Create one desgn and use it with all the phones, such a cheapo you are Samsng, u should get some motivation outta HTC, no wonder your phones are sold cheap.
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So does Nokia and Sony..
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wonderful Low-end Samsung Phone, they bring value for money
8. Y_S_L (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Why couldn't they make, or do that with the S3, and charge the public an extra £50 or £100....
9. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Yay not one comment about Apple! OH crap! It looks nice just as sleek in my opinion!
12. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I think it actually looks better and more proportionate smaller
10. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
yes..i think in it will launch in india in about a months time...
13. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
bdw it has 1Ghz processor..much like the galaxy s.
14. skymitch89 (Posts: 1078; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
So this is supposed to have ICS and TouchWiz with only 512MB RAM? If they can get this going without much troubles, then I don't see why the original Galaxy S devices don't get ICS.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
this news was so last couple of weekd ago in gsmarena!
nut this looks promising! i hope only around $230-250 off contract!
cheaper than one v!
this will be acer gallant duos best enemy!!!(if anyone wants to buy acer phone)
17. catt4u (Posts: 64; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I ordered this one last week and according track & trace it's in transit to Europe :)
Estimated delivery time to Europe is 12 ~ 20 days.
18. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
If it is priced below Rs.15000 its going to my next devices!!
19. pegasso (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
PA should update their "The Best Dual SIM Phones" article
23. sonuchauhan (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
who one best plz tell me sony solo ,sony go ,sony miro and samsung s duos