Samsung China president pegs Galaxy S III launch for April or May
1. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
When I'm finally am able to upgrade something amazing is available... I can't wait
2. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Aptil is just few weeks away, im excited also to see this latest beast from samsung. Im sure it will set a trend again for smartphones. I hope these specs are all true if not its a big disappointment for samsung fans including me.
4. PostalJim (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
I just hope it doesn't blow like their LAST flagship device. Nexus flopped. Hope this one POPS! Wondering how the ceramic case will hold up if you dont have a case on it and it goes skydiving against your will.....
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the nexus was not a samsung flagship, it was a google flagship made by samsung. how was it a flop? its still one of the most desired and well built devices on the market.
9. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Keep in mind that in US it's sold only thru Verizon for $300 w/ contract...
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im not going to hold my breath, but that would be awesome. i want a new toy!!! lol.
tomorrow we will probably get a retractor article saying that the original info was translated wrong and the exec really said november.. and then we will all pout.. lol.
6. tedkord (Posts: 11733; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This would mean maybe T-Mobile or Sprint would get it in April or May. Then, figure on June to July for ATT, and October for Verizon.
8. BuckeyeCadet86 (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Not necessarily, just because it has been done that way in the past doesn't mean it will be this time. I don't think there will be an exclusivity window for the GSIII. There is no need for it, there is already hype and they make more money by releasing it simultaneously.
13. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Why would Verizon even want the Galaxy S3?
16. tedkord (Posts: 11733; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Because none of their current phones are intriguing - the closest is the GNexus, and I wouldn't re-up for two years for that. Nothing they've got is that much better than my Thunderbolt.
17. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Um, what? I upgraded from the Tbolt to the Nexus and you couldn't pay me $300 to go back.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really? the T-Bolt is a low-mid range android phone with a horrible battery life and an S2 single core crapdragon processor. The difference between that thing and a high end device like the nexus or SGS2 (and especially upcoming devices like the SGS3) is crazy.
Atari was great for its day, but its time to put it down and get with some Xbox gaming, gramps :) j/k
21. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Given Sprint's desperate need for a hit right now, thanks to the way that the istone deal was arranged, they will almost certainly make sure that history repeats and they release it first! It will be a nice continuation of the excitement behind the release of the Evo One or Evo X, which ever they decide to go with. After Sprint, T-mo and AT&T will get theirs around the same time, maybe a month later at the most. VZW will for sure carry this version as I don't think that the GN was as much of a success as they anticipated and won't risk not carrying the SGSIII. They will get it last though. Not necessarily due to any exclusivity deal, just due to the natural pattern that has evolved throughout the cycle of the Galaxy line of phones.
7. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I'm just hoping it doesn't look like the rendered image above as i don't like that design!
It'll be a beast of a phone no doubt,I'll prob either get this or the htc one x as my next phone!
10. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
No words on simultaneous launch worldwide? Usually in US this toys are delivered with delays because of our beloved carriers.
22. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
haha. good one. i literally laughed out loud.
"beloved" carriers who take forever to get the devices and then even longer to update them
24. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Don't you love them? Because of their bloatware, the Monks of Tibet (with respect) get the new devices before us.
11. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
if April is the release date then i don't how they didn't announce the phone yet.. unless they want to keep up the hype.
15. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Wow so many articles on the S3. It's getting hot like the new iPad.
23. JunitoNH (Posts: 1806; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Carriers can't be too bad, you guys are making them very rich.
25. sajithm (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
http://www.galaxys3.in - Samsung Galaxy S3 Specifications