Rumor says new Nexus 10 with beefed up GPU coming at MWC
1. ajac09 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:16 1 5
Pics and videos or STFU! (to the guys at bright side news)
6. _Bone_ posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:01 3 6
It wouldn't be a rumor if there were pics or videos, would it? Evidence would make it a fact, wouldn't it?
7. Dr.Phil posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:20 2 0
Eh, it would still be technically a rumor because even if they were to release pictures or a video we would have no idea what we are really looking at. It could be the Nexus 10 or it could be a new device called the Nexus 10 Pro. Also, they could just use a normal Nexus 10 and tamper with the benchmarks to make it seem like it's a new device (haven't seen that before but I wouldn't put it in the realm of impossible.)
8. squallz506 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:26 0 0
Its a rumor up until the moment it becomes official, regardless of evidence.
Idk what dr. Phil's smoking cx
9. _Bone_ posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:42 0 1
Either way, considering a quad(octa)-core next-gen GPU'd 10" tablet I'm holding my breath for, this rumor is pretty promising as that's what required for 100% lagless fullHD+ gaming and movie playback, for other purposes a Nexus 7 should be enough.
11. HDShatter posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:59 0 0
I think theres a better chance they will put a tegra 4 in the nexus 7/10 than this.
24. Dr.Phil posted on 21 Jan 2013, 23:04 0 0
I was saying exactly what you are saying, except I was using an example to explain it...
My point was that EVEN IF they released the video, we wouldn't know what we were looking at.
2. imkyle posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:17 2 4
So the people who shelled out $499 at the Play Store and to the people who spent the extra money purchasing it on eBay will have a unit that will be "night and day" differenece compared to the new one? Sounds like Apple with their 3rd and 4th generation one.
21. imkyle posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:50 0 0
Oh yes stop making devices all together. That's a sarcastic question that should not even be mentioned. They should have tested the current GPU more thoroughly to make sure it could handle a screen that large in pixels. Releasing a device 2 months after the first one sucks for those who purchased the first model.
27. lonewolf2873 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 04:33 0 0
Difference is they are not saying it's the new model like 4,4s
Im ok with updated product hardware. At least Google is addressing problems.
3. darac posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:22 2 2
Okay, sounds awesome..Google seems to be well aware of things and is making all the right decisions.
This could be my first tablet, if true
5. techguy22 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:57 0 1
wow.and i almost bought one on ebay. i cant wait. hope its true.
10. TheLibertine posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:54 0 2
Geez. But the iPad 4 was a decorative and over-rushed update...
12. HDShatter posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:00 0 0
Nexus 10 is already getting outdatted by other devices running 1600p + tegra 4s so it makes since for an upgrade.
15. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 21 Jan 2013, 14:45 0 0
Wow, I have yet to see one affordable tablet running 1600p. Seen CES things, but nothing that is out now that a consumer can purchase running that.
Google will always upgrade things, seems that the original Nexus 10 bit off more than it could chew, so they want a better specified CPU/GPU combo to run it's insane resolution as smooth as butter.
13. Berzerk000 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 14:15 0 0
Exynos 5 quad and Mali-T658 or 678 would be a very nice upgrade.
17. MistB posted on 21 Jan 2013, 15:50 0 0
Nope, insider info definitely points it to being Samsung.
22. gwuhua1984 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 19:44 0 0
That's too bad then... If the tablet look anything like the Galaxy Note 10.1 then I'll think about it.
25. IHateApple posted on 22 Jan 2013, 03:23 0 0
IF it's Samsung, then I am sure Exynos 5 Octa also has Mali-T628. The performance T628 should be twice the performance of T604. Plus, we also get OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
20. papss posted on 21 Jan 2013, 17:18 1 0
I wish as they make WAY better hardware than crapsung
19. papss posted on 21 Jan 2013, 17:17 0 0
It's more likely in response to apples updated GPU, too bad there are no games on android that will show the power
23. half_21 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 19:47 0 0
This is one trend that i hate about google..they release a product then months after they release an upgraded device of the same product on the same price, which makes u regret buying the lower spec model rather than waiting for the improved one...(happened to me on my nexus 7 16gb model for $249)....hmmm,
28. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 19:12 0 0
Can't wait for a Google nexus 10S/nexus 10+ , with a GPU of up to twice as fast , 3G/4G LTE , bigger battery , more colour options , better camera etc