PhoneArena Awards 2012: Worst Tablet
The worst tablet of 2012 comes from a maker that is still struggling to make a name for itself on the U.S. market. Some of its products we like, some we aren't big fans of, and naturally, the winner in today's category belongs to the latter group. Ladies and gents, the year's worst tablet is the...
To tell you the truth, the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite isn't that terrible of a tablet. It even has some neat tricks up its sleeve, such as the presence of cellular connectivity for web access and phone calls. But when you add its weak single-core processor and underwhelming build quality to the equation, it becomes evident that going with a MediaPad 7 Lite is probably not a very bright idea. Especially considering that for the same amount of money one can grab a superior non-3G tablet from a brand-name manufacturer. Unless you absolutely require 3G connectivity on your tablet, our advice is to pass on the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite.
Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is also on the list, and we bet that some of you are wondering why. Well, the thing is that when we got our hands on it, we were expecting a worthy successor to the original Galaxy Tab 10.1, but what we got instead was a marginally better tablet that offered little to justify its title with. In fact, when the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 was released, folks holding on to the original had no reasons to upgrade, especially since the newer model carried a $450 launch price tag. Sure, Samsung is well capable of making good Android tablets, but the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 was a dud.
1. android_hitman posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:02 70 8
i wonder when the ipad will be on this list??
"what we got instead was a marginally better tablet that offered little to justify its title with" - sounds like the new ipad
2. simplyj posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:04 65 3
But dude, the last one added a lightning connector! it was revolutionary!
22. loyals posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:56 4 24
The one with that lightening connector can beat all others in perfomance though. i cant even believe trolls r picking up ipad name here , which was supposed to be the 1st proper tablet. just think for a second why you people are simply hating something just because you couldnt own it or afford it??. dont you ppl having jobs or something apart from trollin n hating n feeling jealous all the time ?!!!
25. danny_a2005 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:16 4 13
I agree... I want an ipad 4!!! +1
27. simplyj posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:44 22 2
Last I checked, the Nexus 10 dominates the iPad 4 in all aspects. This includes, speed, screen, hardware and (saving the best for last) price!
Not trolling, just smarter than you.
36. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 17:26 3 13
The nexus 10 doesn't even sell dude. Get over it. A great tablet that no one even knows about.
41. lovefist posted on 12 Dec 2012, 17:58 0 1
As much as I hate overpriced products from rotten companies, I have to agree with this guy. Nexus 10 ain't selling.
75. osorto40 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 15:42 1 0
Thats why its sold out hmm interesting.
74. loyals posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:42 0 0
any one who knows about tech stuff never go after so called spec. its all about sofware and hardware integration which android fails big time to do bcoz of many devices n thats d same reason dey cant even give updates to thier old devices (check out 3gs, still getting updates)
see the perfomance benchmarks od ipad 4 anyways bro . dont simply* speack rubbish. u wish u could be smarter .
but hey !!
keep wishing :)
35. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 17:24 0 0
Man U said it, they troll every apple article and if the article isn't about apple they find a way to make it about apple. The iPad plain, and simply shouldn't b in the list of worst tablets when it's the benchmark by which all other tablets r judged by. It #1 for a reason so deal with it.
45. TROLL posted on 12 Dec 2012, 18:02 2 3
Get over it, it's nothing new! Everyone on every Gsmarena, Verge, Engadget, Pocketknow, and on every internet site bash, trash, hate Apple™®©
50. bayusuputra posted on 12 Dec 2012, 18:55 5 0
Couldn't own/afford is different with doesn't want..
I can afford 5 iPads, but there are many tablets that have better value..
You see, it's all about value..
55. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:18 1 4
K dude we get ya. Now go to bed
58. parkwaydr posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:47 0 0
Haha loyals I hate the the iPad and Apple, but could easily afford to buy an iPad a week and still live comfortably. Just because something has a high price tag, doesn't make it the best.
10. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:27 12 2
dude i have 100% same thought in my mind! but u know what, its the $630 BILLION + that makes all of these review sites ignore every wrong thing about apple, and make them portray apple as the leader in EVERY FUC**NG thing!
11. TheLibertine posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:29 17 2
Dont forgot the "4" in the name! Its the first tablet ever to be called iPad 4!
13. LOTR12 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:02 10 0
Actually they still call it "The New iPad" even though it should be called The New iPad 2.
57. DerryAhmad posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:29 1 0
Actually they called it "iPad with Retina Display" now. Wonder what will they call the iPad 5.. Hmm..
62. Reluctant_Human posted on 12 Dec 2012, 22:05 2 0
The newer ipad with pupil display.
18. RiseAgainst94 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:09 3 0
Doesn't make it the worst tablet of the year, just makes it only a little better than the previous best tablet of the year.
19. kirholstov posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:11 3 3
Do you remember when iPad 2 was the best tablet out there? iPad 4 is 4x faster then iPad 2, it has better camera, retina display and Siri. Isn't it enough for you? If so, you can buy MS Surface Pro for 800$ when the iPad is only 400$. Written from my iPad 2
26. true1984 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:43 0 0
yeah but you can can get a nexus 10 with a better resolution and proccessor with better perfomance for the same price. but what my tablet was 400 for a 32gb with expandable memory and a quad core proccessor. so have fun with that
31. kirholstov posted on 12 Dec 2012, 14:58 0 1
I agree but it depends on your personal preference, at the moment I better like iOS rather than Android, I'm used to it. I use my old htc Desire with 2.2, so I might switch to WP or stay with htc products like Butterfly. I don't like in WP that at the moment it doesn't have notification centre, good apps and quad-core processors.
54. true1984 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 19:56 1 1
i guess you're right. i didnt get into it since i dont like apple's ecosystem. but i used to like apple so i guess i cant really criticize your decision
63. Reluctant_Human posted on 12 Dec 2012, 22:15 0 0
Its not the fact that most people here think that the iPad 4 deserves to be the worst tablet of the year (although some haters do but it's a matter of opinion). The problem stems from the logic and phrasing used for the Samsung tablet being on the list. "what we got instead was a marginally better tablet that offered little to justify its title with"
The new ipad (ipad 3) was only slightly better than the 2 and then the 4 is slightly better than the ipad 3. I'm sorry but you can't argue with that.
20. rf1975 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:27 1 0
I wish galaxy tab 2 P5100 on the first place. one of the worst gadget i ever purchased. I feel xtouch tabs from china is way better than this brick.
59. PhenomFaz posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:50 0 0
dude that was as good as it can be put for an ipad...you nailed it amigo!
64. shnibz posted on 12 Dec 2012, 22:44 1 0
It will be on the list when it sucks worse than the galaxy tab.
72. uzairkhan1994 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:52 0 0
just so u knw it is the most selling tablet...
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:09 4 0
I think it's not interesting to know what the worst thing is, there are many bad things and nobody cares.
We all want to know what is the best. And the list should include top 5.
37. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 17:29 2 1
Now if the iPad was on this list u'd have a field day
53. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 12 Dec 2012, 19:05 0 0
Dude, I think iPads are not the best tablets out there, the best are Nexus 10 and Nexus 4. But iPads are certainly not the worst.
if iOS had as many functionalities as Android iPads could be 2nd best tablets in the market.
56. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:19 1 0
Lol got it. Thanx for enlightening me master Meo
4. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:14 4 3
PhoneArena...i can already assume the best smartphone you'll choose according to me. And that day everyone (minus a few) might roar at you.
38. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 17:32 3 1
As a primary iPhone user, I'd vote the gs3 as the best smartphone of 2012 simply based on its innovation, and the leap it was over the gs2. I prefer the ip5 personally, but the gs3 should get the nod.
5. gwuhua1984 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:16 4 0
I was so close to get a Tab 2 10.1 when Costco had it on sale on Black Friday for $125... It's a good thing that they sold out, I spent more and got the Note 10.1 instead. Definitely worth it.
66. gwuhua1984 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 23:49 0 0
To tell you the truth... I don't see the point of having an S-Pen, but I'm still loving the tablet. The tablet is actually for my wife and baby, after using it, makes me want to get one for myself.
70. darkkjedii posted on 13 Dec 2012, 04:10 0 0
73. gwuhua1984 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:29 0 0
I'm also a bit sorry to say that I think I've lost quite some interest to the ASUS Transformer line...
6. TROLL posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:17 17 3
What about the iPad mini, this iPad lags and stuts and loads pages slowly, even the 4s is much better™®©
8. ajac09 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:20 23 5
this is iphonearena. apple does nothing wrong in there eyes
51. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 18:57 1 3
Learn to capitalize, before you bash apple.
7. ajac09 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:20 11 0
The new ipad. Becasue apple thought it wasnt good enough to keep around for a year
9. sats.mine2k4 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:23 6 7
Why didn't the Surface RT not make the list... It's another product from MS which is going down the Zune hd lane...
12. iDroid8 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:47 1 0
its not that bad a tab-seems quite nice, just a bit over priced and a shortage of apps
15. jphillips63 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:22 2 0
Lets not forget the xoom by motorola. That had to be the most expensive and worse experience I've had with a tablet. They wanted to be the first tablet to hit the android market and they were, but it was a half baked product has one of the worse screens on the market of any tablet i've ever seen. just all in all poor marketing on this tablet.
16. Mghazisohail posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:22 2 1
did anyone forgot the ipad mini..........it was also a mini ipad 2.............truly fail!!!
17. RiseAgainst94 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:08 3 6
Why would the ipad be on the list? It's probably the best tablet available.
61. InspectorGadget80 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 21:09 1 0
and the iPad 4 but they all look the same
24. kanagadeepan posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:12 1 0
Ya. But I guess they took it as 2011 product...
52. MC1123 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 19:04 2 0
its not awful!!!
it was a great tablet but was overprice!!!
28. bloodline posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:52 3 0
OMG phone arena how can you say that about the Samsung tablet when the iPad 4 is exactly that as well. Shocking editorial work. If you gave other reasons fair enough. Very poor work
29. Planterz posted on 12 Dec 2012, 14:35 3 2
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gave marginal improvements over an outdated tablet. 149ppI is just pathetic in this day and age.
The iPad 4 has significant improvements (processing power) over a tablet that wasn't really outdated and is still an excellent product. Sure, the iPad 4 is expensive, and being released so soon after the iPad 3 raise some eyebrows, but just because these facts gives iHaters fuel to bash the product/company, that doesn't make the iPad 4 a bad product, and definitely doesn't deserve to be on this list.
And folks, this comes from an iHater. Their products are far too expensive, and I hate their business model and ethics, but I can't deny that the iPad 4 (and 3) is an impressive piece of electronics.
47. darkkjedii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 18:18 1 0
Great to know that some one can absolutely not b a fan of apple, but still give credit where it's due. Hating apple has nothing to do with the iPad, its just a product. Thank u for being a mature techie, and not a childish joke.