Painting of the famous "Ellen selfie" now hangs on the wall at Twitter
Not even the word that Samsung had planned the whole stunt out in advance, could tarnish the shot. And what brings up that infamous image once again, is a painting of it that is now hanging up at Twitter headquarters. A tweet sent out by Twitter employee Lauren Mitcheom, included the painting and an invitation for Ellen to visit Twitter so that she could take a selfie with employees there.
We know that the honor of having one's image on a postage stamp is reserved to those who have passed on, like the late Steve Jobs. But why not make a stamp out of Ellen's selfie? Sponsored or not, it has become a symbol of the widespread use of mobile devices and social networks in the U.S.
3. PressStart (Posts: 117; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Agreed. And so is the other girl, imo...
4. lllIIIlllIIl (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
The asian reminds me of that asian girl from Elementary (t.v. show).
Yea she's good looking also.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
But yeah, I agree!
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Until now I still don't understand what's the whole point of this "Ellen group selfie" thing, just to get attention? You already have a lot of attention in your show.
8. tech2 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It got attention because it was the most tweeted pic of all times and it also clogged twitter's server for good few minutes which has never happened before.
22. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Its a nice selfie with a lot of celebrity in it.
Love the note3's front camera.
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right! Not bragging or anything but I can definitely do much better than this!
12. Commentator (Posts: 2394; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
All these rich and famous actors FINALLY got the publicity they deserve!
14. Orion78 (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
The asian fetish in this website is disturbing. You guys need girlfriends. lol
15. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
LOL. It seems like it's the first time they see girls.
16. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Their ugly little HTCs and Sonys are probably the only girls they get and they have to bash Samsungs because normal, mainstream non-basement dwellers have them lol /end troll
23. lyndon420 (Posts: 1733; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
You got something against someone wanting an asian girlfriend?
20. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This whole selfie thing just tells you how pathetic our society has become...
24. lyndon420 (Posts: 1733; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
People have been snapping selfies since the invention of the hand held camera. What's so wrong with that...like seriously. You'd think that you were jealous or something because you weren't included in this pic lol.