On the eve of its unveiling, more Samsung Galaxy S 4 pictures leak
While the rumored eye tracking feature that uses the front-facing camera to scroll content on the screen will not be on the unit, it seems that there will be a feature that tracks eye movement to stop and start videos. If your eyes dart away from the screen, a video that is playing will stop. Focus back on the screen and the movie will re-start. Unfortunately for Samsung, its country mate, LG, beat it to the punch with an announcement today that the feature will be made available as an update for the LG Optimus G Pro.
Another feature on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 allows your finger to hover over the screen to see previews of your email and other content. This is similar to the Air View that is used with the stylus on the Samsung GALAXY Note II.
With the clock ticking toward today's big introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S 4, keep it right here on Phone Arena for live coverage!
Samsung Galaxy S 4 GT-I9502 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
source: it168 (translated), EngadgetChinese (translated) via Engadget
1. DaveyJE24 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:17 7 0
A Little late on the pics. MobileAdvances . com has had this up for awhile now.
28. htc_evo_3d posted on 14 Mar 2013, 01:01 19 1
Just like me, is everyone unhappy about this purported desing of s4?
41. AnTuTu posted on 14 Mar 2013, 01:27 6 1
Yeah bro :(
121. rizevnarastek posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:06 0 0
The sides remind me of a certain HTC :) hahaha
nwk.1d/i/tim/2012/05/15/HTC_Ev o_4G_LTE_smartphone_35182267_1 6_610x459.jpg
59. AnTuTu posted on 14 Mar 2013, 02:21 0 1
Mate Sammy introduced flexible displays they are 1000000000 times more capable than this design and device. So please don't say that :(
92. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 04:21 7 1
It actually does, just the usual design trolling here, the S4 will rock based on the leaked specs. What good is a stunningly gorgeous HTC One if it does half the video playback time oh and you can't even get one?
The reason this can still be a fake is 1) I don't think Samsung is giving away final design to average ppl. before revealing the product first, only test usits which differ exactly for leaking reasons. Final versions get out before release which is a few weeks from now.
2) One picture on the screen-close-up shows pixelization pattern suggesting the resolution is lower (much lower) than FHD. You can pretty much mimic everything from looks to faked system information to faked benchmarks, but you can't mimic a FHD screen.
96. MrJerry posted on 14 Mar 2013, 04:36 2 1
Plus if those pics leaked from Korea, it woud be more likely.
Sammy is not an Apple.
114. Jonathan41 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:09 0 0
"Video playback time"? I wouldn't say that the HTC One was no good because, the Samsung G IV may have a slightly longer video playback battery life.
94. flipjzn posted on 14 Mar 2013, 04:24 1 0
How? It looks almost the same as s3.
How do u show off urs is newer?
102. xsmartphonex posted on 14 Mar 2013, 05:07 1 0
what about iphones?
117. LumiaLover posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:25 0 0
Errrr...not sure if you are being sarcastic here , but it looks exactly the bloomin same to me mate
83. DerryAhmad posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:43 4 0
I really want to like Samsung's phone. Their flagship is an all rounder. But I don't like the S3 design. Not to mention it's also used in NoteII and S3 Mini.
Nevertheless. Most of the people I know uses a case (flip case) with their S3 and Note2. So I don't think the overall look will affect Sammy's fans from buying S4. I think the Display is what matter most to them rather than the build.
86. BattleBrat posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:49 6 2
*scratches s4 off list* OK! HTC One, Moto X, and iPhone 5s (if all else fails) are now my prospects...
88. KINGJUAN27 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:53 4 6
The bitter truth is haaaard to accept.
Just go on waiting for your cheap-looking S4! :D
106. tech2 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:32 1 1
Dude, just stop trolling all Samsung articles already ! If you 'hate' Samsung, then why come on their every post and call it with 'absolute certainty' that it is cheap-looking ? BTW, not everyone puts design above specs !
You seriously need to get a life, man ! Grow up
93. MrJerry posted on 14 Mar 2013, 04:23 2 1
I don't think it is the final one mate.
What are the things on capacitive buttons and near sensors?
They look different to originals and something is not done
I think it is just one of prototypes or fake model from Sammy to surprise us :)
I don't believe Chinese source this time since I believe the real GS4 is in Korea and US by now.
There is no reason that the first final GS4 version is in China
105. Adithya7184 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 05:30 0 0
this is just a prototype. visit this page-
118. Jeradiah3 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:12 0 0
Im not impressed with the S4. Other than the internal specs, its not enough for me to regret upgrading the the S3 in december of last year. Cellphone technology has started to plateau and thats not a good thing
2. flexile posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:18 42 2
Remember the ad of the GS3 were they made fun of Apple by saying something like: "If it looks the same, how will people know that I upgraded?"? Yeah, it kinda happened now to Samsung. lol. To be fair though, it do differentiates a bit more from GS3, unlike iPhone 4/4S.
6. E.N. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:24 19 3
it looks somewhat different from the sgIII, but it looks near identical to the note II. I wouldn't be surprised if they combined the Note and the Galaxy Series
7. htc_evo_3d posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:27 15 3
so rumors about the desing are real? OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hopes are diminishing for S4
18. faisolbauuz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:44 7 3
Well im dissapointed by this design its about 95% same as gs3 and using last gen gpu well im waiting for tegra 4 phone then
24. Alberto.GM posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:50 7 0
Sammy with this phone is kind of following apple steps about te design, if this is acutually the real S IV I hope de next Galaxy S flagship suffers a total redisign or all the phone world will be really disappointed
3. Alberto.GM posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:20 9 4
I think that despite the fact that it´s specs will be awesome no dude about that, some people really care about the design and that sort of premiun feel, if Sammy don´t pay attention in this kind of stuff he will loose potential clients
72. RiseAgainst94 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:01 4 2
Watch out Samsung, Apple is going to sue you for reusing your design. That was their thing.
79. andro. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:34 0 1
Haha! How could your comment get so many thumbs down,its bone of the best I've seen in ages! The ammount of times using those ctrl functions has saved my life in work is funny!
I'd be disappointed if the s4 looked exactly like the s3,although I don't think it will. I think Samsung has sent out fake cases over the right internals to keep the design secret. The beauty of android is though if manufacturer did an apple and release the exact same phone design twice I'd have plenty of top other android handsets to choose from. I have been using a Htc one recently for example and its a class bit of kit
5. Adithya7184 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:24 9 1
hope this is not the S4......
one thing in my mind is, how the hell that Chinese guy got this phone???? how???? how????
8. htc_evo_3d posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:28 4 0
Remember Goophone=iPhone5Type?? anything is possible in China.
82. pwnarena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:42 1 0
because china has been hacking the world for trade and military information. if they can hack through the US, they can easily do that to south korea.
9. Topcat488 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:29 0 0
Looks like Goophone already done copied the S4... Looooks like S3... Not good Sammy. :(
119. akki20892 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:18 0 0
yep........but it's a S4 we can't change now........!!!
12. big.e927 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:36 8 2
I'm a pretty die-hard Samsung fan, and even of this phone has a 5 inch AMOLED screen, which I doubt cause this phone has poor viewing angles or just not enough brightness. In either case, if this phone indeed turns out to be the GS4, I might as well get the HTC One... :/
77. iushnt posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:28 0 5
Xperia sola is different.. It uses front cam and it doesn't work similar to hover..
95. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 04:32 1 0
You're an idiot
15. Wiki_jaan posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:38 10 14
who cares about haters ..... i ll definitely buy s4
16. chistoefurpuffer posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:40 2 6
I don't care if it looks the same. It's all about the specs. Everyone hates Sammy because of this, not even considering the actually hardware and software. They're all acting like booty bruised stuck-up 10 year olds.
48. E.N. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 01:38 2 2
Would you spend top dollar for a butt ugly car with great mileage? Would you spend top dollar for a beautiful car with terrible mileage/specs? There's a balance
56. chistoefurpuffer posted on 14 Mar 2013, 02:10 2 4
So you really think Sammy's phones are THAT butt-ugly? Be honest for gods sake. You and everyone else just try to find the dumbest excuses to hate on the big guys now. It's what everyone did to Apple, now Samsung cuz they got popular? That's just freakin stupid.
66. sbw44 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 02:33 4 0
Well samsung made fun of apple when they didnt change their designs but now when samsung does the same its now all of a sudden OK?
Give me a break, you say its all about specs? what benefit does a quad core processor give you over a dual core?
Why would people want to make excuses? Samsung plain simply makes ugly phone's!
74. chistoefurpuffer posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:23 0 1
They make plan ugly phones? Tell that to the likely 10 million people that will buy the phone within the first month. It's all matter of opinion. What you and I think are in two completely different ballparks.
85. pwnarena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:47 2 0
yeah i'm telling you now they make ugly phones. though not all of what they made are ugly. i like the galaxy wave design.
111. E.N. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:38 1 1
Are you stupid? I was using two extremes to make a point. I never said Samsung's phones were butt-ugly. I personally think their designs are OK, neither amazing nor terrible. Just OK.
And I own a Note II so now you can STFU.
64. bayusuputra posted on 14 Mar 2013, 02:28 1 1
if it's all about the specs, then the Optimus G Pro and HTC One could be better than this, too.
It's all about being an all-rounder, bro.
80. chistoefurpuffer posted on 14 Mar 2013, 03:35 0 0
Never said this was better, fact I love LG and HTC. I own an LG phone actually.
17. AamirSIII posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:40 14 4
sammy disappoints me if this is the real S4...
25. Wiki_jaan posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:52 1 4
i think its fake coz sammy never uses a transparent notification bar as far as i know sammy only use black bar
19. ama3654 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 00:44 2 1
Looks exactly like my Note 2 with much better internals, screen and camera. Time to upgrade based on personal opinion, its simple, if you don't like it, just get HTC One, Xperia Z or LG optimus G pro.
39. E.N. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 01:26 2 1
To be honest, I'm kinda mad that this phone is so similar to the Note II. Features like the hover with the Spen are among the reasons why I bought the Note II, and now there's a better implementation on the SIV since you can use your fingers now, smaller form factor with a 5inch screen, much better internals, not to mention that the pen is actually pretty useless. If Samsung continues with the Note line after the SIV, I definitely won't be buying another one