Microsoft Lumia 430 is announced as the most affordable Lumia ever, to cost $70
1. JaneChenLong (Posts: 374; Member since: 18 Mar 2015)
I think this phone is like a car that use motor bike engine. (or perhaps tata nano)
I wonder if Blackberry should follow Microsoft on how low can you go to gain more user.
10. jesusnexo (Posts: 149; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
on thier defence.... WP is really lightweight.... but i could see them throwing a SD400 for 20 more dollars
11. jesusnexo (Posts: 149; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Isnt the moto E 120 or so? is not under the 100 unless bought from carrier
13. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
... and the third world people, poor people and the like.
14. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
if it release in my country, i'll consider buying one.
4. timukh (Posts: 291; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I think this is a perfect example of how a low end device can also help people who have less disposable income with a fine device without too much compromises. $70 android phones are very laggy (galaxy star user) and it takes too much patience to use them! This is truely a great alternative!
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 5256; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
TLies. I use a 512mb RAM, 2GB internal storage Neptune Pines smart watch. Its good with WhatApp, Facebook and YouTube. No issue.
Moto E is also a viable choice for the same price. Don't knock off other brands and choices. Buyer are smart to make their own choices.
8. elitewolverine (Posts: 5015; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Depends bran new the Moto E was usually 100+ full price. So this is still cheaper. Even amazon is listing the E at 100+ right now. I could probably find it cheaper 'probably'. But at that rate i would argue the 635 for 50 from ATT is even a better buy.
As well yes your watch can run it, however...its 4.1 system, it's a 3yr old OS, let us know when the watch runs without lag on android 5.1 ;), considering this device will be getting Win10, it is a very valid point to make.
I wouldnt consider the avg buyer smart, not when I get to deal with them daily. I would call them price conscious
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5256; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You twisting with unconfirmed information. That is phone will be getting WP10. But i am sharing fact that low end device can run all android social app without problem. Many of those app have yet to hit the WP platform. This is another important consideration for most buyers.
17. elitewolverine (Posts: 5015; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
It is not misinformation that this will get 10
9. Jason78 (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
The new Moto E is $120.
12. elitewolverine (Posts: 5015; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
So $50 more for the 3g variant...so it is not 'the same price'.
And if you go for the LTE variant your spending 150. So a 640 would match right up against it and imo even outrun it.
After pitting the 640 side by side other devices during the testing phase here, its a really good phone and the 8mp shots are rather impressive and the rich capture is amazingly fast. Plus it has a larger screen and higher resolution for approximately the same price.
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Personally I'd rather get a Lumia 525 than this, even if I have to let go of the front-facing camera & dual SIM. Krait ftw!!!
7. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I guess Microsoft's next phone will be a couple of cans joined by a piece of string.