Lenovo Vibe Z goes official: razor-thin 5.5 incher is company's first with LTE
The Lenovo Vibe Z features the 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 system chip, the same Qualcomm creation that powers the latest and most powerful devices out there, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The device also sports 2GB of RAM, and comes with 16GB of internal storage for the basic model.
A 13-megapixel auto-focus camera lays on the back of the Vibe Z. It features a large f/1.8 aperture - such a wide aperture allows more light in, and that's great for better low-light shots and just steadier images. There is also a wide-angle 5-megapixel front camera with the wide-angle feature making it possible to fit more people in a scene, so those family video chats will be even more fun.
We have already mentioned that the Vibe Z will be Lenovo's first smartphone to support 4G LTE connectiviy, and other connectivity options include dual-channel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
All of this hardware will work to power Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with some Lenovo motion and gesture support, as well as a few custom apps like Super Camera and Super Gallery that add more effects to your images. The Vibe Z price starts at $549 and it will arrive to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the Philippines in February, but Lenovo says it won't be available in the United States. Nonetheless, not bad for an international start, don't you think?
Lenovo Vibe Z
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What a beast! What's the price?
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Okay, thanks Victor. But I saw the specs and you guys said that it lacks micro SD for storage expansion, are you guys sure about that?
18. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
What a sexy device, like the K900
3. shahulvm (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Screen on/off button untop; hmm...not the best place to put it...
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4150; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'll pass. If rather get something more mainstream.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
An iPhone right? I'd rather get something more useful instead of a little phone that's good for showing off.
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4150; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You're the first one to mention the iPhone. Checkmate.
15. Imaxxacre (Posts: 57; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
The back really reminds me of a GS2. Seems like a beast of a smartphone, though.
17. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
good spec , but i didnot trust on Lenovo for their quality
has a bad experience with lenovo s920 ;( just few week it gets problem,cant power on... now send to repair X(
my old lg device still work well,already 2year and more
19. RandomUsername (Posts: 552; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Is that a metal frame or just painted plastic?
21. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Love what they did with the front facing camera. 5 megapixels & wide-angle! I hope this becomes more standard in 2014 flagships.
23. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 371; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
This is a good price for the device. Let's see whats gonna happen in 2014.