LG G5 back panel for South Korean carrier LG Uplus leaks out - this is the real deal!
1. neela_akaash (Posts: 1110; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Looks even worse than the previous leak...
15. PANIC (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
This reminds me of Star Wars actually
Btw I am an LG G4 fan...so this is not a troll
17. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
For a slight second i maybe tought to consider LG G5 vs S7 Edge , but no f**k that , i aint paying high end money for ugly phone , no matter the spec because S7 WILL deliver + water resistant + if i regret buying S7 at least its beautifull.
28. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2247; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yea, I don't really like this design, looks cheap.
29. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 762; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
taking the crown of the most beautiful design is very difficult. So LG is trying to take the crown of ugly design. again looking very ugly. I hope lg will not drop the ball on camera sensor. Samsung already cheap out by putting 1/2.5" sensor.
32. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I actually think it looks slightly better than the previous leaks but it's still ugly as hell.
2. neops (Posts: 285; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
"The LED flash and fingerprint scanner are both visible" Where? They are missing. Is Just a chassis
11. spin9 (Posts: 279; Member since: 31 May 2014)
Now it became "The holes for the LED flash assembly and fingerprint scanner are both visible"
5. nebula (Posts: 510; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
But this is just an ugly protective case right?!
7. wargreymon (Posts: 671; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Its starting to grow on me. The white one looks best so far, strong colors like red, blue and deep black would look much better.
One interesting thing is that the cameras and finger print scanner doesn't seem to stick out much at all on this chassi.
10. wargreymon (Posts: 671; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
The slot is probably just a part of the chassi, not any electronics in it. If you look at the lower right side of it you see a small opening, probably for a button to remove the bottom.
14. MrMiyagi (Posts: 40; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Oh wow ...Okay, let's see how they'll spin this one.
16. orionla (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2014)
That case doesn't look the best, hopefully that is a case or something
18. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
A few more carefully placed holes and that could look like a Storm Trooper helmet, and that would be a phone I'd buy.
19. TMHKR (Posts: 51; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Damn, even my Bello looks better. It appears G5 is just an experiment, to see if people will accept the fancy new battery / expansion slot system.
20. AZNHA (unregistered)
wow im speechless
21. soldier820 (Posts: 115; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
well, idk if i am the only one or not. But i am not feeling this. Well i guess well see when i get a chance to play with it
23. aegislash (Posts: 214; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
G2/G3/G4, hell even the V10, had such nice designs......what the heck happened?
I admit, this back panel with the circles in the camera area looks much better than a completely black open area like we've seen on previous G5 leaks.
But just....overall, I feel like this is a gigantic step back from their previous designs. Keep the back buttons, embed a fingerprint scanner into the power/lock button, beef up the internals, better camera, and go with all metal design with removable battery magic slot thingy. Perfect evolution of the G4 right there.
24. maxkai (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Feb 2016)
look less ugly than before.. .but still ugly.. haha
25. Diezparda (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
I hope using some case will help. I really don't like the back panel it's much worse than iphone antena lines.
30. sissy246 (Posts: 616; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
This is even uglier then the 6p back and it's pretty ugly.
33. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Q1 smartphones that have new designs, are riding the ugly ass design train smh.
34. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1832; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I like the looks. Just that color doesn't do it for me. The black or white version will probably be much sexier. Especially the black. Looks like the Nexus 5x.
I remember when all anyone said about the Nexus 6P was how ugly it looked before launch. Now everyone loves it.
35. keithtae (Posts: 341; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
Omg. They just can't design any good phones at all don't they? This is ugly as f**k