Jelly Bean update coming to Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III
If you don't want to wait until then, good news; you can now download and install the leaked K3 Jelly Bean ROM, as well as installing ClockWorkMod Recovery, Root the phone, and unlocking the Bootloader by following the steps that "open1your1eyes0" has listed here. But keep in mind that if you wait and do the 62MB over-the-air update, and then at a later time want to root your phone, you'll have to still use his three-step guide: starting with the K3 No-Wipe, then ClockWorkMod Recovery, Root the phone and unlocking the Bootloader.
Verizon's support documents also reflect the K3 Jelly Bean ROM being official, as they list all the features and benefits.
For some reason Verizon removed the K3 Jelly Bean support documents on their site, probably because they weren't intended to be listed just yet.
source XDA, Verizon Wireless
6. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Heya King. Have you put JB on your MAXX HD yet via root?
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5562; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i've had the leak since it came out and i have Safestrap which can boot into either CM10 and Batakang as well. o:
14. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Sweet man. I did pick up the DNA, and it is amazing. I get by quite easily with the 16GB storage and the battery is far better than I ever imagined. I usually get through a whole day, including text, social media, calls, and some gaming. I think it's no contest, best phones of the year in no particular order are the MAXX HD, DNA, and SGSIII. The SGSIII will be sweet on JB. I know my DNA is.=)
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5562; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and the Note II, in fact i'd replace the SIII with that because out of the three you mentioned in terms of specs the SIII can't fight the DNA and the MAXX HD. i'm glad you're enjoying your DNA, i MIGHT get one and try it out one day but i'll have to be able to get some stable AOSP on there.
16. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I haven't rooted mine yet, and honestly, I don't think I will in the near future. Runs great as it is, and just don't wanna risk screwing it up. Way my luck has run lately, I'd brick it lol.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5562; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD if you're happy with it then definitely don't. i'm just not a big fan of Sense. i like to be creative with the way things like my homepages look and Sense has a very specific elegant look which isn't really neutral looking enough to work with.
19. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
What can I say, the great thing about Android is you can have it how you want it. =)
21. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I'm just not comfortable calling the Note II a phone. It really is a thing all on it's own. It's cool, no doubt, but I just find it hard to really call it a phone. To me it is more like a tablet that can make phone calls, based on the capabilities it has.
2. tedkord (Posts: 4518; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've been running the VRBLK3 leak for a week or two, most currently with Jelly Beans v6. Super smooth and fast.
3. wp8forever (unregistered)
That's what I love about,android fans they are real, they can get disappointed,let down ,forgotten, and they still have hope lol Jesus lol look at the fist comment.
4. uneedhelp (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Haha all late and get this the s4 is coming out first quarter of next year more plastic for yall to drool over# Samsung is garbage
7. tedkord (Posts: 4518; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Samsung is the number one smartphone seller with the number once mobile OS with no one even close.
There, I fixed that for you.
11. cripton805 (Posts: 913; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I prefer the plastic removable back in case I scratch the backing.
I could just buy a new one for $5
5. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i'm amazed that big red is pushing out an update even this quick, though after having my s2 on att, i'm leary of flashing leaks anymore
9. FAUguy (Posts: 77; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
I've been using the K3 leak for a few days and it works good following the steps in the XDA thread.
8. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
Why does a screenshot of Google Now say Google Plus?
10. slandy7 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Naturally the dimwits at Verizon described Google Now to a T and then called it Google Plus
12. Cha7520 (Posts: 210; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I'll believe it when I hit the "Software update" and see it pop up! lol
18. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Been enjoying Jelly Bean through Cleanrom. I hope these photo effects can be used with the front facing camera.