Jelly Bean coming to International Samsung Galaxy S III next week
Besides getting the usual Jelly Bean features like Google Now, the update will also bring new features to the International Samsung Galaxy S III through TouchWiz. These include the new "dormant mode" that improves notifications and alerts, and an "easy mode" for, well, easy home screen functionality.
So where does this leave those sporting the Qualcomm S4 powered version of the sizzling hot Android smartphone? Besides being a little envious, it leaves them just a bit closer to getting Android 4.1 on their device.
15. metoyou posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:17 0 0
you can update the third leaks which I believe the final leak from XDA. I updated mine with Odin and every run super smooth, google voice is fast! and whole thing is butter smooth.
There are changes but i'm not gonna list here so have fun
17. Non_Sequitur posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:38 1 0
They better not do the same thing that they did with my S2. I love my ICS update, but it took a long time. It wasn't the fact that it took a long time that bugged me, it's that they kept promising a release date and kept postponing it. For months. Ugh.
2. ayephoner posted on 21 Aug 2012, 22:16 7 1
what about the vzw gnex?
i bought this phone to get timely updates. pfft. i hate verizon.
10. TheRetroReplay posted on 22 Aug 2012, 00:58 4 0
I feel you on that. I got my VZW GNex hoping the same thing, while the GSM versions have Jelly Bean all us Americans are waiting on our carriers to approve the update.
3. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Aug 2012, 22:35 11 0
Hahahaha the Galaxy S3 will get JellyBean before Verizons Galaxy Nexus. Oh come on Verizon
4. barondebxl posted on 21 Aug 2012, 22:52 1 0
It's also gonna get it before the HTC one x. So much for " HTC is better than Samsung with updates".
12. anywherehome posted on 22 Aug 2012, 03:16 0 0
better to install different stock ROM....you shouldn't loose your warranty
5. iWorld posted on 21 Aug 2012, 22:52 4 1
what about Galaxy s2? why can't they update all galaxy series models?
18. E.N. posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:54 1 0
It's funny how fast they can update when they really want to
7. Mark.J.Linskiy posted on 21 Aug 2012, 23:47 7 0
I think they will update the Galaxy S II to Jelly Bean, just not as quickly. It still shouldn't be long after though.
16. metoyou posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:18 3 0
S2 and note should around around September and October
9. androidornothing posted on 22 Aug 2012, 00:57 3 0
This means nothing to US owners like me cuz well prob have to wait another 2 months atleast until we see any signs of this update.
14. Berzerk000 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 03:53 2 0
What? The GS3 is getting the update before the US Nexus? Verizon and Sprint, what's wrong? Google should really step in at this point. Jelly Bean has been out for more than a month, and it still isn't available for the Nexus in the US. It's ready, just for some reason they don't want to roll it out yet.