Is this proof of a Verizon branded Apple iPhone 4 coming soon?
Coming so near the CES in Las Vegas, perhaps we will see an announcement as early as this coming week that finally gives many cell phone fans and users what they have been wishing for since the original iPhone launched in 2007. And while the leak of the cases is in no way a definitive announcement that Apple's touchscreen device is coming to Verizon, leaks of accessories are often the first thing seen before the launch of a specific cell phone.
1. shellnick2003 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 08:07 2 0
We all know it's bound to happen *eventually*. But now there are so many other cool phones, so I'm not really worried about a Verizon iPhone anymore.
30. vzwguru (unregistered) posted on 02 Jan 2011, 19:31 0 0
I agree there are a lot of cool phones now on the market to compete with the infamous Iphone. However the sheep are still out there and they don't want to hear about any other phone besides the iphone.
9. JeffdaBeat posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:46 2 0
I think the site is just really smart and trying to sell cases to people who "know" there is one this year. Even if there isn't one, the site makes money!. Genius.
15. Muhammad Ali (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 14:05 0 0
If a Verizon employee pointed the Phone Arena folks to this site, it would surely be more than a cheap effort to sell cases. Don't you think?
25. OkWeWillSee (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 23:25 0 0
I know someone that works for verizon they don't even know when there are going to get the iphone even all he says is speculation will grow. but i can tell yout that this week starting lots of new phone will come out for all carriers...
3. clevername posted on 01 Jan 2011, 08:26 1 1
What does a verizon branded case mean? Are they supposed to have verizon stamped onto them? If so, said source should give a photo of a case where we can see the branding. Otherwise, it's a good Photoshop.
@shellnik why would you be worried about a cell phone at all?
22. shellnick2003 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 19:28 1 0
I'm not literally worried about any phone. It was just an expression. Don't worry, I'm not loosing any sleep. ;)
4. theGodpapa posted on 01 Jan 2011, 08:32 2 1
iphonearena.com strikes again
lame thumbs down...sad reporting(s)
5. Turbontk (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 08:53 2 0
You really need more proof? A dummy model of the phone was sent to suppliers probably a month ago so they can do mock ups. It is coming get over it.
6. calamazoo (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 09:52 0 0
http://www.case-mate.com/Verizon-iPhone-4-Cases/ yep, accessory companies have been having the dummies for a few weeks...
7. TKFox007 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:31 0 0
How do we know that this company selling the cases is just saying there's gonna be a Verizon iPhone to sell them to stupid people hoping for the Verizon branded iPhone?
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:55 0 0
First of all these people like to hype up every single product just like APPLE. Just wait till it's announce at APPLE press conference. just because their are cases for them doesn't mean it's for Verizon. Jeeze just hate APPLE
11. Anthony (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 11:36 0 0
Remember there were cases for the Iphone nano a few years back? Yah this does not mean anything.
12. Doakie posted on 01 Jan 2011, 13:00 0 0
Apple? and Verizon? Bleh... If I wanted someone to RAPE my wallet I'd throw it to a group of bums downtown. At least then I'd sleep good at night that who got my money deserved it. Bring me news of something I'd care about like a snapdragon powered 3g Android phone with good specs on Sprint. Something like the Desire CDMA. My wife needs something better than a Transform that doesn't require the Premium Data add on.
13. tbuchs2001 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 13:11 0 0
i saw htc merge accessories a long time ago and there is still no phone, prob wouldnt buy it now if it did come out, so accessories mean very little.
14. Muhammad Ali (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 13:59 0 0
Hello! A Verizon insider tipped at the e-tail site. Isn't it obvious?
16. skymitch89 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 14:29 0 0
Ever think that they might have modified the site so that it shows certain cases are for Verizon? I went to the site and did find the Verizon iPhone but none of the cases looked like they had a Verizon stamp on them or logo on them. Also if the Verizon iPhone 4 is going to be basically the same physically as AT&T iPhone 4, then why would they need to make different cases? Only way I can see them doing that is if they were to change the screen size which would then change the size of the phone.
23. shellnick2003 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 19:29 0 0
I was thinking the same thing...why would it need a different case?
17. Doakie posted on 01 Jan 2011, 16:29 0 0
Actually thinking about it. I would prefer a HTC Desire CDMA on Virgin Mobile with the $25 Beyond Talk plan. That would be awesome.
18. protozeloz posted on 01 Jan 2011, 16:46 0 0
I may be a little ignorant on this but what's gonna be the difference between the iPhone 4 from att and the iPhone 4 for Verizon? Different USB port? Bigger size? Additional camera? If they are the same why sell a case for the new one?
19. hawk62 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 17:18 1 0
The difference is most hate att. Verizon usually has a better network. However their customer service is now the bottom of the barrel.
20. networkdood posted on 01 Jan 2011, 19:10 0 0
AT&Ts version will be faster than Verizon's 3G version and will not multitask....If 2012 is the correct year for the new iphone for Verizon as most of us think then it will probably be a 4G one....
29. LionStone posted on 02 Jan 2011, 17:34 0 0
yea, faster and multi-tasking doesn't mean squat if the coverage isn't there...more coverage means better reliability...Verizon all the way...
26. protozeloz posted on 02 Jan 2011, 07:17 1 0
what i mean is why a case for the verizon one if you have the same hardware? any Att case will work
34. sleepyjohnny posted on 03 Jan 2011, 03:24 0 0
it could be a difference in the thickness of the devices. if this is thicker it wont fit in properly and if its thinner, itd slip out. and this could be up to the smallest mm of a difference
21. networkdood posted on 01 Jan 2011, 19:12 0 0
went on the sight and only saw AT&T IPHONE 4 cases....nice, huh?
35. calamazoo (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 05:10 0 0
They pulled it down, but it's still in google cache
24. salesgirl0979 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 23:04 0 0
the only time i will believe that Verizon Wireless will be getting the iPhone is when Steve Jobs stands up and states they have decided to design a CDMA iPhone that will work on the Verizon network.
27. Vee (unregistered) posted on 02 Jan 2011, 13:48 1 0
It's not 2006, the iphone is not the best phone anymore, who cares
28. Junior posted on 02 Jan 2011, 14:34 0 0
Someone should order one of these cases and see if the dimensions are any different than the iPhone 4.
31. Zorin posted on 02 Jan 2011, 23:23 0 0
I always questioned whether or not it would happen. But now...after the cases are made...I am a BELIEVER! ***BEING EXTREMELY SARCASTIC***
32. JonEatsDirt posted on 03 Jan 2011, 02:38 0 1
It's not the phones, it's the OS. Android is horrible, I can't wait for the VZ iPhone so I can switch.
36. obvious (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 14:50 0 0
It was photoshopped.
Type in "case-mate iphone 4"
10th one down, notice similarities.
37. moofoodooloo posted on 04 Jan 2011, 11:19 0 1
Verizon is getting the iPhone, it's a fact, and I believe the technology media knows it too, but it's better for them to milk the speculation out of it. Gotta make that ad rev.
But.. who cares? Like previous posts have said, the iPhone has lost its luster. Way too many other phones out that are just as awesome, if not, more awesome then the iPhone.