How much did Apple and Samsung pay to battle in court?
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If you think about a case while you're in the shower, it's billable!
22. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
All those krApple lawsuits are wasted money and innovations. Apple must pay Samsung legal fees first before they recieve $1 billion award by Crazy Koh.
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
According to rational people you're deliberately trying to start a fight. You know this is true, I know this is true, and more importantly, SHE knows it's true.
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
J&J's fraud on risperdal which earlier had a ruling in Arkansas for more than 1 billion dollar settlement is reduced to some 280 million in appeal ... a fraud with "public health" is a far bigger crime on any continent than allegedly copying rectangle with rounded corners on a phone and if that can get down to almost 1/3th let's see how much cash Apple gets to gain finally out of this battle in US. Elsewhere Apple is mostly on losing side as in Japan Apple ahs lost and has been instructed to pay the legal fees also.
9. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
America, America, America. The land of dreams....... Guess not this time. What is wrong with American judges?
Them judges need to learn a thing or two from Asian and European judges.
iFan, but i think this is getting ridiculous. I need to change my avatar. I'm so embarrassed to be an iFan at this moment. Good thing I don't live in America.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I dont consider you an iFan.
You seem to rational, open minded.
iFans and Fandroids are different than most of us fans of Android and fans of Apple and dont represent all Android, Apple users.
I am a fan of Android and Motorola....but not a fanboy. I actually dont like Samsung phones. But were and am rooting for Samsung because I dont like the way Apple does business. And it goes beyond the patent wars.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have an Android phone, but I am always willing to try out a different OS - not iOS, since, well, you know....lol
14. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
sadly, most people in america have a price tag, and can be bought, even worse, our judges and government figures are no exception.
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 2176; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
With the US economy the way it is at the moment, Apple is "America's Sweetheart" in the eyes of Big Business and the government. They're going to use it to continue selling a little bit of hope to the masses that they to can achieve the American Dream, while simultaneously living vicariously through Apple's successes. It keeps people showing up at their jobs and working hard if they have the notion that they too can command a $600+ billion dollar company they started in their garage with a buddy. They'll (along with the people that jump on the bandwagon and sound the trumpets) just keep pumping it up until it becomes unsustainable... much like we've seen with dot com, housing, and financial bubbles.
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Enron ... $101 billion (in 2000) ... how much would that be by today's estimate ... and Enron collapsed big time :)
29. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There's judge Posner and some other (though few) rational judges dealing with the likes of privacy and rights.
15. Savage (unregistered)
Damn. That's a lot of money. There are gonna be some very prosperous lawyers out there if these two don't stop these childish games.
16. KickRocks (Posts: 164; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Just plain freakin crazy!! Wow. If apple only spent that money on R&D maybe they could put out a half decent phone. Sheep say Baaaaaaaaaaaaa
23. bucky (Posts: 2459; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
its funny, the only ones bitching here are android emo's
18. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
did anybody know how much lawyer get paid
19. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
another gossip article.......wanting to know how much apple has obtained from innocent people.......yes we know that apple is the RICHEST company in the world.......and we also know that apple is the GREEDIEST company in the world!
21. tedkord (Posts: 10231; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The cost to Samsung and Apple combined posts in comparison to the cost the consumer will pay in last innovation and increased prices.
24. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Like I said already, the real winners in these court cases are the lawyers.
25. paulyyd (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol I like how this article says "How much did apple and samsung pay to battle in court?" but the picture is just of apple.
26. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
And how much did they pay for the jury? I know they're not a part of the legal team but hey, they're the reason why Apple won.
27. tsspro (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jan 2010)
30. emdot82 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I lost respect for apple thats why the last iPhone I bought was iPhone 3gs android just making better phones