HTC markets the One with a new Bachelorette parody ad
HTC has produced a downright cheerless The Bachelor parody. Good job for getting Internet meme star James Van Der Beek, but with a terrible script things just aren’t funny.
So what is this new ad all about? Well, the HTC One appears to be fighting (and spoiler - winning) a bachelorette’s attention. It is “the One one.” The true love. Would she prefer it over a real person and a bunch of other phones (an iPhone spoof is also in the mix). Take a look at the unfunny parody below.
source: Funny or Die
The One with James Van Der Beek - watch more funny videos
1. evarod48 (Posts: 112; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
should have chosen the rotary phone, he looked like a winner
3. Whateverman (Posts: 3056; Member since: 17 May 2009)
What!!! Over that sweet Motorola Startac!?!? Clearly she knows nothing about phones, lol.
5. Gtrav (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
It made me chuckle ...but kinda cheesy. Phones been pre-ordered so they don't have to fight for my business.
6. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its nice! but im looking forward for HTC to get Jet Li to promote the HTC ONE coz Jet Li is the Original THE ONE lol!
7. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
You pathetic phone companies always choose top girls to advertise. :@
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5421; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it wasn't that bad. it was only in the parts they were actually talking about the One that it went downhill but hey, the girl was cute!
13. Taters (Posts: 1743; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
And you said that you were not an HTC fanboy. This proves it, only a fanboy can think that this commercial wasn't horrible.haha
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5421; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
just because i didn't think it was horrible that doesn't make me a fanboy. it was cheesy as hell and the parts where the One was actually being used were pretty cringingly bad but it was still pretty silly and the girl man! the girl! :P
11. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
aaahhh... a 4 min nap is all i wanted..and i got ONE