Google confirms there will be no official Android booth at MWC this year
Members of the team however will still be at MWC to support Android’s partners.
Here’s a reply coming straight from Google France on the question of Android’s presence at MWC:
“I can confirm that indeed [...] we will not have a booth at MWC this year. However, the Android team will be present in Barcelona to support its partners”.
We don’t know why Google chose to skip the show, but we do hope to see a strong showing from Android’s partners nonetheless.
source: Test-mobile via PocketNow
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...doesn't mean there won't be any new Android devices, no?
...irrespective of the make.
2. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
green robot are in charging mode...
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Check that red robot...something is fishy. :P
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
5. Fuego84 (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 May 2012)
They're probably working on secret stuff. I mean if they want to keep what they are working on a secret, what will they show? last years models? Lol
7. itsjustJOH (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
They don't need to, the show would be full with Android devices from different OEMs anyway. They'd have their own spotlight on May 15.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Thoughts of the Chrome Android statue at Google HQ come to mind, they pulling a fast one with a play on words?
10. boosook (Posts: 1041; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
IMHO they simply don't want to steal attention from their partners... they know they're in a delicate position.
11. Captain_Doug (Posts: 762; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's because they're going to have their own show just a few weeks later. =D
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
It doesn't really surprise me that Google won't be there, mainly because they, like Apple, have their own "trade show". We don't see Apple there, my guess is mainly because they have WWDC, so why should Google be there because they have I/O. I'm fairly sure that Motorola will be there though, so technically Google will be there.
18. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
they're gonna andriod phones there they dont need google to be there like sam,htc,lg and etc etc etc are gonna andriod OS there anyway so its still a win
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I kinda like their FUN SLIDE. just like the ones they have in their buildings