Google and Audi working on Android car systems
1. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I can see tech has evolved so much, but its not enough I want to see more.
2. apurb.lal (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Oct 2013)
On one side of tech arena are the company like google who try to unify and contribute more and more to various aspects of tech world and on the other side are the companies like Apple and Samsung who only know how to commercialize everything..Following Google, Apple will announce an iCAR, get a patent for it, meanwhile sammy will come with something similar and they will keep battling in court....
4. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
in car infotainment system in audi is ok. but mercs do way better in this aspect. btw i like having a android car system that i can install mx player on and watch all my music videos without converting :)
5. ntalbert (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I think it would better to have a system to integrate the users phone, regardless of which os its using onto an interactive screen. On connection, via Bluetooth, nfc or cable, it launches an app to give special features to be used in the vehicle, all custom to whatever the platform can handle or would like to show off.
6. ntalbert (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
That way, if the car you want or have has that system but your phone is the opposite platform, you don't have to make any changes
7. xfire99 (Posts: 677; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
9. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Best choice, Audi. Android is the best mobile OS. And Google Maps has the most updated & complete database.
10. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1868; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
how about a android car with self driven with navigation.lol
11. ChafedBanana (Posts: 365; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
There already is aftermarket in dash car audio systems that run Android 4.0.