Google Nexus 7 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0), Amazon Kindle Fire specs comparison
19. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
i think 16GB is enough for most users out there and as for me i can really live with 8GB no problem with that
28. emptytrash (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
It's quadcore tegra 3! Most tegra games and HD games are 1gb or more. Videos are 1gb or more too. 8gb version isnt enough... 16gb should have been the minimum.
SDCard slot would have made it PERFECT!
2. Carlitos (Posts: 378; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I'm defenetl sold. At this price. This tablet is being given away. But I'm gone mg to wait and see how smooth JB is. REALLY EXITED :D
6. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
so... are you going to use it as a giant camera?
Rear facing cameras on tablets are the most complained about and least used feature.
12. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm not too happy about it. I, for one, like being able to snap a quick picture at any given time, no matter what device I'm using. It's not too big of a deal-breaker, but it kinda sucks.
21. cdgoin (Posts: 374; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
It still has a front camera.. They decided keep the camera for SKYPE. I Think that was a very prudent move, given its $199 and the Kindle Fire doesn't have one.
25. LiudvikasLTU (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
But there is one thing that we will need a rear camera. The upcode codes. If you would have a rear camera, you would't have to pump that apk (lets say from xda-developers), search for usb cable, connect it to pc and pump it to the tablet.
The 3.2 camera with no autofocus costs only a few bucks.... it is perfect for upcode codes.
But overall, I love this tablet. The 16Gb model is coming to my monster hands soon :D
5. BuddyGlass (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Pre-ordered mine, 8gb, $232.69 after tax & shipping. "You will not be charged until your order has shipped. Will ship in 2-3 weeks"
20. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
that is a long time.. but still is faster as you can experience Android Jellybean before any other device has that cuz every other manufacturer will take atleast a month for that
7. skaar18 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It sucks that it is not availible in my country :(. I would love to get my own nexus tablet :)
11. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm sure that online retailers will help you import one.
8. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Just bought a asus ft700 XD loving it but gonna get this one when it hits stores!!
13. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
:O Really? Did you pre-order or actually get it?
29. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
pre order i must have been the lucky one to get it early i guess, compare it to my fathers tf300 the ft700 screen is amazing. i flew to texas and back watch 2 full 1080p movies on it(1 movie one way and the other the other way) i had 100% charge when i left texas and flew into atlanta it only dropped 27% with the movie and 10% more with angry birds. One the way back the guy next to me had a ipad 1 and was very interested in my tf700 :)
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 356; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
My phone does all the things a tab can do. Boring! I'm waiting on the surface tab with windows 8 with USB ports and more. If I wanted a bigger phone slash/tab I would get a samsung note. Lol but if anybody from Microsoft is reading this the price will hurt the surface because 80 of android users just play with tabs and buy them just to show off to friends. With windows its a chance of replacing your ultra book and laptop with decent battery time and have less to haul around.
14. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
7 inch tabs are sometimes a little pointless, I agree. 10.1 is where it's at. I still love the Nexus 7, but I like the T-Pad Infinity better, and it'll probably get updated to JB very soon. It also comes with the keyboard dock with a USB port. Baws.
10. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
WHAT ABOUT HDMI OUT AND USB TO ACCESS EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. such a key factor imho
26. LiudvikasLTU (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
THERE IS LOTS OF HDMI ADAPTERS FOR MICRO USB PORT!
And yeah, I would really like to access external hard drive ._. It's ashame that android doesn't support it. I would love if they would add that in the next version of android (android 5.0 Hot chocolate :D)
27. whiteninjazx6r (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
the next android will start with the letter "K" and wont be Hot Chocolate...it goes in alphabetical order...
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6891; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Think I'll buy the 8GB. I already have a GOOGLE PHONE (Atrix) 2nd I have a GOOGLE Android mp3 player (SONY WALKMAN Z) with apps. and I'll buy the NEXUS TABLET it has a higher ppi than the GALAXY TAB or Kindle Fire
16. lonestrider (Posts: 86; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Don't 'JB' reminds you about that young singer? I hate that.
Anyway, Nexus win.
23. amish1512 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
only os and screen resolution doesn't make big difference The New iPad way better than this oh whats wrong with me wrong with me i shouldn't even compare it with this 7 inch tiny little s**t.
24. PhilTech (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jun 2012)
No MicroSD slot?? WTF! The Tab2 is better with rear camera,3G and expandable memory. Quadcore on a 7 inch is overkill. What are the chances that the average consumer will be doing stuff that will maximize all 4 cores? What can a quadcore do that a dual core cannot?