Footage from today’s new iPad launch in South Korea
As you can see in the video below, an extremely long line that wrapped around the block developed out in front of a local authorized reseller. Once it was time to open, employees ran the line cheering and clapping to build the excited much like what is seen at Apple Stores worldwide on release day.
Overall, the launch looks like it went off without incident. People were able to come in, buy their new iPad, pose for some pictures, and get home to play with their new gadget.
The new iPad rollout will continue on Friday, April 27th with nine more countries. At that point the new iPad will be available in 56 countries worldwide.
5. yatmiko (Posts: 36; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Check the scene at 1:56
It is not new ipad, new ipad has a black cover on the edge at the back
22. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Thats actually not true. Only the LTE new ipad has that.
7. djg71087 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2010)
wait days.... finally get in the door and no discount, just an applaud... F%$k that!!!
8. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Watched the video to see hot Korean chicks.
10. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Eh, looks like every other launch of apples latest novelty. So yes, stupid.
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4598; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What is the difference if you will get your iPad today or tomorrow?
Stand in the line for couple of hours to spend your money for overpriced device?
I think it is just a part of fashion in other words nothing just a "spiritual poverty".
By some people Apple fans are called "iSheeps", I don't want to insult, but in mine opinion (at last for me) they really looks like group of sheep standing in front of store and waiting when gate will be opened...
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
some people lined up in galaxy nexus launch last year and yes they also wait for the verizon store to open
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
how people can be so stupid to wait in line for a gadget...
15. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Damn some phonearena staff must have loved Apple so much and was on an infraction spree on here..
17. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
The world is doomed by evil inequities.