First Nokia Windows Tablet coming May 14th?
But now from India comes a source who says that Nokia will also be introducing its first Windows tablet. It is not known if the slate will be powered by Windows RT or Windows 8, but the tablet will have a 10.1 inch screen with a 1366 x 768 resolution and a 1GHz processor. On board is 1GB of RAM. The size of the slate is 256.6×175.3×9.7mm and the device weighs in at at 676g.
Would Nokia have a chance in a market that so far has been controlled by Apple and Amazon? We should know Nokia's intentions by the time next month's press conference wraps up. You might recall that back in February, it was thought that Nokia accidentally leaked a picture of a new tablet during a presentation. Nokia denied that the image was of a Nokia tablet, saying that it was merely an illustration of the Windows 8 UI put up for comparative purposes.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. superstar (Posts: 30; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Yesss can't wait!
Probably will be best looking tablet ever made the lumia 800 of tablets i really do like the designs of all the new nokia phones!
i will defiantly buy!
6. superstar (Posts: 30; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Also i doubt that if it is released it will have anything less than a tegra 3 as the specs quoted are from 2010
2. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nice Nokia Nice..........i'm waiting nokia.........specs look not really good for tablet, but we don't know this is rumor specs, wait and let see what nokia bring out on their table....!!!
3. Edmund (Posts: 599; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I doubt it.
Nokia will use May 14 to launch the international version of the Lumia 928, which in my opinion is a 13mp camera phone with xenon flash.
4. Skiman (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Yes, I doubt it also, I heard they were announcing there next Lumia device
A tablet with 1GB's of RAM? Doubt it
5. KParks23 (Posts: 385; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
1ghz and 1gb of ram wtf! Naaa i want a nokia tablet but they gonna have to do better than this
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
676g? Well, that's Nokia for you...
12. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this is for real men dude, we don't like lighter.......!!!
feel solid, and durable not cheap and light
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yeah, feel solid like holding a brick...
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And have the wrist need a doctor after few years ... maybe replaceable titanium coated polycarbonate wrist joints that's what nokia could be planning next after that :D :D
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wendy, do you know what is a TRUE NOKIA MASTERPIECE?
Brick? Oh, I know, you're a not a man right? Ok, we know!
Go stick with your SamDUNG Galaxy Tab and get outta here!
18. askbingask (Posts: 22; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Bro Not SamDUNG Galaxy Tab its SamDung GAY(laxy) Tab
26. windroid (unregistered)
"Yeah, feel solid like holding a brick..."
Better heavy than shatter the second time it falls in the floor like the crappy samdung.
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
1GHz and 1Gb of RAM? That sounds like India's own Aakash tablet, cant be the spec of a Nokia tablet. Even RT needs 2GB of RAM.
9. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Thats too heavy for the specs. Still if this is cheaper than any 10 in tab. Is gonna be good for nokia!!
10. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow the specs are lacking. Hopefully a low price to make up for it, but even then not for me. I might be interested in an 8"
11. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 649; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
there are 2 cases here : either the specs here are just rumours
or remember when Elop said they're watching the surface and seeing how it progress and they came to the conclusion that an extremely affordable tablet
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Elop doesn't watch anything ... he only watches the instructions that comes to him from HQ ... because his job is safe as long as M$ Coupons are active. Another thing that he closely watches is WHAT TO SELL or which BRANCH of Nokia to close.
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes! This is it! This is it! The Nokia tablet is here!
I'm freakin' excited! GO NOKIA! :)
20. tadaa (Posts: 131; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Those specs are crazy. If they want the tablet to sell they need to put at least windows8 on it
22. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It seems very plausible that a Lumia Tablet announcement is imminent. based on the patents filed.http://www.trustedreviews.com/
24. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 168; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Knowing Nokia, I think it will come with a slider Qwerty keyboard too. Hence the rumoured weight. And if these are the specs, I hope Nokia price it cheap. Most of the Android tabs (except Nexus 7) in the lower end of the market are total cr*p.
25. p211093 (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
its not cunform. that its has 1ghz or 1gb ram...lets wait wai for it.its will be surpricesing.i am glad to used nokia drive and all nokia app on the tab
27. martinlosha (unregistered)
Yes but why RT?
28. SIGPRO (Posts: 317; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
I like and suport Nokia but, 1GB Ram? Put at least 2 GB.
1ghz processor? Put at least a quadcore @ 1,5ghz.
Also put a full HD screen in it, this will put them on top of the market!
30. 7thspaceman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
well folks the last time I looked up Intel atom CPU chips there is one that runs at 1,2 GHZ. this may be the one that the Nokia tablet will use and it is Windows 8 capable. Atom windows 8 tablets are good low power tablets that can run MS office very well and play all the games in the Windows 8 store well their weakness is they slow up on Multitasking and will not play the very graphics intensive HD Video PC games. to play those games a PC needs an intel i7 CPU and those heavy duty fast high Ram graphics cards. This Tab can be a well make good General Windows 8 tablets but folks I donot see many intel i7 CPU tablets wuith a good GPU out there. they are the only ones that can handle those HD video games..