Did you know: Xiaomi's new MIUI 6 skin is the most shameless iOS rip-off you'll ever see
Xiaomi's MIUI 6
16. Finalflash (Posts: 1913; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They actually made it look better than it is, well done to them.
59. aayupanday (Posts: 528; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Yeah and you'll get iOS experience at just a fraction of a price of those iDevices.
60. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Apple WILL NOT SUE them . Even Apple WOULD GLADLY LET THEM TO USE THE ORIGINAL iOS(lol). Only if Xiaomi can take some market share from Samsung. Even will help them with the menial media propaganda.
75. amats69 (Posts: 1132; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
xiaomi already did! your beloved samsung is not the number one phone manufacturer in china anymore...
77. Johnnokia (Posts: 572; Member since: 27 May 2012)
To be honest, iOS7 icons are identical to the ones in Nokia Symbian Belle and series4.
Just check that
108. Ashoaib (Posts: 2436; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
why it is showing limited in front of your name?
111. illusionmist (Posts: 126; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
So this is what "iOS experience" means in your mind? No wonder you guys hate iOS so much.
80. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
MIUI has always been a more aesthetically pleasing UI/OS than iOS. It looked better than iOS and functioned powerfully as Android. This new facelift is even better.
114. rihel_95 (Posts: 240; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
i really love miui coz of their attention to little little details (in-built)that come so handy, so much customizable and allow things that we can only do after rooting.
17. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lmao. you made my day. I would prefer anything over cheap copycat chinese brands. and this is really shameful.
32. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Xiaomi gives the best hardware with great build quality at an unmatched price tag. You are worried because it cost half of those pocket eating S5 and 5S's.
36. pulkit1 (Posts: 350; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
i would but it but if apple drags them to court i would not blame apple this time .
43. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
When apple dragged samsung to the court, samsung became the top selling company in the world. If they do the same with xiaomi, it will create alot of publicity for xiaomi too.
70. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 926; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I do. I don't care about your fanboy opinion tho. But someone who sells handsets that are comparable to the one on your username at 450$ that include a 5 inch 1080p screen, Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM, 16GB storage, 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 lens, 8MP front camera also with f/1.8 lens, stainless steel frame and a 3080mAh battery. I see lots of reasons to care about.
96. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
a copycat wannabe non-tested phone made for the masses who can't buy a good phone. I can imagine myself in college with a xiaoaowawimi thing that looks like iOS from the inside and sony from the outside. wow.
49. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
great build quality.. humm .. just slap some plastic some metal don't test the device and throw it for people who crave for iOS and can't buy it.
51. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
You better need use a xiaomi mi4 once... Then post anything about the quality. If you wanna buy it, lots of online sites are selling the phone.
104. imMature (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
They do a very thorough testing for each and one of their phones. The only reason you don't hear much about them is because they don't use much of their budget for marketing to keep the phones prices low.
105. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
oh yes they do, me too I have so much faith in copycat companies, their smartphones are just like their cars. enough said.
106. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Which country are you from bro? I was like you, but Xiaomi is truly doing a great job. Their phones are really of high quality, Nice specs and affordable prices. Imagine nexus 5 like specs for Moto G price. They are really pushing the limit of bang for buck. I was ignorant like you, until I did some research last month.
Please check out the Mi3 and Mi4 and don't hate. Respect other android OEMs and the android community like a true Android fan. :)
Just my two cents.
112. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
I respect Android OEMs, problem is, I truly dislike the copycat approach of cheap brands. why copy iOS7? like if iOS7 was a big deal to copy it ... why copy a Note 3? or Xperias? they have no originality. they look okay and are spec'ed to the teeth but how am I supposed to have a phone with a strange name that has something very similar to iOS inside?
113. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its not a cheap brand. The MIUI is wildly popular, it has themes that customise every bit of an element. If you like touchwiz, apply the touchwiz theme and it can replica touchwiz. They have sold millions of phones at very affordable prices, and they have very happy customers. Why bash them if you don't care? Just give up the hate bro, they are selling a snapdragon 800, 5" 1080p, 3000mah battery, decent 13mp camera, plastic but solid build quality phone for $200. That's insane bang for buck, you gotta give them the credit. Let em copy, what matters to consumer is the experience and affordability. Please don't hate.
119. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
I dislike and disrespect because of these brands having no originality. if they did not copy other brands I may like these but when they copy it annoys me, samsung may not be the best looking brand but at least when you look at it you know it's a samsung and it looks different. when you look at a chinese phone you don't know what the heck is that .. is it a midrange samsung? is it an iphone? oh no it's too big .. is it an xperia? oh wait look at the white faux leather on the back and the camera it must be a note. I don't know if you get my point .. the money for what you get is amazing, there's just no originality just copy paste and sell to the masses.
97. LoveHater (Posts: 164; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
but I am afraid of recent news of spying ,, earlier huwair
81. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
That's what people who got skanked/scammed into paying a lot more for less, always say.
35. Iodine (Posts: 516; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Yeah, there is a lot of demand for iOS 7 themes on android.
109. Ashoaib (Posts: 2436; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
hmm... thats bad... xiomi should create the unique identity instead of following each n every foot step of apple
115. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6741; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why ipa says it's the most rip off iphone. PA sounds kinda piss of at MIUI. I prefer MIUI over iphone anyday
2. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Didn't expect this from Xiaomi. They're doing so well with their phones in China and India as well. They should stop ripping off iOS. Be original Xiaomi!
4. Luuthian (Posts: 219; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
THey clearly belive that folowing what Apple does is going to bank them money. Especially because they'll bring somehting that "feels" like Apple to the low-end phone marklet.
It's actually a good tactic is Apple can't legally touch them, shameless or not.
6. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I think it's actually bringing something that feels like Apple to a high end market...
But I don't approve. Especially right before a great refreshing of Android L. They could have made the skin an option, and offer an original one (and even a stock one) alongside it. That's what Andoid is all about, options, right?
11. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Xiaomi is just telling the world what and how the ios should be....
22. TouchWiZSucks (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 May 2014)
or maybe it's showing other tech companies how to steal without getting caught.
44. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1279; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
If Apple "can't legally touch them," as you stated, then why hasn't Xiaomi launched in Europe or the United States? China and India are their power centers, and neither has a particularly good record of standing up for IP rights. The day that Xiaomi starts selling on U.S. or E.U. soil, they will get sued into the Stone Age.
53. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Xiaomi doesn't need to enter US and EU much. They can rule the world beat apple with other markets only.
71. rd_nest (Posts: 825; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Yes, Apple can legally touch them (outside China).
79. joey_sfb (Posts: 3275; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple fan are so brain wash that they are willing to give more money for less value.
I find this quite amazing.
18. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lol. it reminds me the xiaowawami whatever MiPad. total iPad Mini Retina rip off. chinese companies my dear Ajagtiani steal everything they see, from iOS to the note 3 fake leather to iPads to entry level galaxys to iPhones. they have no originality they just care about what to copy
93. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
the so called iPad mini ripoff, The MiPad is 10X better than icr@p Pad
98. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
but it's a total shameful cheap copy of an iPad Mini With Retina. I wonder who would buy such cr@p :/? oh wait there's you. and a dozen of buutthurts on this website
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8924; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It actually looks great. Props to Xiaomi.
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Is Apple, copying Android, Miu.
7. Awalker (Posts: 563; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I wonder why Apple hasn't said anything. It's a shameless ripoff of iOS.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
More like shamlesd RIP off from Android, MIU ROM.
38. pulkit1 (Posts: 350; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
miui is a copy of iOS from the start . What are you saying ? are you trying to justify it or are you saying miii is older than iOS ?
52. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Miu is from 2012, ios is from 2013
54. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Miu ROM existed before ios7
67. iGeek (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Moron it's called MIUI and it didn't look so until v6
10. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 114; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Yes, it is, although it looks beautiful.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
What's wrong with it. Its a popular, functional and beautiful ROM.
15. 14545 (Posts: 1154; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
What exactly could apple do to Xiaomi? I mean China isn't exactly friendly to non domestic companies.
That being said.....Yuck. If I wanted iOS, I would buy an iOS device. Not a wannabe. (I say this as an android user.)
I never understood the appeal of MIUI.