Could Apple be readying a wearable device? iPod nano design departure might be a hint
Now, again, this is merely a speculation, but if you ask those nearly 70,000 backers that funded a yet non-existent Pebble smartwatch on Kickstarter, a smart watch is a device that’s not only wanted, but needed.
A couple of similar smartwatches have seen great funding on the crowd sourcing platform Kickstarter. Additionally, other phone makers have also tried introducing a smart watch - Sony did it, and Motorola did it.
This doesn’t add any validity to the guess that Apple will do it, but it has certainly set the tone. What do you think about this suggestion, and most importantly, do you think there is a need for such a device? Let us know in the comments below.
The strange and rapid evolution of the iPod nano.
1. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Will certainly be better than a normal watch. In fact if it were to released it would beat that sony smartwatch.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yet another simple STEAL from Sony from Android world :)
iNNOVATION is synonymous with Stealing and copying in Apple world (only if they do it) ... :D
15. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
after that apple will patent it.. and sue others for copying..
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Wait a min ... expect a patent on watch shape now :(
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Only because there's other companies making them and Apple just can't be overshadowed in any manner.
Apple might be the smartest company on the planet, let others create the market, then move in and take over with sub-par products that people can't resist buying.
8. Fallout09 (Posts: 413; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I couldnt have said it any better myself. +1
7. smill317 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Really? What are they going to do now...sue Sony for their Android watches? Seriously...they are getting a bit out of control
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No yet another "Thermo Nuclear War" in the offing which will peak just before rlease of iPhone 6 for obvious reasons.
10. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm an Apple user at the moment, but am planning on getting an Xperia T at the end of the month. The SmartWatch looks ok, but I'm tempted with the I'm Watch. It looks pretty slick.
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 667; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So who all are going to be lining up for 'iwatch' from tomorrow.........???
14. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Apple keeps trying to chase trends instead of setting them...they're are doomed.
17. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They already have the patent. I can guarantee that. They can sue right now if they want. Theyre probably prepping for it.