Bing Maps says Israel, Japan and South Korea don't exist
Is losing three countries worse than misnaming towns and benchmarks like Apple did, or are both things just as bad? Apple's mapping app was so bad that Apple CEO Tim Cook not only apologized, but also recommended using rival's mapping apps. What caused the mapping data from all three countries not to be supported on Bing Maps? While we don't have the answer for that, we would bet that developers are hard at work right now to allow the maps of all three countries to work on the Windows Phone 8 version of Bing Maps.
We do have one question. If a tree falls in a country that is not supported on Bing Maps, does it make a sound?
1. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That last part was so terrible it made Jesus facepalm, and I don't believe in Jesus.
Google Maps all day for me. People can enjoy having heavily flawed maps with MS and apple. :)
62. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Looks like its time for a Scooby-Doo mystery!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Waiting Steve Ballmer to apologize lol :)
48. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ballmer is like Jobs. You'll have to wait for a long long time.
11. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Band of brothers Apple & Microsoft!
Google maps rocks!!!
38. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im the map in the map im the MAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!
16. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Well this really doesnt affect nokia users now does it, but someone here at pa forgot to mention that. You see nokias get nokia maps and nokia drive + which imho are the best nav maps arround...
Oh yeah, soo long israel, finally :D
17. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 883; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oh dear, thank goodness for Google Maps. :)
Going to enjoy reading the excuses from the apologists.
19. redmd (Posts: 1004; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I don't get this Israel hate on the comments.
Bing maps should be replaced by Nokia maps.
37. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Why is south korea and japan missing? A snub to samsung and sony competitors? Na. They'll be back
45. tedkord (Posts: 6500; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Those places don't actually exist. Like the rest of the world and everyone in it, they're just figments of my imagination.
47. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If you get your source of information from mainstream media, then you will always be misinformed. CNN is one the worst at misinforming the world because it has been shown that they actually air different stories in different countries and some of those countries pay CNN for specific news to be aired.
53. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
This just seems like a bug if the maps were there before. Apple maps had missing and bad map data to begin with. But I can't wait for Google maps to come to my iPhone.
61. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
USA! USA! USA! All we have to do now is get everyone to speak English.
79. Isaiah-54 (unregistered)
Not only have South Korea, Japan and Israel disappeared, but so have most of the comments in this thread.