Best Buy shows an on-line simulator of the HTC Thunderbolt
The simulator shows some information about the phone, such as 360 degree overview of where the power button, earpiece and camera are located (like you couldn't figure that out yourself?), as well as how to use the software, streaming video, and camera. Under the 'discover more' section it will guide you on how to download and install apps though the Android Market, connect to a Wi-Fi network, use Google Maps for driving directions, setup and pair with a Bluetooth device, add and remove desktop widgets, and how to setup the Wi-Fi Hotspot. All of this is pretty basic stuff, as nothing too advanced is shown, but at the end it does list all of the phone's specifications.
It's still not a release date, which is what everyone is waiting for at this point, but there are also listings on the Best Buy site for the Thunderbolt's screen protector and purple soft-shell case.
source: Best Buy
1. pbody (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 00:05 1 1
I've become numb from the anticipation of this phone.
3. perwilly (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 01:31 1 0
Hate to tell you guys this but that simulator has been there for a couple of days. I know I saw it on Friday (the 18th).
4. Skegee (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 07:18 1 1
I went in to Best Buy Yesturday morning to pre-order the phone and I was told to return on thursday the 24th for pickup.
5. zack (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 08:02 1 1
That makes sense because the 24th is a Thursday..
6. zack (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 08:03 2 0
and Verizon always releases phones on Thursday's..
7. larry123 (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 10:04 0 0
Best buy's video capture resolution is very different than Phonearena's video capture resolution specification. I just hope it does 720p and not the specified one stated on Best buys website.
8. akaBoogie (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 10:48 0 0
I went to a local BB yesterday and was told the 24th is the release date.
9. Mike727 (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 12:31 1 1
I just chatted with a best by rep online in their mobile center thing.. I asked when the thunderbolt will be released (24th) and how much the data plan is (extra 10 bucks). If you don't believe me go on best buys website and ask them yourself.
10. dieselxdan (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2011, 22:48 0 1
god damn $300!!!! more than iphone.. stupid.. no. not getting it until wirefly discount it
11. vzw4life (unregistered) posted on 22 Feb 2011, 16:56 0 0
I was Just told by my vzw rep that the release was pushed back to a TBA date. Originally it was the 28th but that set date is a NO go.
12. orielwindow posted on 22 Feb 2011, 18:05 0 0
I kind of don't care anymore. I was initially ready excited by this phone but have lost interest waiting for it.
14. Mike727 (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 09:02 0 0
Well, best buy was wrong telling me and other people it comes out the 24th. I asked again and they don't know now.