Android smartphone users average 870 MB of downloads over cellular
Downloads over Wi-Fi amount to more than double the cellular average at nearly 2.5GB monthly. And over Wi-Fi the 25 to 34 age group was the most active one downloading some 3.1 gigs a month.
That’s, of course, good news for carriers who wouldn’t want data hogs on their brand new 4G LTE networks and are launching various initiatives to encourage users to download stuff over Wi-Fi.
NPD’s data comes from 1,000 smartphones with installed SmartMeter software, and soon a similar data set will show how much data iPhone users spend.
How much data did you use last month? You can easily check on Android (after 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich) by going into Settings and then jumping into Data Usage.
source: Fierce Wireless
1. StephenEIop (banned) posted on 28 Sep 2012, 05:08 2 0
Oh well... I took an average of 6GB per month on my Lumia 900.
It cost me 10 USD for 12GB of data per month right now
16. No_Nonsense posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:56 3 0
3G data in India costs ~$5/GB on my carrier in India.
21. No_Nonsense posted on 01 Oct 2012, 00:47 0 0
BlackBerry's data plans are frigging cheap here in India. $10 to $15 for unlimited 3G and $8 for unlimited 2G.
2. imsickwithphone (banned) posted on 28 Sep 2012, 05:23 3 0
mine 24GB for ONE MONTH!!!
but only on wifi
3. denied911 (banned) posted on 28 Sep 2012, 05:34 1 0
2,4 GB cellular
5,1 GB wifi
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 28 Sep 2012, 05:42 0 0
I typically use around 10-15 GB monthly on cellular
5. PapaSmurf posted on 28 Sep 2012, 05:51 1 0
I'm only a week into my billing cycle and already passed the 7GB mark for mobile data. On Wi-Fi? 8.76GB.
18. fur0n posted on 28 Sep 2012, 19:26 1 0
ya im only 10 days into my billing cycle and i have already used 17 gigs on 3G
17. dsDoan posted on 28 Sep 2012, 13:11 1 1
Who are you to dictate how I use the data that I'm paying for?
7. JunkCreek posted on 28 Sep 2012, 06:32 0 0
no, i downloading comic. it had me 6gb for only 50k a month for 512mb fair use @50Kbps then when 512mb reached, speed drops for just only average 10Kbps, but, heck! i just continued downloading untill the ends of month periods.
8. JunkCreek posted on 28 Sep 2012, 06:35 0 0
sorry, KBps (Kilo Bytes per Second) not Kbps (Kilo Bits per Second)
9. ilia1986 posted on 28 Sep 2012, 06:44 0 0
I got unlimited calls\texts + 5GB for 33$ a month.
Its great to finally have an Android superphone and not be limited to the RIDICULOUS limit of 50MB per download from Apple.
10. PAPINYC posted on 28 Sep 2012, 07:09 1 0
I gobble up those same 870MB every day surfing the pages of Phonearena and that's just on one device.
We all know that my all time record was 35GB on my original DROID RAZR; now I have the DROID RAZR MAXX so I hope to top that!
11. Reluctant_Human posted on 28 Sep 2012, 07:44 1 0
I've used over 5 Gbs since september 21st. If you're not using your data then I will :D hahaha
12. speckledapple posted on 28 Sep 2012, 07:55 1 0
I used 1.6GB over cellular
I used 3 times as much over WI-fi
I sometimes use cellular for updating my various apps but mainly for business things like email and communication with other people.
14. speckledapple posted on 28 Sep 2012, 08:22 1 0
No, I have an HTC Thunderbolt. And I look forward to that Galaxy Note II; should help with the productivity.
15. PAPINYC posted on 28 Sep 2012, 09:22 2 0
Say it aint' so????!
I resold my Thunderbolt after two weeks, what a major disappointment (but, not as bad as an iPhone/iOS disappointment - but, close).
Can't wait for the GNote II myself; I still have oooopsy stains from yesterday's pre-announcement of the announcement October 24 aka Android Christmas (Chanukah if you're a Jewish friend).
19. TechPsycho (banned) posted on 29 Sep 2012, 05:23 1 0
Data that is used more for games hahaha that wa funny. Most of those will use it to watch X rated stuff.