AT&T and Apple iPhone get top spots on Twitter tech trends for 2012
And it was no huge surprise to see that Apple’s iPhone, iPad and the company itself were among the most talked about. What was a bit more surprising is that actually AT&T came up first as the top tech trend of the year.
With the company’s attempt to buy T-Mobile in what could have become the biggest deal the industry has seen, that is hardly a surprise, but we wonder whether those tweets mentioning the nation’s second larger carrier were positive or negative ones.
On Twitter, Skype also was hugely discussed and so was the Kindle tablet and its maker, Amazon. Check out the full list of Twitter’s 2012 top tech trends below, and don’t hesitate to hit the source below for the full Year of Tweets round-up.
source: Year of Tweets
Top trends of the year on Twitter Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Top trends of the year on Twitter
8. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Droiders do not care about trends - iphone is all about fashion and trends and not tech....
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lmao you cant generalise to that extent, ''droiders'' can follow trends too, there just people. there in no way better you higher then others who use whatever else they want
15. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
no? You and Darkkjedi do it all the time - look at comment 1 - and stop being a hypocrite.
17. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate so let me get this perfectly straight..your fine with the wannabe ''i'' comedian generalising and basically saying android users are somehow better then iphone users but not ok with anyone else saying he's wrong.
face it your ok when its people insulting iphone users but not if they insult android users, hypocrite thy name is ''networkdood''
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 9279; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It sure is bro. Wow the droiders r sensitive today lol
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 9279; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Networkdood c'mon bro... This site is littered with apple bashing droiders, I make one little joke on an article that has apple leading something and look at the backlash. I never see wp8 users, and only a few iOS users act the way droiders do. It was a joke dude chill out man. I'll never joke about your precious android platform, or users again...that was a joke too
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 9279; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All I said was droiders won't stand for this. And it's true, jus look at the backlash that one little true comment has gotten. The droiders r n an uproar and tweeting more too probably lol
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and i hate the word droiders it's only a name by verizon
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I meant the word DROID it's only a name use by verizon
16. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
True, I was just making fun of darkk...
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 9279; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude my sense of humor is awesome, if u poke fun at me I'm gonna laugh. I don't take stuff too seriously.
3. medicci37 (Posts: 552; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
As a long time tech enthusiast, I doubt the majority of At&t twitters were positive.
9. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, they love their iphone and I read that more people prefer the iphone on AT&T's network, but they hate the network - iphoners sure are awesome and intelligent people.
10. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yes, it's true...***like that song :-)
11. networkdood (Posts: 5513; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have a twitter account and the only thing stopping me from canceling is that when you play games like the Hobbit, the software company runs a deal where if you tweet about it, you get some game stuff. Or, take Flixster, they will give free movies from time to time when you tweet about them. Seriously, who wants to tweet every frigging step of their life?
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 9279; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude u r really taking this serious aren't u? Boy hearing about the iPhone leading a catagorey is like taking away your pacifier huh?