5 clever (and one creepy) uses for NFC technology
Clever uses for NFC
1. NFC business cards
2. NFC ring
source: NFC ring
3. Key2share NFC door lock
source: Fraunhofer SIT
4. Light-up NFC nails
source: Takara Tomy Arts
5. NFC in libraries
source: Fujitsu (translated)
6. xNT NFC implants
source: Dangerous Things
1. shayan (Posts: 148; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
what does the last do? Why should we inject our self with a NFC chip?
2. refillable (Posts: 640; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
So that you'll look cool, and modern... Just kidding, The only probable usage I can think of is for health and position tracking. You know, you'll find your friends/family/partner easier with this.
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1799; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Negative, it is largely the same as the ring just inside you.
7. refillable (Posts: 640; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Since it's inside the body it might do some stuff not possible with other external NFC gadgets. But whatever anyways, my post is a joke afterall.
3. tech2 (Posts: 2148; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You can play a cruel practical joke on someone.
For e.g. Set the NFC to automatically turn-off of the phone whenever a phone is used in that range so that person won't ever be able to run a phone ever AGAIN !!!
12. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3404; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That 3rd one is so nerdy, like a 007 gadget.
6. Scott93274 (Posts: 1168; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I have actually seen something like this in a documentary. Some people have them injected to store personal data like medical records, though some rich folk are using them to validate their identity at super exclusive night clubs. The whole idea is stupid, but some people like it.
10. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
And library, but I like the ring concept as well.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3404; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
What phone is that Nick T. In that #3 one.
9. ninjajoe96 (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
Hi StraightEdgeNexus, I think its a Google/Samsung Nexus S :)
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3404; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thanks mate, i had a bit idea that it was a nexus, just looks strikingly similiar to moto x. :-)
13. Nick_T (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Reminds me of a galaxy nexus, although it could be a generic dummy of some kind or a stock photo. Either way, that screen image is most likely simulated and a fake reflection has been added in photoshop.
14. fzacek (Posts: 1814; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
What I don't like about NFC is that the phone needs to be unlocked in order to use it...
18. FatherThyme (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 May 2014)
how would the ring work then?
i'm sure it works around that, no?