10 of the weirdest (and sometimes ugliest) Samsung phones ever
We noticed that there haven’t been any weird Samsung handsets in the last few years. That’s probably because it’s hard to make something unusual when everyone’s trending towards simplicity, larger screens, and thinner bezels.
You may already know a few of the handsets presented below (or even owned one), but we’re pretty sure you’ve never seen such a wacky collection in one place. Of course, if you're aware of other unusual or ugly Samsung mobile phones that didn't make it to our list, feel free to mention them in the comments below.
10 of Samsung's weirdest (ugliest - in some cases) phones
1. Samsung SGH-P300
2. Samsung SGH-E910 Serene (w/ Bang & Olufsen)
3. Samsung SGH-P310 CardFon
4. Samsung UpStage SPH-M620
5. Samsung SGH-F520
6. Samsung Juke
7. Samsung SCH-i760
8. Samsung Serenata
9. Samsung B3310
10. Samsung SPH-N270 Matrix
The Samsung Matrix probably wanted to represent the phones of the future. Thankfully, the present (which is this phone's future) brought us handsets that look a little bit better.
[photos via Mobile-review.com]
2. magnanimus (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The 5th one looks like a good idea. Don't know why it was cancelled.
14. fzacek (Posts: 1351; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, but one keyboard would have sufficed...
88. TheGenius (Posts: 294; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
It IS one keyboard which can you can slide in any of the 2 directions.
3. VyktorJonas (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
a friend of mine had the 9th phone years ago and it was cute for that time
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 691; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
The 5th one actually looks good, better than some recent Samsung phones
7. Super3310 (Posts: 60; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Typical samsung. Im not hating on their devices tho, but look, their designs. Facepalm
71. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaoooo. these are years ago conehe*ad.
8. PAPINYC (Posts: 2227; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Just proves Sammy strides for different, innovative and unique. Personally, I owned number 7 (one of my last attempts [in vain] at Windows Mobiless). Number 10 actually looks cool, gotta' get me one (for nostalgia)!
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2997; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeah, I also thought tha Matrix was cool looking.
If somebody could slim it down to 7-8mm and 'up' pops the touch...it would be cool.
62. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 73; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
I agree! I love the variety... smartphones are now pretty boring when it comes to formfactor.
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3296; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Told you everyone they both are real close friend.
10. maherk (Posts: 798; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Number 3 and 4 were a huge hit back in my home country Lebanon, everyone wanted to own one. I remember Beyonce promotion the number 4 model.
11. marcski07 (Posts: 294; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
where are the whole Samsung handsets? only note 1-3 are exempted.
12. PBXtech (Posts: 969; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Nokia and Motorola have some weird phones too. It's common for companies to try "weird" ideas to see what sticks. Even the Apple Rokr wasn't a great looking device.
18. palmguy (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
I liked the Upstage. Had a nice battery wallet.
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 2707; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ugliness of a hater. They reek of condemnation and self pity.
Even I don't like something I don't comment on it because I know someone else would like it.
22. networkdood (Posts: 6260; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
They should do the same type of story, but with Motorola...
32. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Yeah, it's way too much work to go to the brand page and check by yourself!!!
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3296; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
But in Nokia, we will see real innovated phones and unique.
51. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4039; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And ugly ones which are worser than Samsung
27. tedkord (Posts: 4459; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I had an i760. Nice phone. I wish WP were more like WinMo...
83. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its getting there. WP is all the things that Win Mo didnt get right while missing what made Win Mo good.
8.1 is step in the right direction.
28. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4039; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Phonearena dislikes and hates Samsung
70. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2434; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Judging from all the Samsung coverage on PhoneArena a rational person might come to a different conclusion.
Points for the reverse psychology attempt, though.
72. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
If you have the most market share among all brands and it's owned by many people and in some countries most people have a samsung, then it should be covered the most. not that they should cover the no-one-cares-about brands.
31. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I wonder why people insists on this kind of "humorous" articles with a total lack of sense of humor, I don't even like much the Samsung brand but excepting the last one, I would probably buy the first nine, it's called not being plain... or plain boring...
36. wilsong17 (Posts: 782; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
lol nice phones lol i love how the idiots here bashing samsung but if you are born in the 80 you probably own one of these when you where young or some what like those design
38. ErenJaeger (Posts: 115; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Is it bad to try to be creative and fail? I actually like a lot of these ideas.
41. iGeek (Posts: 130; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
And they say, No Samsung didn't copy the iPhone !
PS: Before fanboys start to comment, I'm using a Note 3 to write this comment :)
82. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If Samsung copied the iPhone....they all copied the LG Prada then..
47. gigaraga (Posts: 628; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I knew there would be annoying haters mentioning the S5. Useless trolls.
48. bucky (Posts: 1326; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think this is just what their phones looked like pre-iPhone. Seriously, not trolling.
60. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4039; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Well you are an iFan
You love Apple
78. bucky (Posts: 1326; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I built my own desktop computer and have a nexus 5 as well. I'm also a senior member at xda.
81. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You dont have to be trolling, just not informed alot about Samsung products. Their flip phones looked very much like any clam shell flip phone.
These are some of the extremes. Moto has some that fit the extreme category too. Here is some of their normal looking ones.
55. BattleBrat (Posts: 1048; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My dad had a Juke, used that thing for years
58. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4039; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Where is FriendsOfSamsung and 13thking
74. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
here. and ready to troll your head sony guy
64. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 73; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
I had the Upstage (#4), and it is by far my favorite pre - smartphone phone. Back when a phone was mostly just for calls and texts, and maybe a little music and pics, the Upstage was awesome. Super thin and sleek, I got a ton of compliments on it.
68. cedricthegr8 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
My bestfriend still has Samsung Juke (#6). So cute little phone
80. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
God bless technology and the advancements many have made with it..
77. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
The early to mid 2000 devices from all manufacturers had some strange devices in the lineups.