ZTE Blade Z Max User Reviews

skwy1963 posted on Apr 22, 2018, 3:08 AM
Posts: 50; Member since: Aug 10, 2013

Great device

skwy1963 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone less than a month and it's a bang for buck phone you just have to try it out for yourself. Also the camera is amazing to say the least. I've been playing with the bocca effect and I'm blown away that a phone this cheap could pull this off. Thanks zte. Looking for more of this Company.

• Build quality

belieber1996 posted on Jan 02, 2018, 10:45 PM
Posts: 6; Member since: May 27, 2013

Great value for the price!

belieber1996 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Since I ported my service over from AT&T, I only paid for my first month's service with MetroPCS, hence getting the phone for free. One of the biggest pluses for me is the large HD display, where viewing social media apps and videos were adequate. I noticed I come home from work (8-5) with no less than a 70% battery life, especially with me scrolling through messages and making the occasional phone calls. I can't find that type of impressive battery life from any other smartphone so far. I've tested the camera on multiple occasions, and it serves its purposes for it's everyday quick shots I need on the go, maybe even a social media post on a good day. Otherwise, the 8MP front camera is below par, which is a downer since I use Snapchat on a regular basis. The Snapdragon 435 paired with 2 GB of RAM has timed out my apps that were open on occasion, with a few hiccups here and there when opening games and heavier social media apps. All in all, I noticed the compromises had to be made in order for this smartphone to really sell itself!

VoLTE/HD Voice is a huge plus on this phone!
Great for viewing, the speakers are somewhat tinny and weak.
The dual rear cameras are decent at best, but the font camera is subpar and grainy.
The phone gets sluggish on occasion with the processor coupled with 2 GB of RAM.
I've gone 12 hours without a charge and haven't went below 50%! The battery itself makes the phone a winner.

Pros

• Large FHD Display
  • Fantastic Battery Life
  • Dual Rear Cameras

Cons

• Subpar Front Camera
  • Phone sluggish at times

belieber1996 alternatives:

driveme posted on Sep 20, 2017, 2:51 PM
Posts: 26; Member since: May 16, 2012

Great Phone. You get more than you pay for.

driveme has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I figured I would try an experiment and give up my $830 S8+ and see if I could live with this phone. After looking at and almost buying the Note 8 at $930 I decided to get off this crazy phone merry-go-round and see if I could live with a budget phone. At first I was taken back with the size and the internal specs but, I have to say that anxiety is now gone. I paid less than $200 for the unlocked version of this phone and so far it has been worth every penny. No, it doesn't have a QHD screen, it has a FHD screen at 1080p. Any difference? Yes, its just as clear and uses much less battery power. No it doesn't have the fastest processor on the market. Any difference? Yes, this one works a fraction of a second slower. In other words no not really. In truth it does everything that my S8+ did and maybe a bit more. First of all the battery in this phone is great, 4080 mAh great. And with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor and a 1080p screen it will go 3 days on a single charge. Will the Note 8 or the S8+ do that. The camera is good. Not great but, still very good. And to be honest I got tired of paying for a state of the art camera with tons of features that I never used. I point and shoot and this does that just fine. Video is 1080p and do we really need more than that. Voice, Bluetooth and everything else works just as good as my S8+. No NFC, was that a deal breaker, no, like many I never used it so I don't miss it at all. As far as build quality goes it's great and in some ways...

Pros

• Great battery life
  • Big screen
  • Nice build

Cons

• Stock Android not for everyone
  • But with Nova Launcher very smooth

Tech_X posted on Jun 19, 2019, 1:31 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 19, 2019

2019 and it's still great phone!

Tech_X has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

It's 2019. I've had the Blade Z Max for a year. Probably the best phone I've ever used. It's looking a bit rough from some rough use, so was thinking about getting a replacement phone. Nothing affordable on the market comes close to either price or quality. This phone is amazing! So after much searching what's my choice for a new phone? Another Z982 Blade Z Max. Just ordered a new one online ;)

Pros

Cons

• Can't replace the MetroPCS start up image lol.

gilpv posted on Feb 04, 2018, 12:51 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 04, 2018

This phone is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gilpv has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I'm on my third phone. All day long I get error messages that "app will not respond". I've been to 4 stores and each one has told me that they are having a lot of problems with this phone. MetroPCS won't stand by their garbage phones so I will be looking for another provider.

DOESN'T WORK
Doesn't work - app not responding error messages all day long
Awful
Doesn't work
doesn't work
Displays error messages very nicely
not very good in spite of it being a big battery

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• doesn't work

Zee.Beez.Kneez posted on Oct 14, 2017, 5:36 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 14, 2017

Far exceeded my expectations. Definitely the best phone in it's price range, and possibly one's twice he price.

Zee.Beez.Kneez has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Considering I paid $130 for it (currently available for $100) it is one of the best phones I have owned to date, well besides a couple that cost more than a months rent. The phone is perfect IMO except for the lack of ram, and while it doesn't have the fastest CPU it hasn't been an issue at all really. The screen is nice, large, great clarity and bright. The battery last a full day no matter how heavy I'm using it and charges relatively quick. The camera is decent far better than any other in it's price range and way more capable than what I need considering I'm not a vain douche constantly snapping selfies. Hands down the best currently available without buying 2nd hand or buying directly from China. If it was FI compatible I would probably keep this phone longer than any phone I've owned before and who knows maybe a developer out there will make that a possibility.

Pros

• Price
  • Large Battery
  • Functionality
  • Snappy fingerprint sensor

Cons

• Low ram