Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Sony Xperia XZ1 User Reviews Back

7.5

Alp1111 posted on Nov 04, 2019, 2:15 PM
Posts: 47; Member since: Jan 27, 2012

DO NOT BUY XPERIA

Alp1111 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have used this phone for 18 months with no problem. After that some problems started occuring. The phone wouldn't open if tho I haven't switched it off. I was hard resetting my phone once or twice a day. Then this started happening more frequently. And after some time it wouldn't unlock the screen and the hard reset started to not work. So I sent it to the service and they somehow managed to say it's user fault and said the guarantee wouldn't do it. They wanted me to pay a cost that was more than what I bought this phone for.

khomeni posted on Mar 27, 2018, 1:51 AM
Posts: 7; Member since: Mar 27, 2018

Sony Xperia XZ1 REVIEW

khomeni has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had this phone for about 4 months now. Very fluid performance, solid build quality. One thing I really like about this phone is that I can play my PS4 games with it. You just have to connect your ps4 to your phone, through remote play app. And overall, it's a beast phone. I would totally recommend it, especially to students like me...

Superb built quality. Water-resistant is good.
No issues.
What I love about this phone is I can use it with my PS4.
Great camera.
Blazing fast, faster than light lol.
Very crisp HDR display.
Superb battery life.

Pros

• Water-resistant.
  • HDR display.
  • Gaming performance.
  • Best FPS location.
  • Super slow-motion.
  • Superb battery life.
  • Up-to-date software.
  • First Android Oreo Phone!
  • PS4 remote play.

Cons

• None.

khomeni alternatives:

misiasty7 posted on Nov 03, 2019, 1:08 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 02, 2019

Good phone

misiasty7 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I bought xz1 for 250 EUR. Im this price we get really fast device with ip68 and famtastic slow motion 960 FPS. Its still a worth tu purchase in 2019. Photos taken at Day are very nice, but in low light its hard to take a good quality shoot.

Pros

• Ip68
  • Compact size
  • Pure android

Cons

• Night photos

CMendio014 posted on Oct 13, 2018, 4:32 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 13, 2018

XZ1 is the best!

CMendio014 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

After updating it after purchase, I couldn't see any bad thing bout this phone. I like the Adaptive Brightness, when it detects and provide necessary backlighting, when it remembers my 'routine', stereo speakers are a blast. Only downside is the torch/flashlight, it's not as bright as my previous Sony phone (XA).

If there are any issues with the phone, then go to their office or customer center ffs.

it's not overheating after hours of heavy gaming or video recording
looove stereo speakers and its support with HiRes audios.
960fps 4k recording
Just make sure to turn off Stamina Mode, as it will affect the animation.
battery lasts a day without me worrying of empty batt
I could go to work with 100% batt, with Youtube, PUBG, music, use of speaker and data, and go home with still 50-60% left in batt. It may have 2700mah, but its battery is real-optimized.

Pros

• display
  • camera (esp 960fps)
  • selfie camera with hidden front flash
  • screen still bright though I am under sunlight
  • battery optimization
  • Xperia actions.
  • FLAC/LDAC support (HiRes audio)
  • 3D scanner

Cons

• Flashlight not too bright when in dark places

CMendio014 alternatives:

didcrywolf posted on Jul 17, 2018, 8:45 AM
Posts: 2; Member since: Jun 05, 2018

Several Issues: wifi Db signal is 30% lower than other phones, Bluetooth sound is totally distorted

didcrywolf has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have never had a phone that became problematic so rapidly.
While beggars cannot be choosers, I needed a quick replacement for a water damaged Essential PH1. I found that Sony had a lot of bloat ware and took a lot time to install all its update. I enjoyed the camera and the sound with the provided earphones. The calls were of good quality. The battery is really not big enough to power the snapdragon 835. I hope Sony can fix this because my data charges are going through the roof. Avoid this phone until Sony has a fix.

wifi is not holding a signal
bluetooth earbuds come out fully distorted and cannot find how to fix it...
good long distance pictures, faces but not good at closeups of screens and text

Pros

• good pics
  • nice screen

Cons

• wifi does not hold signal
  • battery does not last a full day of usage
  • very distorted sound out to bluetooth earbuds

JP-FAP posted on Mar 17, 2018, 1:19 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 17, 2018

Sony Xperia XZ1: no alarm, can't answer calls, screen brightness flickers, GPS doesn't work on a daily basis, and CRAP SUPPORT from Sony!

JP-FAP has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Since I got this phone I am seeing nothing but crap functionality on the device, and crap support form Sony (aka: 90% of solutions suggested are "update software") and I seriously regret my purchase...
Since I bought the Xperia XZ1 the following issues have arisen:

1) Alarm clock DOES NOT RING no matter what I do.. whether it's single-time or repeating alarms (I actually use my old Z5 as a alarm clock!). Already did 3 software updates (as per Sony's forums) and none of them worked!

2) Even BASIC PHONE FUNCTIONALITY is broken, as there is about a 75% chance that ANY CALL I get, I am unable to answer as the touchscreen freezes/stops working, and I have to try and relock/unlock 3 or 4 times until it actually responds (if at all!).

3) The "Adaptive Display" has become INFURIATING, as it doesn’t stop changing screen brightness up and down even when I don't move it at all! And turning it off is not even an option, as the screen the screen is LITERALLY invisible if I'm using the same setting between going outside and into my car, for example. I've tried backlight control and without it, and tried every setting i could find.. NOTHING. And just having it at high brightness all the time is not an option either since THE BATTERY DRAINS LIKE A SEWAGE PIPE!

4) I have PROVEN beyond a doubt in my mind and out of personal experience that Sony's software updates DO actually SLOW DOWN THE PHONE! After being happy with my Xperia Z5, thinking it just slowed down over a couple of years of use,...

Reception very weak, and GPS doesn't work at least 2 - 3 times a day, in areas where my other phone works fine.
Great camera and much improved over older versions, especially with front-camera lighting option, and night-time photos from both sides.
Can't even answer phone!! Screen keeps freezing when receiving a call!
Not customizable as before. Much less options
Screen brightness in auto keeps flickering and going from bright to dark uncontrollably

Pros

• Much better camera than before
  • Still good battery

Cons

• Often can't answer calls (screen freezes)
  • Alarm doesn't work AT ALL
  • No countdown sounds either
  • GPS doesn't work MOST of the time
  • Auto screen brightness just keeps flickering between high and low uncontrollably
  • much worse battery than before
  • software updates slow phone down
  • no support from Sony and HORRIBLE customer service
  • software updates DON'T fix any of the problems