Sony Xperia M2 User Reviews

8.9
7.5

arad.bt posted on Sep 16, 2015, 12:04 PM
Posts: 7; Member since: Sep 16, 2015

i love it , it is god of midranges

arad.bt has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

It is my love i've done any thing that my friend cant it is smartest smartphone ever.it can be with for 4 or 5 years the camera is like iphone 6 and the display is better than any midranges.and grand prime,motorola moto g,htc desire 626,lg l90,... can not be a pixel of it.

Pros

• anything

Cons

• nothing

radex posted on May 30, 2014, 6:47 PM
Posts: 7; Member since: May 30, 2014

good midranger

radex has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

generally I am not heavy user most used for internet browsing and watching videos the phone is ok with that , good screen good processor . this phone does get the job done . and in the end of course it is not a flagship . but a good one by sony

looks good feels good but it is huge .
no problems with reception . two sims work together never miss a call
no problems at all
not so good neither in images nor in video
no lag at all
except for photography
long lasting battery

Pros

• dual call
  • beautiful notification LED
  • long battery life

Cons

• bad camera
  • very big phone

pro098 posted on Jun 10, 2016, 8:10 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 26, 2016

Good phone

pro098 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Good phone,camera is amaizing but front camera is eff.I like his big size its 4.8.This phone for Gaming is good,of course you can't download big games like Asphalt 8 or Gangsta Vegas because space is only 8 GB(5 GB free)Menory can be 16 GB,but yeah 8 is good too.No lag inssues .

Build quality is amaaizing,because screen size is big.And phone plastic is not so anoying like my other devices.
Quality is amaizing
I love playing a music and watching films from this phone
Camera is good,but front camera is bad,you can't take a nice selfie
Display is an good,it is a good,it is very good visiblity in sunligth
Battery is life without WIFI is 4-5 days.That amaizing Battery

Pros

• Big display(4.8)
  • Good Camera
  • Amaizing display
  • Good for Gaming
  • Speedy
  • no lags
  • good UI

Cons

• Not so good front camera

mihilar posted on Mar 15, 2016, 4:05 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 11, 2016

awesome mid range phones

mihilar has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

sony m2 is a best mid rage phone 100% sure before i buy M2 i have received very bad comments from my some friends also i saw my self in the youtube some bad review but last month i brought this phone because i really wanna to see what is the truth now i realized some people made a wrong commends and review about M2 with out the camera but that's not a big deal still you can get good quality pictures. play some awesome game without freezing example (clash of clan,mortal kombat x,asphalt 8 etc) and very good quality music experiences.also i wanna to say this review not made by some working in Sony just i wanna shire my experience who are really wanna to by a mid rage phone thanks

ayli.bs posted on Sep 16, 2015, 12:30 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 16, 2015

It is the best

ayli.bs has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love the call quality is well the display is well sound is well ui speed is well cpu speed is well and anything that you can think is well no problem you cant find any problem sony is better than all brand
Asked siri about i phone's battery siri answered: buy a xperia phone

Pros

• Anything

Cons

• Nothing

missbieber posted on Mar 31, 2015, 7:45 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 31, 2015

Okay I guess

missbieber has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone because my iPhone 5s wouldn't charge properly and i read some review on it and they said this phone was quite good. However the phone did not reach my expectations because the front camera is terrible and the phone constantly freezes when I'm in the middle of texting someone. having said this the back camera works fine

it has a really good build quality because it is likely to last as it handles drops really well and it is easy to grip on to
the phone has very clear reception
the call quality is great however it can sometimes lack volume on speaker phone
the internet is good however it can run slow at times
play back through headphones is fantastic and everything can be heard clearly through the speakers
The back camera is good however the front camera lack quality
this phone is fast but it sometimes lacks speed when using internet or on some apps
Everyday usage is fine but sometimes when I'm sending messages my phone tends to freeze
The display screen is good however it is hard to see in sunlight
in general the battery is very good an it can last all day without being charged

Pros

• great battery life
  • great audio from speakers and when using headphones

Cons

• constantly freezes when sending text messages
  • front camera is terrible
  • sometimes runs slow when using the internet

panama27 posted on Jan 11, 2015, 4:07 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 11, 2015

Pretty Good Midrange Phone- Run away from KitKat

panama27 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been using it for 2 months now. I'm a physician so I don't look at it every second and I am not a teenager with need for attention so I don't take pictures of everything in my everyday life. That said, for the average user who needs to use some apps, a photo now and then, lots of texting and don't have the luxury of a charger by your side, does pretty well.

Even though is not a High priced cellphone I think the quality is pretty good for the price
So far I haven't had big problems with the reception. It also depends on the carrier.
I don't make long calls, sometimes long distances though. I hear well and they hear me well on the other side. I do not expect a dolby surround 7.2 etc...quality. Its a cellphone.
With LTE most of the time (carrier related too) I do not complain.
Sony pretty much tries to take control of your media experience. For the average user like me is pretty much ok but I guess some freedom would be better.
Its not a Movie maker...then again i just use it for the occasional foto which I think its ok and for scanning a document every now and then. If you are into selfies and taking picture from every coffee you buy...Its not your phone.
Does what it has to do for the average user without most delays.
It does pretty much what is expected to do. For the first time in years Im not worried about carrying a charger or not...Battery lasts a day or more and Stamina kicks in and makes its part.
Im not sure. I think it could be better, for instance the keyboard could have an extra row for the numbers.
Its big but not so big, I don't feel like I'm carrying a TV in my pocket. (I'm a man, I don't carry a purse for my stuff).
I think is the best quality on this phone, in fact the reason I bought it. So far I'm not dissaponinted. I don't like the fact its enclosed but nothing can be perfect.

Pros

• Not that big if you don't want to carry a TV in your pocket

Cons

• Do not upgrade to KitKat, its 8gb rom are not enough if you loose SD-management rights. Which I hate, but that's Google's fault. In fact if they don't fix it I thing my next phone will be Windows.

markelof posted on Nov 17, 2014, 10:54 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 17, 2014

amazing phone at 17 k

markelof has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

amazing phone found in 17 k priline , would be dissapointing if the price range is as proposed initialy of 22k .
nice camera , nice browser , amzing response
updated to kitkat
lag free
a must buy phone at this range !!!!!!!

excellent finish
awesome crystal pure
amazing
great
excellent in all condition

Pros

• good battery life
  • nice rear camera
  • superb gaming
  • nice display

Cons

• nothing so far

dami1996 posted on Nov 15, 2014, 10:34 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 15, 2014

Sony Xperia M2. One of the best devices out there.

dami1996 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have to say that i agree with most people on this page. The phone is amazing and i have read the PhoneArena review and i have to say it was a bit harsh. The phone is one of the best Mid Ranged phones ive used. Even the Motorola Moto G and the HTC Desire 610 can't get near this phone. In fact the only place where the Moto G can get near is that fact it has a HD 720p Screen. The phone has a wide range of features and an impressive amount of specs including a 8MP camera, 4.8 inch screen and more. Lets be honest Sony and Microsoft are the only ones who can actually produce quality mid range smartphone.

The material which the phone is made of may be plastic but the Corning Gorilla Glass gives the phone a stylish look.
Perfect signal always No dropped calls Clear voices from the caller.
Very Fast with 4G Clear and easy to read text Large screen means its easy to see pictures Quality is great
Music apps are great YouTube is very fast and speedy Videos are shown in HD which clean and clear
The camera is pretty good Quality photos and sharpness is on top here. Great video quality as well HD 1080p recording
QUAD CORE is just a breeze Apps and videos load in a few seconds Fast access You know everything first, fast

Mike767 posted on Sep 27, 2014, 11:39 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 09, 2014

Great Mid-range phone

Mike767 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone about 6 weeks ago and I really liked it and I still do. I basically made this review, cause I think PhoneArena's review on the M2 is not right.
They gave it a 5 but I think the m2 deserves atleast a 7.5. The build qualtiy is good, not only does the phone look really good, it also feels really solid and its just the right size for people with small hands. PhoneArena was also very negative about the call quality, which I had no problems with at all. The interface sony is using is very user-friendly and Is just really easy to use. the battery and the display are also very good, especially the battery is amazing, I can play games and browse the internet all day long without having to charge my battery.The only con of the M2 is the camera which is just really poor but don't get me wrong, you are still able to make good photos, Its just not the quality I'm used to. I think this phone is one of the best Mid-range phones you can get at the moment and if the camera is not important to you, I would definitely recommend this phone to people with a Mid-range budget.

• UI Performance

Cons

• Camera is not that good

Zeiz67 posted on Aug 03, 2014, 9:55 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 03, 2014

A really great phone !

Zeiz67 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I’ve had this device for 10 days now and I have to admit that PhoneArena’s review is a bit harsh. Most of what is said is true. There are just to things that are really unfair:
- the photo quality isn’t as bad as the review says : as long as you take pictures with the manual mode, they are very acceptable
- the call quality is awesome ! Much better than other devices I’ve had in the past. With my former phone (a Nokia Lumia 820) it was almost impossible to make a call. With this Xperia M2, people can hear me again and I can hear them too.

Globally, my impressions on this phone are pretty good. It is a very beautiful device that feels premium and expensive even if it really isn’t. It’s very easy to use and with android 4.3 the user experience is awesome. Can’t wait to get android 4.4 kitkat!

The best feature of this phone is the battery. Most of us have always had issues with really poor batteries that last a day tops… if we’re lucky!
That is all in the past – with this phone you get a two day battery life on “normal mode”… and if you activate Sony’s “stamina mode” you can go up to 4 days! A full 4 days! Of course, this is based on my personal usage which is: 5 calls a days, 50 to 100 text messages a day, some Facebook and twitter, some internet browsing and e-mail.
I guess that if you start playing heavy performance games for hours the battery will definitely not last that long… but it will still be better than other smartphones.

The phone feels premium even if at this price range... it really isn't !
Awesome reception... whether we're talking 2G, 3G or 4G.
No issues whatsoever - I can hear the person on the other end perfectly and so does he !
Great internet browsing... though some lag is noticeable.
The photo quality is more than ok, provided that you use the manual mode.
UI is very smooth... though some lag is noticeable when many applications are turned on.
Great companion that does everything I want it to !
Great keybord that allows user to type really fast.
Screen is not the best one I've seen... but still pretty ok for mu everyday use.
Amazing battery! A full 4 days with the "stamina mode" on.

izprve posted on Jun 26, 2014, 8:07 AM
Posts: 2; Member since: Jun 26, 2014

good value for your money, Xperia M2

izprve has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am using Sony Xperia M2 now for some time and i have to say in my personal opinion it is positioned well in the market. You can purchase the device for reasonable 200€ or 270$. It is a midrange device and it is 2.5 times cheaper then its big brother Xperia Z2. I have to say, mostly i agree with the review done by PhoneArena but there are couple of points i believe they were to tough on. But first is first, lets start with design of the device. It is great! Sony, have to say, now has the range on of the best looking devices on the market. The build quality is also ok, It is not made of metal but nevertheless the feel of the phone in the hand is good and firm, solid. One of the best features is users interface design. It is simple, fluent and easy to work with. Its hardware is more than sufficient for normal usage. I have to say, so far had no problems with overheating the device. Mostly i am only running apps such as Endomondo, RunKeeper, SnapChat, Facebook, etc, and a lot of browsing. Onced i had the chance of using Xperia Arc S and it was heating by only using the phonebook  or trying to surf the net... Also i am not experiencing any lag, so thumbs up! But the true winner of this phone is its battery. Going through the day with no charging is something normal to expect. Now to discuss the things that are not so good. The camera is a joke haha it really is. During the day when the light is ok, pictures are »fine« (you have to use manual mode and set it up to 8 megapixels),...

It is firm and it feels good in your hand.
No problems when making a call.
Really good. At least for me, don't know what did you think about poor phone quality?
Fast and no lagging.
Unnecessary apps which cannot be removed...
It is a jock, They could probably fix it with a simple update...
Work flow is fast and with no lag...
no complains
fine
Glossy when the light is high.
Cham of the day, really good.

Pros

• UI
  • Looks, design
  • Screen size
  • Price

• Display, screen...

izprve alternatives:

Shazia posted on May 22, 2014, 6:41 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 22, 2014

Awesome

Shazia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome phone i am using less then a month its awesome i have tried so many apps and games no lag camera is nice and no issue at all buy it without any hesitation i am in love with it thx Sony I have read so many reviews i dont know why people are complaining you should try it and you should know how to use a smart phone before commenting its really a nice phone i have faced no issue at all its more then what i expected....... now my next phone will be xperia z2

Pros

• Excellent display
  • super speed
  • nice camera
  • good for gaming
  • typing is soo smooth
  • no lags

Cons

No Cons