Sony Ericsson W800 User Reviews

Adam posted on Feb 29, 2008, 2:53 AM

5.8

w800 review

I loved everything about this phone except the actual things that deal with using it to call and talk to people. It had terrible reception and always dropped calls. This is mainly because the phone is tri-band and I think i needed the band that I was missing. Also, the caller on the other line was very hard to hear unless you were in a library. Unless you like saying what every other word, I wouldn't recommend this phone. If you think that it might be able to be fixed through firmware, I've tried every witch way, and its not. Also, the joystick starting going out a little over a year.

However, I loved the walkman features, the camera and the camera light, style and button placement. If you have good hearing, live in a major city, and take good care of it, it is an awesome phone.

Jon posted on Feb 20, 2008, 4:00 AM

The button

This phone was never build to last. I have a habit of sticking to one phone for quite a while so any phone I buy have to survive a test of fairly "rough" handling over time. (I tend to drop it from time to time and keep it in my pocket). The trouble with this phone is the button with which you navigate most features of the phone: from address book to text messaging. But this button stops responding after approximately a year which really renders the phone useless. A big problem in my opinion! (But perhaps not if you are the type that always have to have the latest phone on the market.)

Karl posted on Nov 20, 2007, 4:49 PM

Score at first try

I got this phone in 2006 and still have it, IMO it's still one of the best W phones so far, all the new W series have features removed. At first it had firmware problems, something that seems to be usual at SE, but then it got fixed and I loved it.
Since W810i they have removed auto focus from all W phones, why... we'll probably never know. Also I constantly use the flash light when it gets dark, new phones have lost that too.
At first I bought it for it's superior camera quality over the other brands, but nowadays it seems it gets worse with every new phone in the W series. I like SE, but they really have to do something to keep up with other brands that can make bug-less phones with more features than the last model instead of removing them.

Rob posted on Jul 09, 2007, 7:01 PM

3.4

Not so good

Im not satisfaiced with this phone,is no good sound and camera in my point of vue there are lott of much better phones out there with better value for money

Samir posted on Feb 25, 2007, 3:27 PM

Awesome Mobile

Great Music Quality, and Great Camera 2.0 Megapixels. It's best to buy it because it has all features of w810i but very less price comparatively. So do not think so much. Just buy it, if u like it.

Jove posted on Feb 13, 2007, 1:37 PM

Nice

It's a nice telefon but it hasn't some futures like Gps,3g and some others.The sound it's great also the camera is great.And sometimes the phone turns off alone.I don't like that.

Zaf posted on Oct 29, 2006, 1:19 PM

Simply a Great Phone

Great design
Great photo quality - Camera 2MP
Great Sound quality
Great connectivity to PC via USB
Great Features + FM radio
Simply a great phone! nothing more nothing less!

bevery posted on Oct 08, 2006, 5:13 AM

w800

i bought it for a week & found out that it is nt a really good phone.. although it is a walkman phone, but it lags easily
and it is ulgy...
if u ever consider buyin, try not to buy it

Shehabeldin posted on Jun 19, 2006, 5:51 PM

PERFECT

The Phone is simply perfect. Except for the limited message memory, i do not see any other problems. I hope that a software update will solve the message memory issue one day.

Luan posted on May 10, 2006, 12:13 PM

Lu$ans Blog

From the first day i saw this phone i just fell in love! It's all I want from a phone. For those people that have techical problems all I can say that they had a bit of bad luck. All phone companies have problems with their phones. All I can say is that W800i is awsome!!

Somebody posted on Mar 15, 2006, 3:05 AM

This is the best phone ever. It totaly rocks. Has all the features you need. Sound Quality is great. The camera is the best ever. I love this phone.

mcteal posted on Mar 08, 2006, 4:20 PM

6.6

do not buy this handset

I've owned this phone now for about three months, while its theoretically a great phone (features wise) I have serious question about the abilities of the developers. I really want to like this phone but am loing respect for SE because they rushed a phone out before it was ready. I've owned three K750's which all had the same software problems so I moved on to a W800. . .which has the exact same software problem! While it does everything it's supposed to do, I cant over look this inherent problem. When using the handest over the course of a day, you will notice a black box appearing as the cursor in the menu screen; thats when the problems start. Within the next couple of hours the phone will just start to slow down, it will not play sounds anymore, you will not be able to see texts that you are creating (very hard to do!). The only way to aleviate the problem is by turning the handset off and restarting it. Everything is perfect then, but this happens on a daily basis, without question! Thats what a big bucket of money buys you. I work in a phone shop, I will not sell these phones anymore as I'm sick of taking them back, all with the exact same problem. People are getting sick of the line "sony ericsson have a software update service you can download and it will all be sorted". . .pish! it doesnt fix the problem. Anyway I'll still soldier on with mine, turning it off and on everyday, untill i can get have my choice of upgrade. I kinda want an apology from SE

Raw-kus posted on Mar 08, 2006, 3:55 AM

Shame on Bah !!

You obviously just dont know how to correctly use this phone it has great features is dead simple to use and top of its class at the moment !! so read the manual RTFM ...

bah posted on Feb 23, 2006, 6:30 AM

4.6

Terrible piece of phone

This is the worst and most expensive phone I've ever owned. I bought mine 4 months ago and I still curse at it daily. That's how bad it is.

So many bad stuff I don't know where to start...

1) Some basic phone 101 functions are not included. For example, if a friend sends you a text message to ask you the number of your friend John, on most phones you can access your "contacts" while writing the message, and get John's number automatically. I could already do that on my first phone back in 1997; but no such thing on this 400 $, 2005 phone. You have to remember the phone number or write it on a piece of paper and then type it yourself.

2) When someone who is not yet in your contact list sends you a text message, you should be able to use that message to save their phone number, right ? Wrong. On this state-of-the-art phone, you need to pretend to call then, then quickly cancel the call, then scroll through to your "called numbers" list, and from there you can save the new phone number.

Just these 2 things give you an idea of how well-designed this phone is.

More bad stuff:

3. The PC software is horrible and counter-intuitive. It will take hours for you to understand how it works and start transfering music to the phone.

4.The mp3 player software is awful to navigate in. Plus external buttons are badly designed and you sometimes jump to another song without wanting it, or start playing songs by accident while using the phone.

5. Random exasperating fact :...

Tyler posted on Feb 17, 2006, 6:33 PM

awesome

this phone is one of the best i've seen so far. the walkman function is perfect. i sold my ipod bc this phone does what the ipod does evem more. i would recommend this phone to anyone who wants to buy it.....if you have teh money for

ScoopMCEE posted on Dec 28, 2005, 12:45 AM

This phone is off the chain.

I was in local resturant and this guy walks in with this phone. He was showing to anybody who wanted to look at it. This phone is the best phone I have seen so far and I work for a cellular company.

na posted on Oct 22, 2005, 11:28 PM

My opinion

I just want to know when it will be avalible in USA , I also saw quastion about how much will coast , well is it true that is 500$ ?But any way I think is the best phone I ever have seen.

Phone-Guy posted on Mar 23, 2005, 10:35 PM

i need info

wel this phone sounds very good but one problem i dont like the orange colour plus i need to know the price and if it will have differnt colours available ???

dan posted on Mar 21, 2005, 6:13 PM

n/a

it verry good phone i can wait to get this phone