Samsung SGH-E635 User Reviews

8.5

tracey posted on Jan 15, 2011, 7:51 PM

Its soo tiny!

tracey has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I bought this phone in 05 when I was on the web and saw how small it was. I have had it ever since and in fact, I use it as a back up phone just in case any of my newer model phones have issues. At the time this phone came out, not many people were doing much besides texting so this phone was perfect, I must say, the only phone I have ever owned is a samsung, because I believe everything they make is great, and I refuse to buy any other brand. For all practical purposes this phone, at the time was a perfect fit. I liked the camera, the sound quality was great, the pictures I took were nice and honestly, I have soo many good memories with this phone that other then the short battery life, I cant possibly think of anything wrong with it. Its 2011 and it still works like I bought it yesterday..if thats not quality, im not sure what is!

Pros

• compact
  • durable as hell
  • longevity
  • practical

Cons

• short battery life

tracey alternatives:

David posted on Oct 12, 2005, 8:22 PM

Excellent phone for the free/cash back price it sells for!

1. Re; prior post. All photos do go automatically to My Photos (on the phone) right away after taking a photo! You can take another one simply by pressing the LEFT menu key, and select choice #1 - New Photo. You can do this all day long and all of the photos you take will go into the phone's memory. No need to waste money on the TMobile online web photo hosting service by answering Yes everytime it asks if you'd like the photo sent to the online My Album database.

---

One day owner - thus far, excellent phone for the price and sliding design. I'll simply list the few downsides I've found.
1) The side volume control doesn't adjust the ringer volume, but rather, the keypad volume!? Why in the world would anyone want that?!? Anyways, it's still easy to mute the phone by pressing the # key down, but it's strange that they did this.
2) The speakerphone is decent, but won't be heard in the very loudest places unless you hold it closer to your head. Okay in all office environements however, and you can easily have a conversation in a quiet office or bedroom from several feet away with the phone on speaker on a desk.
3) RF reception for my area 92868/92683 is as good in most cases as SprintPCS using a Kyocera SE47. However, the GSM/TMobile service does 'blank' out here and there when I'm walking around a bricked part of a building or something silly like that. chalk it up to the fact that they don't have as large of a coverage as other providers. Still, I'm getting two...

Ryan posted on Sep 28, 2005, 7:15 PM

Master

When I got this phone I thought wow this is a great phone with great features, and small form factor. It had everything I needed for a nice price (on t-mobile) and very nice looking, with a great camera, I have a list though, of around 10 complaints, if you are the person that uses your phone as a phone, :-D these do not apply, but as someone that is very picky these things bother me....
After taking a picture there is no quick way to send the photo to "My Photos" The choices are options and My Album, thinking "my album" was the name of picture folder I used this numerous times before recieving text messages that my photos were "online in my online 'my album'" (which I got charged for a picture messages 3 X $1.25=$3.75 in charges) Next you cannot change the right soft key to be "My photos" it can only be send to friend, put in text message, and other things that are unused and unproperly placed. So when you take a photo and want to keep it you must hit the left soft key, and you would think the very first choice would be "my photos" but instead it's new photo, then send to, then edit message, and then default destination (a setting), then delete, and finnaly "my photos". I have never sent a picture message and never plan to and to have to use go throught that just to take and save a photo is apalling. Next one thing That this phone does nicely is contacts, except for the fact I have to enter 1 and my own area code if I want people with MY area code to come up with their...