Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Samsung SGH-A177 User Reviews Back

Mike Baker posted on Jul 09, 2010, 3:20 AM

Little more then decent

Fairly good experience. Easy to use, remember, and carry. weight, size, and dexterity are great for pocket carry. Interface pleasing asside from some aspects of texting. no signture and funky shift fuction. other than that i'm plased with the buy. $84.99 was my price.

Pros

• size, weight, camera, qwerty keyboard, easy interface

Cons

• funky shift, no signature, small keys

lovedangel24 posted on Jun 02, 2010, 8:10 PM

love this phone! some cons, tho :(

hello! i just got this phone 2 days ago, and i'm already in love with it. i've dropped it a couple of times, and it still looks brand new. no scratches. the back of the phone has this really cool design on it, and it doesn't get scratched easily at all. the messaging: i love to text! i love how the inbox and outbox look on this phone, and i like the interface when you get a new message. texting is a breeze, also. although i make occasional errors, i can text pretty fast. i just wish the keys were a little spaced out, but that's not a huge problem. i like all the shortcut keys, also. the only problem is that when you press the Shift key, it goes straight to 123 (numbers).... so if you want to actually shift the key, you have to press the key twice. does that make sense? i hope so. and one more thing..... you CANNOT have a signature on this phone. you can only have customizable templates. camera: it takes great pictures! i love them.... but no video. only VGA camera, but i don't know what that means. tools: Camera (very nice!)Record AudioAlarms (wakes me up in the morning)Calendar (awesome calendar!)Recent Calls (you can also press the green button)Notes (i love to take notes... nice job)Calculator (good calculator....gets the job done fast)Tip calculatorConverterTimerStopwatchWorld Time**Battery life: I am a non-stop texter, and this lasts me all day! I woke up at 9 in the morning and started texting and it lasted me until 12 at night with 1 bar left (out of...

Pros

• good messaging, good quality photos, good camera, lots of customizable features, durable, awesome feature of tools, and just an overall easy phone to use..... my grandpa picked this up and immediately found out how to use it!
  • ***GREAT battery life!!!***

Cons

• no video, Shift key is a little weird, no signature for messaging

Robomanh20 posted on Mar 21, 2010, 6:44 PM

Awsome Phone!

I really like this phone. i got it a-while ago because my older phone broke and this one is amazing! You can do allot with it and the camera takes good quality photos! it has an exceptional speaker volume (for speaker phone of course) and the other call thing is good to! i suggest you go and get this phone!

Pros

• Good call volume, Very costomizable.

Cons

• No video Camera, Internet it OCCASIONALLY slow

Anonymous posted on Jan 04, 2010, 9:59 AM

I bought this phone first and foremost because it's quad-band. It has ALL the known GSM frequencies, so this is a truly GLOBAL phone. So far it has good signal reception. Speaker is decent. Support for MIDI and MP3 tones. Call quality is good on AT&T where the signal is strong. No 3G but has EDGE. In short this phone is very good for a basic global phone. I plan to use this with a prepaid SIM with AT&T and I will have it unlocked when I visit other countries.

Pros

• QWERTY KB, QUAD-Band, Nice design, Li battery, lightweight, polyphonic tones support. Great audio quality.

Cons

• VGA-Only camera, No Expansion slot for memory, Bluetooth profile is VERY limited (only headset). Does not come with free data cable. Does not work with Samsung PC-Studio out of the box, you need to buy data cable first.No video support.

Colleen posted on Nov 29, 2009, 11:09 PM

Best phone ever!!

I've had many phones in my time, but this has to be the best ever. Its my 1st with a full keyboard, and i'll keep it as long as I can. Simple to use, great battery life, decent pics as long as its not in a dim setting, durable ive dropped it numerous times and still not even a scratch!!

Pros

• Ease of use, get for texting

Cons

• none!

Anonymous posted on Nov 21, 2009, 9:20 PM

This has got to be the best cell phone I have ever bought in my live time, and in the lifetime of cell phones. I personally believe in this phone, and i seriously believe that you need to get this phone. It is so nice. It is basic, but it does do everything I need it to do.

Pros

• Big screen
  • Big full keyboard
  • Loud speaker
  • Verry durrable
  • Does not feel cheap
  • Fells great to my fingers

Cons

• I don't think there is anything wrong with this phone, and you need to go out right now and get you one! :)

Anonymous posted on Nov 20, 2009, 10:31 PM

I realy, REALLY love this phone and i think you should go get one. The price went down on the phone at Radioshack from $100.00 to $80.00. They still have the insurance plan for $20.00. I walked out of the door with my phone all ready up and going for $98.00 after tax and the insurance plan (and my $10.00 off coupon I printed out). so you might walk out of the door paying no more than $109.00. The phone was exactly $86.59 after tax and the insurance after tax was like $22.50. The insurance plan that Radioshack provides covers everything except for lost or stolen. You can literally walk in the store with your phone beaten into pieces, and they will replace it for free. I have already had mine replaced twice because I sat on it and broke the screen and then for the second time I dropped it in water and then sat on it 19 days later. Again, they replaced it for FREE!!! I LOVE IT! GO GET ONE!

Pros

• The camera takes good pictures.
  • The full QWERTY keyboard is easy to use.
  • The battery lasts for TWO days on the lowest settings.
  • Lots of memory...after all the factory stuff is deleted...
  • After all the factory stuff is deleted, it allows up to 246 pictures and 250 text messages.

Cons

• None so far. I think its the best so far! :)

Anonymous posted on Oct 20, 2009, 6:43 PM

I had this phone for a month and broke by accident. I miss it, and now im about to go buy one again!!! Its a great phone! Get one! Theyre 100.00 at radioshack.....you can also buy an insurance plan for 20.00 with it! im going to be smart and get the insurance plan that radioshack provides.

Pros

• This phone is very rugged and toughg.....until you sit on it and break the screen like i did. haha

Cons

• NONE!!! this is an extreemly great phone!

Anonymous posted on Jun 18, 2009, 10:21 PM

Best gophone ever great for texting and emailing. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• battery life, features, design, keyboard

Cons

• low volume

Mel posted on Jun 06, 2009, 11:33 PM

Great for my Teen

Got this as a Go Phone from AT&T for my 13 year old. He loves it. Texts his little heart out. I buy the unlimited texting package for $20 offered from AT&T to pair with it. I almost bought myself one too.