Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 User Reviews

9.1
8.9

MrKoles posted on Dec 25, 2014, 4:16 PM
Posts: 368; Member since: Jan 20, 2013

Practically the best tablet ever made

MrKoles has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Im not going to write anything here, you can see my comments below if you are interested. One is for sure: if you want a compact flagship tablet you can carry around, this one is the deal. Perfect in every aspect.

Extremely grippy and attractive plastic body. Yes, Samsung is producing quality plastic at last! Construction is rock solid.
I havent had any problems with Wi-fi (owning that version), works flawlessly, even though Im 3 rooms far away from the router.
I know this is not about call quality, but the speakers produce really nice and rich tones. Playing games with stereo speakers is amazing. Sadly, it lacks the deep tones, but I didnt need to turn the volume on to maximum (keeping it around the quarter of the scale).
Just amazing. You bet there are no visible pixels!
Well, this tablet was made for multimedia, and serves utterly adequatly. Video watching is more comfortable at 16:10 than 4:3.
It has the quality of my Galaxy S4, only at 8 megapixels, though autofocus is a little more fast on the Tab S. Oh yes, and the front facing camera makes much better selfies than my S4. ;) Honestly, tablets are not made to replace your normal camera.
Yes, there are occassional lag, but only if Im downloading something heavy from Play Store. Otherwise, Im surprised how Touchwiz became fluid. My Galaxy S4 running on 4.4.2 could be qualified rather laggy next to it.
Its still not perfect...in three words: convoluted beyond measures. While I have been using Samsung flagships since 2011, I still find it more complicated than any other of them.
Works without flaws, does its job like it should. Anyway, Im used to Swiftkey, so I have returned to it by day 2.
Super Amoled on a tablet!!! Do I have to say anything flattering about it? Simply the best, even more beautiful than reality. And you can change saturation at last! iPad Mini Retina is crying somewhere around the corner.
I managed to achieve 5,5-6 hours on-screen time a day (Automatic brightness, adapt screen, no power-saving mode, with 3 hours of soft gaming, and some FB, Ig, Twitter etc.) Standby time is ridiculous, going down from 100% to 99% by one night. Though internet browsing is a bit weaker thanks to the Amoled technology...

devon613 posted on Sep 25, 2014, 12:37 AM
Posts: 127; Member since: Oct 13, 2011

amazing tablet better than ipad mini i had

devon613 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

great tablet great features screen is amazing and the internet is nice and fast!!!love playing games on it very good detail. I have alot of movies I watch on it I actually watch them on the tablet over my tv which is crazy. Must try is out if you are thinking ipad i will tell you to check this out first!

nice build to it very nice feeling and light
great wifi connection better than my ipad mini
fast internet great chrome browser
play all types of movie formats after downloading my torrents
front camera could be a lil better i havent used the back one really
the touchwhiz kinda hurts the performance after you take alot of the extras off it performs better
best display i ever seen on a tablet
last me about two days and great for me on away games

Pros

• nice feel
  • great battery
  • great screen
  • good speakers
  • great browsing experience

Cons

• touchwhiz lags at times
  • too many samsung apps preloaded
  • front camera could be better

JkB_SlH posted on Sep 21, 2014, 9:36 AM
Posts: 8; Member since: Nov 13, 2013

The best tablet I've ever had

JkB_SlH has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great all around tablet
I'm usually using it for Reading / watching movies / listening to music / multi tasking.
I do like many of Samsung's bloatware and features, but some I completely don't like , I think it would be great if Samsung will add an option to disable them in the future without changing the launcher. (for example, Samsung backup or quick briefing)

Touchwiz is better than before in my opinion ,but for some reason it impacts the performance pretty bad considering such a high end hardware device is running it. (Dont get me wrong, its fast and snappy most of the time, but you'll notice the hangs for sure)

Feels and looks great in my opinion I hate aluminum feeling though
Not relevant I think for the wifi model
Speakers and Mic are just fine
Great performer especially when using the reading mode for reading stuff. BTW the performance is good even when browsing in multi window mode
The stereo speakers located on the sides are great when holding the tablet in landscape mode, I would like to have more volume though.
Camera is very good in lighted environments while its pretty moderate when there is a lack of lighting
Not the best but UI speed is good most of the time. It's improved a lot after enabling "developers mode" and changing "DRAWING" scales to 0.5x Maybe the most annoying thing is that I cant disable stuff that I don't like (despite the fact that I do like some of Samsung's bloatware)
Its a total joy to use it every and each time, is it enough for such a question :)
Much better than my Galaxy S4 (4.4.2 firmware /touchwiz version) , mostly there is no need to switch from the basic layout for a commonly used typing (Such as special characters)
hmm, this is defintelly the punch line of this tablet
A regular normal day of usage battery

• MicroSD slot
  • Samsung feature (Reading mode)
  • Samsung feature (Multi window)
  • Samsung feature (Smart Stay)

Cons

• Touchwiz impacts performance
  • Samsung Feature (Bloatware that I cant disable)
  • Accessories are too expensive (Cover book 60$!!!!)
  • No NFC (Why!?, we just started to get along)

JkB_SlH alternatives:

samm.yamis posted on Nov 03, 2015, 3:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 03, 2015

samsung galaxy tab s 8.4'

samm.yamis has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this tab was really good in the beginning, then as it aged the performance dropped, it continue to auto turn off , whenever the batter life is below 50%, it freezes constantly,it have line running through the screen all the time preventing me form taking a good picture, sometimes it will not even stay on if not plugged in.. smh.. i dont like this tab any more

Pros

• the screen is big, i wan watch movies and read on it

Cons

• it never stays on without being plugged in

enassibi posted on Jun 03, 2015, 5:44 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 03, 2015

My experience with the Tab S

enassibi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

An excellent tablet. It is very speedy and responds quickly to my commands. Good battery life and an amazing style. Very slim and light. I love it. The display is crystal clear and vivid. I use it to watch movies most of the time.

Pros

• Light
  • Amazing display
  • very fast and responsive
  • Finger scanner works perfectly

Cons

No Cons

kiran07 posted on Jun 03, 2015, 1:17 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 23, 2014

Bring power in to your life with the new Samsung Galaxy tab S

kiran07 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Samsung Galaxy tab S is one such product from the house of Samsung that has many features that will compel you to buy one for yourself. This is a perfect amalgamation of technology with elegance ad style. You can work easily on Samsung Galaxy s and it has a long battery life to help keep you on the go.
For more details you can refer Samsung India site

msm8489 posted on Mar 04, 2015, 3:02 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 04, 2015

thanks samsung for this tab

msm8489 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i have tab s & it is very interesting & very nice screen ,very good camera,faster from any tab or ipad produced previously ,there is no lack.,very easy to read on this tab,battrey with ultra power saving mode you can maintain working with tab many days,it is simply fantastic i love it too much.

mgerreyn65 posted on Jan 08, 2015, 10:45 PM
Posts: 5; Member since: Aug 28, 2013

The BEST of Tablets in History

mgerreyn65 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've used this device many times at Samsung outlets and now i have got one of my own. People kept telling me not to waste my money on unnecessary electronics but i do not regret. This tablet has everything i need as specially the camera, its stunning 8 MP Camera keeps getting improved over time. Samsung has included many features, so that we can use for our leisure. I would recommend this Tablet to anyone having a conscience.

Its premium design and build makes this device a friendly and awesome tablet.
Call quaility is fabulous
Call quaility is fabulous
3G is Great WIFI Better, 4G Keeps bugging me
Best
Very good detailing on the picture and post processing is very fast and tacticle.
UI Is great very rare lags and slow downs. Make sure that power saving is off to ensure good UI movement.
Very good user friendly device
Very nice keyboard to type letters specially messages and emails
THE BEST! NOTHING BUT THE BEST!
Can you believe that this battery lasted me 3 continuous days.

Pros

• AMOLED Display
  • Screen quality
  • Camera Quality
  • Battery Longlasting
  • Touchwiz
  • 3 GB Ram
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • IR Blaster
  • MicroSD slot

Cons

• NFC
  • 1080p Video skipping

mgerreyn65 alternatives:

Johnb212 posted on Jul 18, 2014, 8:05 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 28, 2014

Great tablet

Johnb212 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is truly a good tablet. I have owned many different tablets before (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Nexus 7, and the original Kindle Fire if that counts), and this outshines all of them. Most of what I do on this is watch videos and browse the web, with a little bit of gaming. I have not had many issues with this tablet, and it is my favorite so far. If you have the money, I would definitely recommend this tablet.

I didn't think I'd like the white as much as I did.
Google Hangouts works well?
Great for browsing the web. Some people have complained about battery life being affected by displaying a lot of white, but I have not been able to reproduce that problem
The display makes movies amazing. It's 2K screen with the colors that it is able to produce is stunning. Best display colors I've seen.
It's a tablet camera, what can you expect from it? It does have flash.
The UI does stutter a little, but I assume this can be solved via an update that switches on the faster cores a little bit more easily.
This is my favorite tablet I've owned. I love using this on a day to day basis.
I have a little bit of trouble with the keyboard, but I am getting more and more used it it's layout.
This device shines here. The display on this device is easily the best I've seen. The high resolution on a tablet combined with the colors is just amazing.
I've only had this down to 5% one day. So far it has always made it through my day, usually with over 15% left.

Pros

• DISPLAY
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • 3 GB RAM
  • IR Blaster
  • MicroSD slot

Cons

• UI stutters sometimes