Samsung Galaxy S6 Active User Reviews

9.5
9.5

Beaustir45 posted on Feb 08, 2016, 7:31 PM
Posts: 29; Member since: Mar 26, 2012

Love it, why AT&T doesn't advertise this phone more puzzles me!

Beaustir45 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love this phone.

I can say that the only thing that holds this phone back in the slightest is touchwiz. It still feels clunky and not that good looking(i don't like the green).

The camera is great in almost any light situation.

The battery is great now that I've had the phone for a while now. I usually get to the end of the day with at least 40% or more left and I feel like I am a moderate to light heavy phone user.

The earpiece is really loud and the speaker on it can get tinny at the top of the volume, but just hit down once and it sounds great and is very loud.

The display is amazing and can be really bright and really dark whenever you need it to.

Don't really have many cons besides the fact that it's an AT&T exclusive, but I'm on AT&T anyway. Also, the side buttons are quite touchy, so I do active them a lot putting my phone in my pocket and getting it out.

Pros

• Physical buttons all around, including home and back buttons
  • Big Screen
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Touchy Side Buttons

snowgator posted on Dec 28, 2015, 3:12 PM
Posts: 3621; Member since: Jan 19, 2011

As advertised, and more. EDITED.

snowgator has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is maybe the best kept secret in mobile phone options. Certainly not cheap, but the Active is an amazing tough phone in a day and age where durable phones are a mid-range option at best. This thing sails through tasks and commands. It is powerful and it truly is an attractive phone. Samsung has done right by this device,and I cry it is only on AT&T.

I am not a huge fan of skins on Anroid. If you like Samsungs UI, you will be fine with this. Camera seems fine. Audio is good though not anything to sell the device on it's own. all quality is fine. There have been a few hiccups- it has been stubborn to load up some games and a few downloads. we have not streamed anything.
While the durability is good, please see the edit on build quality below. It feels like a solid phone. It is heavy and thick, but not distractingly so.

Overall- this is a well designed device. As far as durable phones go, it is by far the cream of the crop.

EDITED: We had the screen die on us. While this in itself happens from time to time, you must have insurance on this. The screen repair is over 300.00 due to the unique nature of this phone. Did drop the rating as it died within 5 months of owning it.
No problems.
Clear enough.
Runs quickly.
Fine, but there has been some performance hiccups.
Not a weekness, not the best.
Not a fan of UI. It is fine.
Very enjoyable.
No problems.
Crisp.
Fine battery life, not the best.

Pros

• Excellent performance.
  • Best in class.
  • Nice screen
  • Good battery life.
  • enjoyable to use.

Cons

• Good, not great camera.
  • Very expensive.

Amideus90 posted on Oct 19, 2016, 2:07 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 19, 2016

Great Durable phone

Amideus90 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has been very durable. i love the underwater features. cracked the screen and I was still able to take pics under water and the phone continues to work. do not charge phone until dry or might give funny actions. i wish this phone only had android apps. AT&T and Samsung fill this phone up with pointless apps. I was an IPhone user form the IPhone 3g to the IPhone 5. I was very pleased to switch over to a much more durable product

it works great and it is durable.
using AT&T i get fair service
After taking this phone intowater. the speakers can mic sounds like there is water and people have a more difficult tim understanding me
I can take crisp underwater photos!
to many service apps i never use. i use google launcher and google keyboard
reliable phone
get the Google keyboard because samsung took away the mic on theres and samsung emojis are sub par
great display for being waterproof and extremely durable. I have a small crack but have droped the phone on some pretty ruff surfaces
3500 Mah battery with power save mode creates a long lasting phone

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Durable
  • Good Battery

Cons

• No expandable memory

jamant76 posted on Feb 11, 2016, 9:53 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 30, 2014

Awesome Phone, Outstanding Battery Life

jamant76 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I switched to the S6 Active after I turned in my second Note 5 due to warranty issues. I wanted to try the Active because of the ruggedized build, as I was tired of always feeling like I had to baby the Note 5. I work in aircraft maintenance so I put this phone through the paces pretty much on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I still take good care of the phone but now I'm not so paranoid about it taking a tumble or accidentally getting wet. Another great feature is the battery life. I consider myself a fairly heavy user and I'm normally in the ballpark of 35-50% battery life when I call it a day. I kept a charger in my bag for the Note 5, but in the few months I've had the Active I haven't used it other than to loan it to coworkers. The display is great, it is really sharp and colors are vibrant. I haven't had any issues with the display in direct sun or while using it in a dark room. The speaker is plenty loud and clear except for maybe when the phone volume is all the way up. I've had no issues with call volume and calls are clear and loud enough to hear even in noisier environments. I dont keep a case on my Active, though i probably should. I do however keep a Zagg glass screen protector on it. Ive dropped the phone onto concrete from a few feet. It was accidentally knocked off my toolbox at work by a coworker and other than some light scratches on the corners it's no worse for the wear. I have not tested its water resistance and do not plan to test it intentionally anyway....

Sturdy, easy to hold.
No problems here.
No issues even in noisy environments.
Works like it should. Quick to download pages, videos, pictures, etc.
Crisp clear images even in lower lighting scenarios.
Comfortable in pocket, easy to hold and manipulate. Sometimes I accidentally press the Active key on the side when I am pulling the phone out of my pocket. No big deal though.
Sharp, clear and displays well in direct sunlight, a dark room and anything in between.
Best battery life of any phone I've owned. At 3500 mah I have no trouble getting through a day of heavy use.

Pros

• Sturdy and well built.
  • Great display
  • Awesome battery life
  • IP68 rating
  • Large enough to enjoy the screen but small enough to carry and use comfortably

Cons

No Cons