Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Samsung Galaxy A71 5G User Reviews Back

roadtrip3500 posted on Nov 02, 2020, 2:24 PM
Posts: 2; Member since: Oct 06, 2014

Promising start

roadtrip3500 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Recently joined TMo and there was some minor confusion with the rep who was working with me... I originally requested the A51 5G, but the rep wrote the order for the A71 5G. Not a critical mistake, so I took it. There's certainly a lot of bloat from Google, Samsung, and a little from TMo, but they're easy to push to the side and out of the way. What I particularly wanted was the 5G connectivity, and while it's still low-band at my home, I did get to experience mid-band at a doctor's appointment, where the phone clocked an impressive 465 Mbps down and 90 Mbps up.

It's a good sized phone and fits well in my (large) hand. The settings are fairly straightforward, and the camera - which I haven't fully explored because I have high-end digital cameras - is certainly versatile and produces good results for everyday shots. I'm using this as a replacement for VoIP service and internet service from my cable company, and the A71 5G shines in both regards. Calls are clear, and whether I use the wireless hotspot or the USB tether, I'm getting steady internet service to my computers.

This is a very good mid-price phone and will do the job for just about anyone who purchases it. I usually keep my phones for at least 3 years, and I expect nothing less from the A71.

It's very thin, and I felt a rubberized bumper case was necessary to keep it well protected. But the phone itself is solid and well made.
Obviously, the closer you are to a tower, the better. But seeing 465 Mbps down from the 5G mid-band signal was very impressive.
At a mid-band 5G tower, it's amazing
I've always had a physical keyboard going back 20+ years - last phone was a BlackBerry KEYone. But the virtual keyboard is large enough that I'm not making frequent typing mistakes.
4500 mAH definitely lasts in my usage.

Pros

• Large screen, fast processor, very good camera, clear calls, charges quickly

Cons

• Feels susceptible to damage if dropped or knocked - definitely get a case