Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition User Reviews Back

Omesh Abeysekera posted on Nov 19, 2010, 5:01 AM

Great Smart Phone from Nokia

Omesh Abeysekera has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Like I have said above I have been using my Nokia 5800 XM phone for almost more than a year , still its going along good, I have installed alot of apps, well on the memory card and seems to be working just fine... an amazing 3.2 inches touch display, good sound quality from its internal stereo speakers, can watch my videos on a tv as its got the AV out, AND MANY EXTRAS..... Overall Great Phone. Highly recommended.

Can grip the phone firmly
Does a good job of searching for Networks, but drains the battery quicker
Can be alot better considering that its a NOKIA
Fast via a 3.5G connection
Good can compete with most smart phones on the market
Average as its a 3.2 Megapixel camera, could have used xenon flash instead of LED.
Works well for the Symbian S60 OS
Sturdy design, good protective pouch, the phone can be trusted to provide you with all your calls, providing the battery is at least half charged FOR A DAY!
Cool, handwriting supported with Stylus as well as its plectrum
One thing I really love about the phone, its got a good 3.2 inch HIGH RESOLUTION display with the auto rotate sensor.
Nokia could have done a better job on the battery......

Pros

• Yup, good phone

Cons

• A phone that can be improved

Ahmed Gamal posted on Aug 10, 2010, 2:53 AM

5800 Amazing Phone !!

Really, it's an amazing phone = 10/10
It's available in three colors (Red,Blue,Black)
I'm sure that it's a fantastic mobile phone
The Best Features : The fantastic design - Touch Screen - Hand writing - music player - lock & unlock phone - colors - XpressMusic - Sharing - Fast & easy using

Pros

• Nokia 5800 XpressMusic = an amazing phone

Abdul Majid posted on Feb 11, 2010, 12:25 PM

5800 Express Music Navigation

Sine 1990 all 20 yrs my first ever Nokia from Motos and HTCs. My phone color is burgundy red and have installed too many apps like facebook, youtube, opera, google maps are only some to mention. Still memory is left about 29 MB in phone. I have an 8GB card inside. GPS works great on the highway as well with accurate images overlay from its own app and from Google as well.GREAT LITTLE THINGY

Jess20 posted on Feb 02, 2010, 9:06 AM

Good phone unless you want apps

The Navigation Edition is great. I love the GPS and the operating system isn't terrible. Web browsing is pretty quick, it is easy to scroll and has not frozen on me once. Call quality is good but sometimes with the speaker phone you can hear echoing. Texting is good but because of the narrow screen its best if you do full-qwerty on landscape. Camera is only ok. Even with the 3.2 megapixel camera, everything looked pretty pixelated. I got a few good shots though. The flash and the zoom are pretty much useless. It tends to wash out things and the zoom blurs things way too much. The music player is obviously one of the best things. Its super loud and with the 3.5mm jack its nice to use my own headphones. GPS can be slow to load my points but its more accurate then my friends Garmin sometimes. My biggest issue was the lack of being able to download applications. I contacted Nokia'a care center and they claimed that the Nokia 5800 Navigation edition is different from the Xpressmusic edition. I never saw the different but I got the same answer from different "specialists". You will not be able to download applications like, youtube, facbook, etc. for this phone. I was able to download about 5 before I mysteriously could not get on Ovi store. If you don't care about getting applications then this is a great phone.

Pros

• Great Music Player.
  • Good GPS
  • Nice Web browser

Cons

• Navigation edition not supported for apps
  • Camera quality could be better
  • OS can glitch sometimes

alexandres 242 posted on Dec 09, 2009, 12:18 PM

Great Phone, Better than expected !

My nokia 5800 isn´t navigation edition,  it´s 5800 in red color. I use  Wi-Fi connection a lot and the browser is pretty fast, the symbian  is a great operational system and the aplicattions are easy to manage. The camera quality pictures aren´t marvelous, but satisfactory  mainly when use flash. My expectations are medium but this phone surprises me.

Pros

• Wi-Fi performance and speed
  • Symbian OS
  • Easy to manage aplicattions
  • Sound quality

Cons

• Battery duration, maximum 2 days, but to a smartphone it´s normal