Motorola i335 User Reviews

baileyboy posted on Jan 28, 2009, 10:16 AM
Posts: 18; Member since: Jan 06, 2009

i335

This is a good intro phone for people just starting with Nextel. I would not recommend it for people prone to dropping or if you have problems with small devices.

Pros

• Bluetooth
  • Loud

Cons

• No Camera

Cyberstoic posted on Feb 15, 2010, 11:13 AM

This is a great phone - for making PHONE CALLS.  The call clarity is fantastic.  It will txt just fine, and in my market (indiana) texts are quick (e.g., within 10 seconds) .  The internet browser the phone comes with is useless and painfully slow.  Search for Opera Mini 3 and put that on the phone and your internet will improve drastically.  There are a lot of other apps out there for this phone like gmail, life in pocket gps, weather alert, etc.  The screen is small and low res, but for under 50 dollars this is a very solid phone that can take a good hit and keep going.  Put a screen protector on the screen as it scratches (like all cell phones do) and that helps increase it's durability and readability.

Pros

• Durable. Great call clarity, Good Phone. Lots of free apps.

Cons

• Small screen size, included browser is awful (but can be replaced with opera mini 3)

ak posted on Dec 16, 2009, 8:50 PM

has not lived up to its name

got to say i had this phone 1 and a half years.  2 days ago, the volume kept getting turned off, today after working with the customer service, i can't even send or receive calls: just says call failed: system busy etc etc.  i had a razr for 2 years before this and it has worked great for me..  so much for its military spec features..

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• bad design, phone heats up, keys and features, not very manageable and what good is a dead phone!

TimothyJohn posted on Jul 28, 2009, 11:05 AM

Just great

I couldn't be any happier with this phone, or Boost Mobile. I guess I don't understand how they are owned by Sprint/Nextel, because Boost customer service is miles above their own. Also, for the price, $50 for the phone, and $50 per month, unlimited everything, it just can't be beat, not even by other pre-paid services. Add the fact that the phone can be used as a dial up modem in a pinch, what else could you ask for, for so little money?
I work in construction, and have no problems at all with this phone. I have dropped it, and have sat on countless times. I love how loud the speaker phone is.
I also make international calls using this phone, and the rates are less than ALL THE OTHER CARRIERS! I just add a few dollars to my account, and I can call England straight from the phone, just as if I was using a landline.
I wouldn't recommend using the phone as a modem for everyday web surfing, as it is slow as heck, but in a pinch, for directions or other information, it's great.
I could whine about the small, low resolution screen, and some other things that I wish were better, but really, for the price?? And I will deal with the odd little cover over the charger port, because it is mini-usb. There are far more expensive phones that lack the usb port. I can charge it directly from my laptop.
Also, you can have your current phone number ported to this phone (and boost mobile) which such a plus. I would recommend this phone, and Boost, to anyone who asks. Why worry about friends...

Pros

• Mini-usb port, works as a modem for a laptop, small, great sound, awesome price

Cons

• Slow on the web on the phone, and when used as a modem

Unhappy posted on Jun 01, 2009, 11:26 AM

Do Not Get This Phone

I have had this phone for a while and the phone constantly freezes.  All of the buttons stop working and I am unable to even turn the phone off.  I have gotten 2 new i335 phones and they all have the same problem.  Some of them act up right away while others take a little while before the buttons freeze.  I don't think it matters who your service is through the phone itself is garbage.

bill thomas posted on Nov 18, 2008, 11:21 PM

i335 phone died in less than 3 months

Shortversion: Stay away from Boost Mobile & Motorola!Long Version: I bought a Boost Mobile Motorola i335 less than 3 months ago. It died on me today. It was working fine when I left work. I placed it on the table and found it inoperable 3 hours later. I didn't do a thing to it! The buttons didn’t work, I had messages in the negative zone (-1 messages, for example), nor could I turn it off. I took out the battery a number of times and the SIM card too. When I started it back up, it still didn’t work. I talked to two service reps, but they gave me a phone number to Boost’s Customer Care. No go. Apparently the repair / replacement division is closed 8:00pm PST despite their website's claim of  "business hours, 4am PST – 11pm PST”. Now I'm out $60+ for having a piece of crap that lasted for less than three months, and will lose the "account balance" that I had.  Because I had faith in a slip shod company, I'm without a phone. I'll never buy another Boost / Motorola phone.Sign me PO'd...big time.

Staci posted on Jun 11, 2008, 10:19 PM

i335

This is one of the better Southern Linc phones I have owned, I love the buttons on it, they are a ton better than the similar looking phone they have if you are someone who texts. The flashing "line 1" on the front screen is slightly annoying and the fact that if you dial the sound it makes is barrier breaking. I did expect more that I got with this phone, when they said it had Bluetooth, I expected to be able to send and receive ring tones and such but Southern Linc forbids such without a head set. Over all the phone is pretty decent though.

nivida2078 posted on May 31, 2008, 8:17 PM

irock

A great phone for a cheap price
i love it

Glenn Leibowitz posted on Mar 05, 2008, 2:45 PM

i-335

True, I am not to keen on that (swing-open) rubber door to charge your phone.
As far as the back lighting goes, some would find that inconvenient.

I have, I don't know how many times picked this phone up upside down in the dark looking for the right button to make a call!

Glenn Leibowitz posted on Feb 20, 2008, 8:23 PM

i335

Anyone that has been raised with playstations and video games will not like this phone. If you live a hyper-active lifestyle, you will not like this phone.

Glenn Leibowitz posted on Feb 20, 2008, 7:23 PM

motorola i335

This phone is hardly a toy. It is a cell phone that is fully functional and the sound quality is fantastic! The only thing that might be worth noting is anyone standing near you may hear both sides to your conversation. I personally don't care but some might.

Mark posted on Dec 09, 2007, 5:59 PM

I do not recommend the i335

Charger goes inside a little cheap rubber door on the side - poor design and will not last. My phone goes dead in less than a day - even if talking 15 minutes total throughout the day, The phone lights up all red when activated and you cannot tell what is supposed to be green - it all turns red. It also gets worse reception than any other I have had. I even have to push the off button several times to hang up a phone call. Several times I pushed it and looked down to realize the call was still active. No wonder it is so cheap.

Tj posted on Nov 25, 2007, 10:10 AM

Great Candy Bar

Just got this phone have had several models of nextel in the past 5 yrs as a customer from the cheapest to the most expensie. i335 It is great! The features are wonderful. Would recommend if you like the candy style phone has alot of features. Priced right at around $50.00