Motorola Moto G6 User Reviews

KC2FYA posted on Apr 15, 2019, 9:08 AM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 19, 2013

Good Mid-Range Device.

KC2FYA has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I received the latest software update on April 5, 2019. I am using this G6 as a second line for weather observations. The battery standby is great considering that this phone has a 1080p FHD Screen (LCD). The battery does drain moderately with heavier usage. I like the different options for screen presentation.

The Dolby Audio does make a difference in calls and multimedia audio. It offers a lot of options like an EQ for each. There is a 3db governor when earphones are plugged in. The UI has a lag once in a while, up to a one second delay. This is due to the Snapdragon 450 Chip set I suppose.

The supplied charger is very fast, 15W output. The phone does get warm with prolonged use. I am using as a "Weather Hotline" for Central, NJ.

Good feel. Feels fragile, opted to get a screen protector & case. I dropped it by accident from my pocket (waist level) and no visible damage.
Excellent in my area. I get 85-90 Mbps on Verizon LTE-A. Got 130 Mbps once.
Good with Dolby on. Could be louder overall. Ringers need help too.
Fast with Chrome Browser. But is intermittent at times.
Audio is crisp with Surround and Dialogue enhancement enabled. I don't like the governor prohibiting EQ settings over 3 Db.
Not bad camera for a low to mid range phone.
Experiencing a delay of about a second or so, even when on calls. Even with high speed data connection.
Last the day on a single charge. I feel the phone is fragile. Need a case & screen protector.
Input os good. Takes some getting used to.
Can see pixels with readers on. Bright for outdoors though.
Great Standby. Otherwise it drains quick with moderate to heavy usage. The supplied rapid charger is awesome.

Pros

• Dolby Audio
  • Great Standby Time
  • Fast speeds up to 160 Mbps.
  • Good audio in earpiece.

Cons

• LCD Display
  • Fragile and slippery.
  • Speakerphone could be louder.

KC2FYA alternatives:

Jeremiahputnam posted on Dec 31, 2018, 6:16 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 31, 2018

Love it better that my S7.

Jeremiahputnam has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have a feeling the first reviewers problems with the crashing and reboots is from him not installing the updates. I bought mine the first of November and crashed twice until it did all the updates (3 then, and one more later). Now it is super stable, finally has usb-c, and has near stock Android, vs Samsung's bloated setup. I am sure I will have it 2 or 3 years like I did with my G4 Play until I pass it down to the kids. I don't even understand why people pay $1200 for a phone when something like this is it there! Motorolla, keep it up, your on to something here.

Could last a little longer, but the quickcharge 3.0 and usb-c make up for it.

Pros

• Beautiful phone
  • No bloatware
  • USB-C
  • Relatively quick

Cons

• Sound is a little hollow
  • Screen color is too cool (I keep the blue filter on as a band-aid
  • No wide camera lens

woodwindow posted on Dec 31, 2018, 10:02 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 31, 2018

Affordable everyday phone!

woodwindow has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I bought this phone on Google Fi when they offered it for $200 with a $50 bill credit about 6 months ago and I have never been sorry. I use it all day ,every day and I have never had a single crash. A previous reviewer was unfortunate enough to get a lemon and his poor rating has made this phone look like a bad choice. I think it is fast and dependable and a good compromise between phablet and too small to see. I love the fingerprint reader and the facial recognition feature that keep me from hardly ever having to enter an unlock code. Battery life is great and I have never had to recharge in less than a full day. It's nice to see that you don't have to spend $1000 to get a phone that can do everything well and with no drama.

No problems in 6 months of daily use.
speaker volume a little low but I use an app to boost them when necessary
I like the panorama option.
I frequently voice text and there are hardly any errors. My wife does this on her I-phone and it is undecipherable.

Pros

• Cheap price for good quality

Cons

No Cons

zurgento posted on Dec 10, 2018, 7:11 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 10, 2018

Great every day phone.

zurgento has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Purchased this phone in September for my mother. The price was unbeatable and the performance is solid. The user experience is on par with my Z3. For her use it is great. She doesn't need the fastest processor or the best performance, but something that will hold up to basic everyday use, and this phone is perfect!

Pros

• Great Price
  • Good display
  • Plenty of storage for every day use

• Processing speed

falloutranger posted on Aug 17, 2018, 7:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 17, 2018

Great phone on the surface, but totally unstable

falloutranger has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this phone less than a week ago on Google fi and have had nothing but problems with it after being very excited initially.

First impressions were great: sleek design, good camera, clean UI, quality display. But since day 1 I've averaged about 10 crashes per day with this thing (some hard crashes, some where the phone completely freezes and needs to be powered off, and sometimes it crashes after a crash)

For $200 this looks like an amazing phone, and it would be if not for the absolutely horrid crash issue.

* crashes using snapchat
* crashes using Chrome
* crashes using SMS
* crashes when plugged in to power
* crashes when opening system settings
* crashes when powering up
* crashes when drawing lock pattern

I can't give it anything but 1/10, this phone is absolutely crippled by crashes.

Pros

• Good build quality
  • Great camera
  • Great display

Cons

• Constant Crashing
  • Freezing