Motorola Moto G6 Plus User Reviews

cjslman posted on Oct 07, 2018, 11:51 AM
Posts: 23; Member since: Aug 29, 2012

Moto G6 plus is a good purchase

cjslman has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

After having a good time with Samsung (J7 Prime), I wanted to try out Motorola. My previous experiences with Motorola (Moto X, Moto Play) were good. First, the G6 Plus design is good and it looks great, although I do have a case on it since it's almost all glass. I was a little concerned about the phone's size, but it is feels comfortable in my hand and have had no issues. The display is clear and sharp. The battery easily lasts all day for me (notice: I'm not a gamer). Something that did surprise me was the speaker volume: it's loud ! The memory (RAM), 4 GB and the storage (64 GB), so far have been more than enough for me. The finger print scanner is fast enough for me. The camera could be better, I was expecting a better photo experience, but it does get the job done. It does have a minor quirk: sometimes the clear icon (X) doesn't show on the loaded apps in the Recent Apps view.

Good design, looks great, but needs a case since it's a glass sandwich
Good reception, no complaints
Can hear clearly the calling person and have had no complaints from people I call
No issues accessing the internet, speed is good
Movies play OK and songs are clear and loud. It even has a Dolby Audio equalizer
Photos are a hit and miss: most of the time are photos are OK (good definition), but sometimes they're noisy.
The UI is near stock Android and changing between screens is fast
Works for me and covering my needs
Nothing special her, normal Android keyboard
Good display, vibrant colors, no issues
Good battery endurance, easily lasts a full day (please note: I'm not a gamer).

Pros

• Good display
  • Loud clear speaker
  • Near stock Android experience
  • Great design/looks (but will need a case)

Cons

• Small quirk: missing Clear icon on apps in Recent apps view
  • Gets warm with GPS usage