Motorola Moto G (2015) User Reviews

8.5
8.9

Rogerj21 posted on May 21, 2017, 7:44 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 22, 2013

I will miss this great device!

Rogerj21 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I hit this Motorola Moto G 3rd gen since Dic. 2015 and to this date i was as glad as the first day it came to me...

I just gonna change this device due to display broke and i had pretty bad experience with other phones trying to repair them before...I feel really bad for this because after a year and a half i NEVER had something to really complain about this Motorola's masterpiece!

This device and The Motorola Moto G (2013) show me how great is Motorola and i WILL NOT CHANGE OF BRAND because of thoose...Such great experiences!...

Pros

• IPx7
  • Exceptional battery life (can compare with a lot of Flagships)
  • Resistent and atractive Hardware
  • New Moto features (by release date)

Cons

• Below average 294 ppi

naveencm posted on Apr 30, 2016, 8:42 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 30, 2016

moto

naveencm has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I would recommend this phone for anybody who wants something that is not expensive and works REALLY well It is probably one of my favorite phones to ever own I also used to own the 1st Moto G and the comparision is amazing

The Build quality for the low priced phone

Pros

• water proof
  • big display
  • 4G support
  • good Battery Backup

Cons

No Cons

navi_srao posted on Dec 28, 2015, 10:41 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 26, 2013

IT is an awsome phone and I got update to marshmallow 6 last week but no one other got it till nowe

navi_srao has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Got update to marshmallow 6 and IT is an awesome phone. Never lags in anything.
just wanted root features or the features that are present in samsung UI and the screen should be amoled. I want to root this device. stock android is fast but boring

Pros

• GOT fast update to marshmallow

Cons

• andriod stock has no good features

Scone posted on Dec 01, 2015, 3:44 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Sep 02, 2015

Best budget smartphone 2015

Scone has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I own this phone since 08.25.2015. It's the module with 1GB ram and 8GB storage.
The moto G 2015 is an amazing device! It feels really fast and smooth when i'm using it. I really like how it's close to stock android, it does not have any skins that slows the phone like you can see on a samsung or htc devices.
The phone at frist did feel a bit heavy, but after using it for a week i get used to it's weight. Phones these days are give more for their look, but even with the plastic material the phone feels premium in my hand. The back of the phone is curved and it fits just great in the palm of my hand. The back cover is textured and it gives a little bit of grip but keep in mind that the side of the phone is slippery. After using it fro a while it did not slip out of my hand expect only once when i grabbed it by the side and it did fall on it's face from 3 feel height, but survived because there is a tall bezel around the screen that absorbed the damage when it hit the flat surface.
I have the white version of the phone but you can customize the look of the phone through Moto Maker, but it is only available in the US and UK as far as i know.
The display is 5 inch long and it's 720p resolution. It has some OK viewing angles and I really like to watch HD videos on youtube on my phone. I think it's more than just fine to have a 720p HD display instead of a 1080p because it will help with the battery life. I've also seen other devices with 5 inch display but they were not even 720p.
It...

It's IPx7 water-resistant. I tried the water test and the phone still fully functional! Every time when it started to slip out of my hands and it was about to fall it always got stuck on my fingers thanks to the textured back cover. The back of the phone gives you a good grip, but when you hold it by the sides it's kinda slippery. I dropped it once face down from about 3 feet high on a flat tiled floor and I thought it's gonna have a huge shatter all over the screen. Thankfully the bezel at the
It's off-contract so it works with any carrier.
I had no problem with callings, it has a loud and clear speaker at the top of the screen.
The maximum download speed with 4G i've seen on this phone was 56 Mbps. I think it's amazing that a 180$ off contract smartphone has 4G LTE.
It might look like but it's not a stereo speaker on the front. Only the bottom speaker is for listening for music, watching movies or playing games. The speaker can get loud and it's clear and a bonus that it is on the front so it makes gaming or watching movies a better experience. It is a large speaker so you don't have to worry covering it up while using the phone.
Overall it's a great camera it can take some great shot at bright lighting, but when you try to take a shot with in low light conditions you are gonna get a lot of noise in the pictures. It is more like an outdoor camera, but the dual LED flashlight helps you take good photos even in the dark. The camera app is simple, but it's missing some features like adding filters before you take a shot, but you can add filters to any photo you have. The front facing 5mp camera is great for selfies.
It has a almost close to stock android experience and it is fast and smooth when i use it. You can move Apps from the phone to your SD card, but when you start to put too many Apps on the SD card the phone starts to slow down and lag a little. I do no recommend to move multiple games especially heavy games(for example Asphalt 8) to your SD card. It can handle 10 or more Apps on the SD card but you don't have to if you pick the other module of this phone that has 16GB of storage. I have the 8GB
It's the best, i can't explain how happy i am! I highly recommend you to get the other module of this phone with 2GB of Ram, because it will probably help with multitasking and Apps longer open than the 1GB Ram module i have.
After a couple of days using it you can get used to it. It's simple and fast, it didn't feel anything like slow or lag.
It's a solid display, the viewing angles are OK, but they could've been better with and Amoled display probably. It's a 720p display and i really like it, i've seen other 5 inch phones and they did not even have 720p on them. People saying it should have a 1080p display, but it's still HD and clear. I'm really happy with this, it also helps to incrase the battery life because it does not have to push that many pixels so it does not use that many power.
10/10. It's the best part of the phone! I'm amazed by the battery life. I could get up to 3+ hours of screen on time with heavy gaming on this phone and with only basic daily tasks it can get up to 5-6 hours of screen on time. If you leave at the morning with 100% battery you can expect it to have around 25-40% (depends on your daily usage) battery left at the end of the day. 1 thing you should note that the battery is not replaceable.

Pros

• 5 inch 720p display (720x1280)
  • 4G LTE
  • IPx7 Water-Resistant
  • 13Mp rear facing and 5Mp front facing camera
  • Almost Stock Android which means it will get faster android updates than a lot of android devices
  • 2470 mAh All-Day battery with 5-6 hours of screen on time
  • Micro SD Card expansion up to 32GB

Cons

• Battery is not user replaceable
  • Does not have NFC
  • No dual front facing stereo speakers
  • It has two modules, 1st with 1GB ram and 8GB storage and 2nd with 2GB ram and 16GB storage.
  • If you live in the UK or in the US then you can get this phone for at least 180$ but in other countries the basic module's price might cost more.

Centuries posted on Nov 22, 2015, 9:08 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 25, 2015

This is a nice phone

Centuries has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a very nice phone for it's price, only 179 dollars unlocked and off contract, but you can see many things in this phone here. See our pros and cons slide, and I'll show you what I really like or even really hated about the phone, overall, it is good.

Pros

• Dual LED
  • 13MP and 5MP
  • 5" Android Device for $200
  • 2GB of RAM (16GB)
  • Fast Processor
  • Good price

Cons

• No NFC
  • Low Resolution and ppi (294 ppi)
  • Dated version of Bluetooth
  • Less Base Storage (8GB and 16GB)
  • Non Replaceable Battery and only 32GB Expansion

Centuries alternatives:

phonefair posted on Oct 26, 2015, 8:01 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 26, 2015

No frequency feature for voicemail alert

phonefair has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Have owned this phone for two weeks. One major problem. There is no setting for frequency alerts on voicemail. Just one audible right after message comes in. Need to hear an alert every 5 minutes or so. Am not married to my phone and do not care to constantly turn on screen to check for voicemail. I rely on this phone for work calls. People are not too happy if I do not call them back promptly. One reason for buying this phone was it's bright screen I had seen at Best Buy's display model. I took mine in and compared them side by side, both set at brightest level. The display phone was brighter and clearer than mine. The Best Buy Phone Store Manager said Motorola may have put brighter screens on the display models. Sounds like Volkswagon Diesel's with their software to turn on emission control only when car's are going through emission testing.

Miss voice mails due to no frequency alerts

Pros

• Good reception in my area

Cons

• No frequency voice mail alerts--Screen not as clear as store display screen

ajdewolf posted on Oct 01, 2015, 1:52 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 01, 2015

Excellent phone for its price, few cons if any.

ajdewolf has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

First off, excellent overall performance and quality, as to be expected from the stock Android software used by the Moto G line.
This phone has many changes from the previous 2014 Moto G. Most of them are awesome and one of them not so much.
Most importantly- the battery life has been improved! Super awesome and much needed for the 5" screen.
The camera's now 13 megapixels. Awesome.
The phone's now water resistant, supposedly. Awesome.
The front speaker's now mono instead of stereo. Not awesome, come on Motorola! It's loud enough, though, so it's not a huge issue.
Overall my current #1 recommendation for a phone in the low-mid price range.

The speaker is mono, no longer stereo.
The battery is non-removable.

Pros

• Good build quality
  • Good performance
  • Good cameras
  • Excellent value

Cons

• Speaker is mono and not stereo

avinashmurali85 posted on Sep 08, 2015, 5:39 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 08, 2015

Moto G3 - My new star

avinashmurali85 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was previously using a Sony Xperia Z1 which recently got bricked. I wanted to go for a budget phone. All I can say is that the G3 delivers the performance of a flagship with it's normal specs. I was inclined towards the Mi4i initially, but the memory card support on G3 was the game changer. Love the phone for the cost.

Pros

• Less weight
  • Android 5.1.1
  • Crisp screen
  • Very less/no bloatware
  • No heating
  • Dual port charger

Cons

• Battery could have been better
  • No fast charging

mithrandir posted on Sep 05, 2015, 11:18 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Nov 29, 2014

Moto g (3rd gen 2015)

mithrandir has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Was looking for a phone to replace my Captivate phone (Galaxy S circa 2010 http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Captivate​​_id4676 . (A good phone, especially after I replaced OS with Cyanogenmod 11). I needed to look for a new phone after I (accidentally) dropped my phone in some water. Although the phone still worked, the bottom three buttons stopped responding to any user input. To switch between activities required rebooting the phone (This really hurt battery life in addition to being inconvenient)

In a cell phone, I wanted (in no particular order):

Unlocked phone
Not too expensive -- paid $260 USD for unlocked Captivate in 2012
Good battery life (at least 1 day through moderate use)
Good display (at least better than my Captivate which I thought had a good display)
Quadband gsm (850/900/1800/1900)
Removable (user replaceable) battery
sd card support
Good call/reception quality
Good sound quality -- clear undistorted sound that is loud enough for my needs
Quality build
Good everyday experience
At least 16GB internal Memory
At least 2GB ram
Bluetooth (4.0 or better)
Able to access Internet
Android OS (at least kitkat or newer)

Not concerned with data support (although it is nice to have) since I do not use data plans (data plans not worth the cost)
A good camera is nice, but it is a lower priorty for me.

I chose the Moto g (2015) since it met most of my criteria. Biggest con was battery -- not user replaceable.

I bought the 16GB/2GB version directly from...

Phone has solid feel and appears to be well made. I have not dropped phone, but I and getting a protective cover to help against minor drops/scratches. Screen is good resisting fingerprints.
I think phone has excellent reception qualities.
No problems hearing either end of conversation.
Access to internet is very good. I primarily use Opera browser.
Sound quality is excellent considering size of phone speaker. Speaker is loud. Can hear music well from 66' (20m) away. Front facing speaker is nice plus, sound not muffled (diminished) when phone placed flat on back.
Camera is good. Photos look good. Taking pictures takes some practice since touching the screen snaps the picture. It would be nice to have an easier way of focusing image before taking picture. Have not taken video yet.
I have not experienced any lag moving between applications. Caveat -- I do not use heavy graphic entensive applications such as video games.
Excellent usability. Very easy to use applications that come with phone. Very easy learning curve. (I wish this would use different colors to indicate who is sending the text msg ie. Samsung and Apple.)
Keyboard (gøøgle) is very good. I might experiment with different keyboard to see if there is one I like better.
Display is excellent. Even though it is 720p, the display is sharp enough on this phone at the distance (~13"-16" / 33cm-40cm) I typically view the screen. The 720p with the great battery life is preferred over 1080p with so-so battery life. The phone is bright enough to use in sunlight. While not too bad, I would have preferred phone to get dimmer in darkness.
Battery lasts for a long time between charges (easily 12+ hours -- note: I never use data connection via moble companies; I also close items (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc.) when not needed/used) Battery charger w/phone is slow. Reccomend using another charger if you want quicker recharge time.

• UI speed
  • Sound volume (loudness)
  • Sound clarity (sound not distorted)
  • sd card slot
  • image quality of camera is good

Cons

• non-removable battery
  • (minor) Camera is not as easy to choose focus
  • Charger w/phone is very slow (about 4 hours for full charge from 0%) Recommend using different charger
  • (minor since cables are inexpensive) Charger is one unit. If you wish to connect phone to computer, a separate USB cable is needed.
  • No stereo sound (minor since sound is good)

Levugladin posted on Aug 17, 2015, 4:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 17, 2015

My opionion on a wonderful budget phone

Levugladin has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Fits into my hand and doesn't feel cheap
Very nice clear
Very good calls
Videos don't stutter
Lot's to choose from
Beats the moto X
Everything loads fast
Bring this with me everywhere
Type fast and responsive
1080P is really nice don't notice a diffrent and is not hard on eyes
Takes a tiny bit longer to charge but only submits towards longer battery life

Pros

• Cheap
  • New android

Cons

• Lower pixel densitity

AvikG posted on Aug 09, 2015, 10:25 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 09, 2015

Best smart phone under 15k INR.

AvikG has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have been using this phone since the past 7 days.

No doubt this is the best phone in its range and also upto 15k INR, let me prove u why

There are 2 variants . One have 16 gb rom and 2 gb ram another have 1gb ram and 8 gb rom.

I think 16gb/2 gb is a smart choice .

Pros

• Phone has got good body and its back panel gives you a holding grip ...
  • Beacuse of 2 gb ram phone is superfast
  • Super display
  • Gorilla glass and water proof coating .
  • Web Browsing .
  • Moto Brand
  • Android 5.1.1

Cons

• Battery Backup.
  • It need 3 hr for full charge .