Motorola KRZR K1 User Reviews

Anonymous posted on Dec 29, 2009, 5:05 PM

razr k1 phone

I had this phone for 9 months and i'm now it was a big mistake to buy this one, this was the worst phone i ever owned and never again, i have another motorolla va76r and this ones is good for now no complaints yet, but the razr k series is a piece of ***!!!

dcfc91 posted on Nov 19, 2008, 4:36 AM

I loathe this phone

I have had this phone for 8 months, And I wish I had never bought it. The sound is awful and the phone it self ia really slow. When you press a button you expect the menu to come up immeadiately but this is the slowest phone I have ever had. The picture on the camara is okay but I have seen far better, The music player also leaves a lot to be desired, If you want a phone for the music player then by pass this one. And it is unbeliebly heavy for such a little phone. The last 4 phones I have had have been Motorolas, I was really loyal because all the phones I had previously were brilliant. But after this one it will be a long time until I buy a motorola again.

The only thing I can say for it is that it is a good looking phone and the bettery life is mediorcre.

Pros

• Good Looks

Cons

• Everything else

BubbaX posted on Aug 16, 2008, 11:30 PM

Works for me!

I like Motorola phones, have had a v505 and a v365. Saw a co-worker's KRZR K1, had to take a look. Always had liked the RAZR's but they weren't quite right.

This phone changes all that. The K1 does everything I need it to do. I've turned off the data features - I just want it to be a phone and a camera/music player - and it's meeting my expectations. Sound is good, it fits very well in my hand. Took about a week (yeah, I'm picky) to set the menus up correctly and get used to its text-ing modes, but since then, I haven't messed with it at all. Battery life isn't quite what I was used to but I got it with a used battery so a replacement would probably take care of that.

All-in-all, a solid performer. Well recommended.

Mark C. posted on Apr 17, 2008, 2:20 PM

Problem phone!

My wife picked this phone out in August of 2007. Within 2 weeks the phone was kicked off the network. Not sure why or how and the only reason I know this is that it stoped receiving or making calls without warning and with no way of knowing this is happening by looking at the phone. Everything seemed to look normal (signal, ATT network logo). When anyone would call the phone, including the ATT CSR, there would be a recording that this number is not allowed to call the phone or something to that effect. The first time it happened the CSR indicated the phone didn't show up on the network even though it was powered up and had the ATT logo and a signal. After several months of trying to resolve this calling ATT and having to powercycle the phone daily, replacing the battery, replacing the SIM card and lastly replacing the phone with a refurbished KRZR the problem still is present. The odd thing is that it happens infrequently (every month or so) and usually the phone can be power cycled once when my wife knows this has happened and get it to work. Occasionally it has to be power cycled a couple of times. So the last step is to get a different phone. So in my humble opinioin this phone is one to avoid.

Juan Carlos Diaz Torres posted on Apr 01, 2008, 6:23 PM

The Phone is the best

For my personal opinion the phone is the best of the Razr Family maybe 2 year ago i have the first Razr and this phone is worst phone i have in my entire life, i one moment i belived the issue is caused for the Cell Phone company in Panama City, but the issue occurred in all company the cell in some moment turn off itself, but when the Cell Phone company offer me this I taken because it give me free, for test, and in the pass 5 month the cell phone no give any issue the sound quality and the performance of the cell is the Best of Motorla, Buy this phone because is the best in the Town!!!

dj ford posted on Jan 23, 2008, 8:37 PM

6.6

rip off for your money

the krzr is a good phone. the krzr k1 is the most high scale krzr ever to hit the markets, but for just a little less features, verizon wireless offers the k1m for $129 with a 2yr contract. it has everything- music, internet, ect. so what, maybe it doesn't have the blue inside and outside finish. but the at&t added those colors and made their price $349 with a 2yr contract. with that money, you can be buying a brand new verizon wireless razr2 v9m which is one of the most superb inventions from motorola. im not saying getting a krzr is a bad idea, but if you want to from at&t- it is.

resolution: buy from verizon. basically same krzr, just loses the blue inside
$220 difference.

jrjr posted on Aug 27, 2007, 11:26 AM

WOWOWOWO

This phone is awesome. I got it for a day now, and...well...it's the BEST PHONE i've ever touched!! I got the Special Edition (K1 red) that supports the elimination of AIDS in Africa. It's slim, sleek, elegant exterior is accompanied wit a powerful, yet detailed software. The external display is clear as well and can be used as a camera view finder. The short-cut keys are customize-able, and the CAMERA, 2.0 MEGAPIXELS~~~ One thing though, is my Bluetooth function is a little faulty. when it's connected to bluetooth, what should be the voice command key becomes a short cut to disconnet the bluetooth. Other than that, this phone is perfect, and I thank God for giving me this Krzr k1 red!!

Novey posted on Jul 03, 2007, 12:02 AM

6.6

Not that different from the RAZR

The only thing I like about this phone is it has the reflective mirror, so I can look at myself. lol. It would be better if I can see in phone display in bright sunlight and touch-sensitive music buttons just like Verizon Wireless has.

Owen posted on Jun 18, 2007, 1:57 AM

extremly better tha the k1m

much better fone not to mention quad band who wants k1m i mean u want a cdma fone that cant roam lol
buy this fone it has been great for me bad thing doe it catches fingerprints easily

Dena posted on Jun 09, 2007, 4:49 PM

I give it 2 thumbs up

I am in love with this phone. It is the best looking phone available but it is more than that. The camera is a good one, takes decent pics and videos as well. I have not had one single problem with it, Reception has been stellar and yes the sound quality is not top notch but it is more than acceptable. Is this phone worth the expense? It's new, buy anything fresh off the converyor belt and you are going to pay too much. I did with no regrets. As for the finger prints, yes it is a print magnet phone but really, how hard is it to clean your phone? Takes 4-5 seconds and looks amazing for your effort!

BERNA posted on Jun 06, 2007, 4:12 PM

5.6

Expensive for what it does

Yes, is a very nice phone, it looks great, but it is expensive if we consider the options and things taht this phone does. For allmost the same price you can get a superior phone with better sound quality and more options!

Mark posted on May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM

Freat Phone

I'm very happy with my phone. I would recommend it for everyone. I love the look and the functions. Good battery life, good camera, unfortunately doesn't have a flash.

George Knighton posted on Feb 04, 2007, 12:10 AM

Just about the best

Just about the best. It's as if they listened to what people didn't like about the Razr and implemented the ideas. 2mp camera and 262K colour make the screen look a lot better than the K1m CDMA counterpart. RF signal strength is tremendous. Many improvements over Razr design. If I had to fault it on anything, it's that the price is a little high.

Lorena Herrera posted on Aug 12, 2006, 3:18 PM

ZOMG!

Wow! This phone looks great! I LOVE the blue and everything! I can't wait to show my friends. hehe. This phone is godly. I dont care what the price is. I am getting this phone.