LG Stylo 4 User Reviews

belieber1996 posted on Sep 13, 2018, 9:08 PM
Posts: 6; Member since: May 27, 2013

A Decent Low-Mid Range Phone for the Price

belieber1996 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The LG Stylo 4, in my opinion, was a good deal at MetroPCS when switching from another carrier. Some of the biggest pull factors that drew me to purchase this particular device was the large 6.2" FHD+ Display, decent camera, and it carried the latest android firmware at the time of release (Android 8.1). Upon installing my 50+ apps and utilizing more than 2 or 3 at once, I noticed the smartphone started hitching on a frequent basis, along with the occasional force close, all of which were frustrating in my experience. The 13MP performed decently when I was outside taking photos of skylines and landscapes, but I noticed plenty of imperfections when inside buildings. The PDAF included on this device wasn't very accurate, and I had to capture approximately 5-10 photos before I noticed the AF was dialed in. With MetroPCS' added support for network bands, I took this phone up to a rural area where signal once never existed, and the LTE shined thorough my whole trip, and that goes the same for the improved HD voice, where everyone on the other end of the line sound clear and articulate. This device served it's purpose when needed, but definitely falls short of my high expectations of productivity and multitasking on a mobile device throughout the average workday.

Strong signals with added carrier bands in rural areas!
Excellent voice quality with HD Voice/VoLTE
Great phone for displaying video, but the speakers were tinny and had overall abysmal sound quality.
The 13MP camera has good quality and HDR in daylight, but picks up plenty of blotches and noise in lowlight situations. The 5MP camera was decent, but definitely not up to par with higher-end smartphones.
The Snapdragon 450 couldn't handle too much with the 2GB of RAM paired. When utilizing the phone with Maps and music streaming, it struggled to power through the tasks, and eventually timed out (which meant I had to restart all the apps).
The phone caught me by surprise since the touch feedback when texting was almost instantaneous!
The FHD+ display was adequate, as I couldn't see the pixels from the naked eye.
The phone provided great battery life throughout my normal day (7AM-8PM), with the mix of constant phone calls, text messages, emails, and occasional social media browsing.

Pros

• FHD+ Display
  • Solid Battery Life
  • Android 8.1 Out of the Box

Cons

• Medicore Processor
  • 2 GB of RAM leaves little room for multitasking
  • Tinny Speaker
  • 13MP PDAF Camera served more as a gimmick than useful

belieber1996 alternatives:

SDavis posted on Oct 12, 2019, 5:23 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 12, 2019

Texing jumps and speakers pops...worst LG phone I've ever owned!

SDavis has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

WOW...what can I say...I WAS a die heart LG customer....but this phone really disappointed me.

I save up for it. My biggest complaint is that when I text someone the test message keeps jumping down and I can not text in peace...it's a big struggle .and he speakers pops...
I did call LG and went back into the store They only offer that I get it set back to factory preset...or send it in...which I can not do and can not be without a phone because of my job is connect to this phone and all other information I can not do with out.

These issues were from the beginning and I did bring it to their attention SEVERAL times...They did not offer a replacement since it is brand new!
So now I'm stuck with a $150 phone that I can not text properly...
I did bring this issues to the branch and to LG when I first got the phone....
I just would like to get a replacement and transfer all my information to the replacement without me NOT having a phone...Just replace the phone....

I have issues with texting and hearing pops on the speakers
popping in the speakers
I'm just not happy with this phone after saving up and spending 4150 for it....Next time Samsung
speed is pretty good

Pros

• It's a good looking phone, but it has a few issues

Cons

• Texing and speakers pops

Jimgordonmathis68 posted on Oct 02, 2019, 5:18 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 02, 2019

Worst LG I've EVER HAD!

Jimgordonmathis68 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Never buy until ANDROID UPDATES are in Sync!bI have been buying LG phones for years, owning literally several! This is my WORST. I say this only because when playing games or searching with many online apps, even Google, your music/podcasts/audio is DISRUPTED CONSTANTLY! Never in TEN YEARS has any other LG phone done this! LG is not "in sync" with ANDROID and their updates. Trying to talk TO ANDROID PEOPLE, FORGET ABOUT IT!

Don't know to blame phone or service.
Don't know if to blame phone or service
LG and Android are OBVIOUSLY NOT IN SYNC... Media always disrupted when performing multi functions!!!!
Confusion while using
Don't know if to blame phone or service
Excellent when OFF LINE
Standard to me
Nice, big screen
Have had better.

Pros

• Nice screen, fun offline, easy to operate in general.

Cons

• Worst media player EVER! BUT only because LG IS NOT IN SYNC WITH ANDROID UPDATES...BAD ON LG!

Eric7864 posted on Jul 24, 2019, 5:12 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 24, 2019

Worst phone I have ever had

Eric7864 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The 3 was much better. Will never buy a LG again. The changed so much it's like learning a new phone. What they changed they should not have. Stylo 3 was great the only good qaulity of this phone is the rapid charging and the battery. The rest is junk.

SamuelLee posted on Jul 09, 2019, 7:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 09, 2019

3 was better

SamuelLee has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had 3 or 4 stylo 3's.... 4 has way worse signal in my house... Florida. Hot outside... Screen is not as wide. Cant remove battery. System updates over wifi only is b.s... Steps it takes to clear catches is b.s.... Headphone jack and pen on bottom of phone now. Better put in pocket upside down.

Bad placement of headphone jack and pen. Cant remove battery.
Bad signal inside. Worse than stylo 3
Always says timed out inside.
Still ok but 3 was better
Screen not as wide as stylo 3
Cant remove or replace

Pros

• It works sometimes

Cons

• Faster when works but not as good as the stylo 3

SamuelLee alternatives:

auee21 posted on Jun 24, 2019, 10:51 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 24, 2019

Best Phone I've Had Yet

auee21 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've seen other people complain about random reboots on their phones, and I was experiencing those as well until recently. They seemed to stop after the most recent update I received, so problem solved?

I've also been experiencing a problem with using my mobile data, but I'm about 90 percent sure that it's a problem with my carrier and not the phone itself.

Aside from those two problems, the phone has been great! I love making use of the stylus and the display is very aesthetically pleasing. The battery life is perfect, especially given how heavily I use my phone on a daily basis. I also find the quick charging feature to be impressive, as none of my devices have been able to charge so quickly before.

The front camera isn't capable of taking a picture that isn't super fuzzy, regardless of lighting conditions.
A few things are a tad slower than I'd like them to be, but the overall speed isn't a hangup in the slightest.
The screen size is a huge plus, and I absolutely love the curved corners.
My old phone had to be charged at least twice a day for the amount that I used it, but this phone keeps a good charge throughout the day. Very rarely do I have to recharge before bed.

Pros

• screen size

Cons

• 5 MP front camera

Josue2010 posted on Apr 07, 2019, 9:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 07, 2019

Great Features!

Josue2010 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is the best smartphone I've had so far. It has great features and functions that I use everyday! The LG Stylo 4 is a great device for a reasonable price. My experience over the last 6 months have been satisfacting!

Pros

• Perfect storage and Amazing memory!

Cons

• Battery not removable!

Chopsticks69 posted on Mar 29, 2019, 11:29 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 29, 2019

Sylo 4+

Chopsticks69 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Purchased the Stylo 4+ last week from Boost Mobile and have two complaints. First I noticed was it didn't have the usual LG Music Player app which I like a lot more than Google's Play Music. The second thing is I am unable to turn off CALL WAITING. One thing I learned years ago is I hate hearing the phone beeping while I am talking to someone. I've let Boost Mobile and LG know and have not received any type of solution(s). I even found a code to enter and that seems like it was a waste of time. I have used five or six LG cellphones through the years and this is the first time I've had these issues.

Did not come with the usual muisc player that LG cellphones normally have.
Should last longer than my LG K20 but it does not.

Pros

• The screen colors more vivid than I was expecting. I love the blue color and I've never had any issues with the camera on any LG I've had. If you don't like the way your pictures look try cleaning the lens BEFORE you start taking pictures.

Cons

• Doesn't come with the standard LG music player only that piece of crap from Google and does not have a way to turn off CALL WAITING.

Doggidaddy posted on Dec 23, 2018, 6:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 23, 2018

Does not rate as high as old stylo

Doggidaddy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Very frustrating cant hear anything especially outdoors!!!# . tried to increase but still not enough volume. Even with plugged in headphones not loud enough. The correctness police worked overtime to make sure you dont get deaf using phone!!!!

Very low volume
Have not used
Dont know what this is

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• Volume too low!!!!!

MagusErroris posted on Nov 02, 2018, 12:45 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 02, 2018

Almost Perfect

MagusErroris has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After owning the T-Mobile version for a few months, I have only two complaints. First, the camera is so bad I'll probably start carrying a second phone for taking pictures. Second, the camera is so bad it deserves to be complained about twice. Mainly pictures come out blotchy or blurry 90% of the time (this almost ruined a trip to the zoo) and the software is pretty much useless for any sort of useful picture taking. You can adjust the exposure, focus, and zoom, but some settings reset after every picture. Most pictures are over exposed and under saturated. Only still macro shots look acceptable. Low light performance, despite the decent aperture, is very disappointing.

If you never plan to take a single picture with this phone, it is the absolute best value you can get for $250 or less. Excellent battery life, T-Mobile bands 12 & 71, brilliant screen, great price point, aesthetically pleasing, headphone jack, rear fingerprint reader, and 802.11AC. Checks all the boxes for me, probably will for you too.

Pros

• Pleasing physical appearance.
  • Rear fingerprint reader.
  • T-Mobile bands 12 & 71.
  • 802.11 AC Wi-Fi
  • Excellent battery life.
  • Nice quality screen with thin bezels.
  • Headphone jack.
  • Stylus, I guess?

Cons

• Software (on-screen) nav buttons.
  • Camera is atrocious.
  • Carrier specific models/features.
  • Only 2GB of memory.

MagusErroris alternatives:

Mmorello177 posted on Sep 12, 2018, 6:08 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 12, 2018

This phone sucks!

Mmorello177 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been a long time Metro and LG stylo user. Loved both and have never had issues. This phone is horrible. apps crash , touch screen doesnt calibrate, I had the whole phone freeze when I was taking a photo today and it completely crashed....thankfully i wasn't having an emergency at the time! I took the phone to Metro and they ran a diagnostic check on it and said everything came back with flying colors. The other annoying thing is that when you text and make a long text it collapses the message so you have to open it if you want to read it. this is bad if you need to take screenshots of threads, and there is no option to stop that. This is not an isolated experience with LG Stylo4, my mother bought hers right after I bought mine and she had the same issues, but she travels a lot and has never had any issues getting calls while on the road and with the stylo 4 she did not receive even 1 call. This is a horrible phone and should be recalled. I have always loved LG but is horrible!

It feels sturdy
I have had calls drop and takes forever to connect
when it finally connects the sound is fair
all apps freeze and drop.
constant freezes
decent photos but nothing to get excited about
super slow
had it freeze up and completely shut down. glad I wasn't having an emergency
delay in the keyboard and if you play games it does not have accurate touch screen even if you constantly try to calibrate it
good color and big screen
decent battery but did not like that changed up their charging cord so all their previous cords don't work and you have to purchase all new cords.

Shaggy8969 posted on Sep 07, 2018, 7:41 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 07, 2018

Lg stylo ans some inaccuracies by phine arena

Shaggy8969 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Sorry but phone arena is not accurate. The stylo 4 does have nfc. It doesnt have 3gb ram like claimed it has 2. Meanwhile i love it. I can see alot of upgrades when the stylo 4 plus is released. But the prime exclusive i know nothing about. Its one of the best low end phones. I can run PUBG Mobile and NFL Madden Overdrive with little to no problems. My only problem is Otter Box didnt come out with case for it it while the LG Stylo 3 plus had an otterbox.

Metro pcs has awesome reception on it.
Needs more ram.
Useit everyday have gotten it wet and still is perfect
Can be a little clunky at times but overall good.
Love it crisp clear and nice
Battery last all day with me using games and faceboom

Pros

• Lightwieght. Awesome all around. Best phone for the money

Cons

• Not enough ram. Thats my only problem

haanul posted on Sep 26, 2018, 4:56 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 20, 2018

Overall Pretty Good Phone (except Camera)

haanul has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

=-=-=-= Update =-=-=-=-
After I've been using Stylo 4 for about 2.5 months, my phone is randomly rebooting. This does not happen all the time; just happens maybe once or twice a week. Reboot is quite fast (maybe 2min) and everything seems to be back working order after reboot. However, this is not good for a CoC gamer like me. If my phone reboots in the middle of an attack, my attack gets messed up and I'm letting my team members down as well. I once had similar issue with G3 after using it for more than a year. At the time, I replaced the battery and everything was okay. I cannot simply buy a replacement battery for Stylo 4. Everything else is pretty much same, and I still like the phone.

There is no score for stability; Thus, scores are unchanged.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have been waiting for a mid/low range phone with large screen for awhile. While nice affordable phones with large screens are flooding Indian/China market, we're not really getting many. (Oppo Realme / Xiaomi etc) I was happy to learn about LG Stylo 4 and Samsung Galaxy J8. It looks like Samsung will not release J8 in the U.S. So I was left with Stylo 4, and I am happy to report that Stylo 4 is a great phone for everyday use, except the camera. Camera quality is like that 4 yrs old smartphones. Other than that, display looks good (don't see anything wrong with lower resolution), like the big display. I am using unlocked MetroPCS phone on T-Mobile, and it has the new 600Mhz band. I play Clash...

Pros

• Huge Screen

Cons

• Camera Quality
  • Random Reboot

haanul alternatives:

lgstylos4ucks posted on Jul 05, 2018, 9:00 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 03, 2018

2.6

DO NOT BUY factory defect Camera distortion

lgstylos4ucks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

DO NOT BUY THE PHONE HAS A CAMERA DEFECT.
I got total scammed with this camera. LG Stylo 4 should be recalled. It is defective and Metro PCS won't give people their money back. LG Stylo 3 and 4 and Samsung galaxy S7 Series decided to place a wide-angle camera on the font of the phone, which is totally insane since wide angle is used for landscapes and scenery, not to shoot at ones face. Furthermore, it should not distort the face to make you look like a monster.

In other words, LG Stylo 4 has a defect. Do not buy it till they fix the camera and the software. I have a GoPro which is a wide angle camera and does not distort my face like that. I'm now stuck with a useless phone, since I use the camera for work. PS. The rear camera is not any better, it also has image bending distorting issues.

Metro PCS should recall, replace or give us our money back! LG says there is nothing they can do, and Google has no patch. This has been going on for months and LG Stylo 3 has the same issues with the camera.

Pros

• is faster than my old phone

Cons

• Camera is distorting with no way to fix it or patch it.