LG Power User Reviews

justForTheRecord posted on Feb 24, 2016, 10:15 AM
Posts: 51; Member since: Jan 17, 2015

LG Power (L22C) - Extremely cost effective and works great!

justForTheRecord has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone. We were on the [big red] treadmill and wanted to reduce our monthly bill. We ran across this newly-released Tracfone LG Power smartphone on HSN in August (2015) and fell in love. It was 1/8 the cost on a monthly basis (for us), had Android 5, and the 4.5" display was great looking and perfect for jeans pockets and such. The only addition we made was the Dmax Armor Tempered Glass screen protector (and well worth it BTW).

We converted all four family phones over and have been very, very pleased. It uses Verizon CDMA towers (which are everywhere) so the service is great. For casual users like us, it runs about $7 (and change) a month per phone. If you are a heavy yakker or texter, run the numbers; it might still be cheaper than one of the big three because Tracfone smartphones automatically triple any minutes you buy. I figure the 365 day / 400 min/txt/mb card will last me all year, for example.

On initial power up, all the phones found our wifi and updated Android 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 automatically. Since then, smooth sailing. The jungle of Google apps Android comes with can be a little annoying but most just sail along in the background and I ignore them. I downloaded a few apps -- we're not power users obviously -- like the Time Warner Cable app (which works great) and a couple games (Sudoku and Solitaire).

Some reviewers have also complained about the memory being too low. It has not been any problem for us even when multiple apps are running at the same time....

Everything works as advertised; from the multipoint focusing to the FM radio!
This phone uses Verizon CDMA towers; about the best network in the country.
Clear as a bell. The occasional echo, in case anyone notices, is the Verizon service, NOT the phone. I've had that echo on all four of my previous Verizon phones.
No problems surfing anywhere (though 99% of my surfing is at home on the wifi which also performs faultlessly).
It has played everything I've seen so far (even CNN works which it does not on my home PC ^_^ ).
Only 5MP but works great, has multi-point auto focusing and 5X zoom (among other features). Frankly, it's just fine for amateur use (and pros buy real cameras anyhow). Set the flash to Auto and it does a great job in low light also. Video recording is rated to 1080p but I have not tried it yet.
Very few noticeable lags in response due to the quad processor and conservative pixel count.
Bought with case, auto charger, and 365 day card. Case is great and phone slides in and out of jeans with ease. I use it all day for various things and at night for the TV schedule (since the local paper is no longer local). AFAIK, the Dialer, Message, Calendar, and Phone Book apps are standard Android material and work great. The Calendar could use an extra setting to repeat alerts (but that is Android not the phone). The camera is easy to use and has a wide variety of intuitive settings.
Works great, speedy, and has lots of extra characters as expected with Android 5.
I find that most folks cannot tell the difference between their iPhone, S-series, or G-series displays and this display. I think it is due to the Dmax Armor Tempered Glass screen protector I installed. It gives the display a deep black background, enhances the contrast and the colors seem just as sharp. Sunlight viewing is okay if brightness is turned up and the viewing angle is 178° or better (ie, it can be read from any angle / direction). As a benefit, processing fewer pixels results in faste
Battery life has been great. I use it 4-5 hours a day and charge it every couple days whether it needs it or not. The increased power demands of the quad processor are deftly balanced by the lower pixel count and advanced power controls in Android 5. I imagine if someone were playing games online 24/7 they would have to charge more often ... but then they're probably going to go for the man-purse-sized 6" display anyhow. ^_^

Pros

• Quad Processor
  • Android 5
  • Display Performance

Cons

• Calendar needs extra alert setting.