LG Bliss User Reviews

6.5

LG BLISS posted on Jul 18, 2011, 3:41 PM

is it good??

LG BLISS has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i am going to get this phone and super exited!!! i need to know if it requires internet and if it is a good phone. please email me!! ninjajoface@live.com if its a good phone! tell me whatyou think of it pls! i dont wanna pay for the service of an internet phone. and dont wanna get itif its crap

Pros

• idk yet! lol

Cons

• idk yet!lol

Ashley posted on Jul 05, 2011, 2:19 PM

Ashley has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is an amazing phones. None of the other phones I've had, have measured up to it. Great, great service! The only problem I have encountered is that it can be kind of difficult to type a text sometimes due to the touch delay. Every other feature on the phone is great!

Pros

Cons

• Touch delay

RC posted on Feb 22, 2011, 4:26 PM

Not bad phone for the money

RC has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is not a bad phone for the money. If you want a better phone then spend a couple hundred more and get it...Only major problem is it can be difficult to input a text. The phone is light but durable and has a nice clear screen.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pros

• Nice looking
  • Easy to use
  • Good reception
  • Nice clear screen

Cons

• Hard to text
  • Difficult to hold

Harley Tubby posted on Oct 31, 2010, 10:29 AM

3.5

The Worst Phone

Harley Tubby has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I`ve had this phone for about oh say 7 moths and it is the worst phone ever!!! I cant get it to do anything i want i would suggest to not get this phone!!

Clinton posted on Aug 04, 2010, 12:26 AM

Terrible Touch Screen

At first, I loved this screen. I only had minor problems texting with it at first, because I was still getting used to the interface, key position, and so on, but soon it just got too bad to ignore. Now, if the screen gets greasy, or dirty, or I don't thoroughly wipe it down regularly, the touch screen will not work properly. Say for example, I press "View Message Now" without having wiped it down first, it will take me at least 14 tries before it presses in the place I want it, if it doesn't press something I don't want it to. This is especially bad while texting, because I go to press one letter, and it either doesn't input the letter, or it highlights ALL the letters around it, or even on the other side of the screen, and either decides to press down the letter I intended, or another letter entirely. I have tried using my fingernail, and the stylus, neither of which seemed to help. Now I am forced to use the external stylus, which is a nuisance by itself, and that doesn't even solve my problem. I have been tempted to throw my phone across the room many times, and have just refrained from texting on it completely. Also, it is very, very irritating that the microSD card slot is located inside the battery panel, which has to be removed to take out the microSD card.If it weren't for this huge problem, I would love my phone. The interface is great, the camera is great, the messaging interface is great, it can play custom ringtones, and it has great call quality, but the phone is...

ambujim posted on Jul 20, 2010, 2:52 PM

Works good so far

I bought the Bliss about six months ago and so far not having a large amounts of problems. Sometimes it will just randomly dial a number out of my contacts and the stylis SUCKS, it is external and keeps getting hung up in my case, they should of put a hole so the stylis slides in and you pull it out when you nedd it. Other thsn it being a US Cellular phone it works well..

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Good call quality
  • long standby time

Cons

• Stylis Sucks
  • no place to put the stylis
  • US Cellular Phone

Mark Pilgreen posted on Jul 20, 2010, 10:04 AM

LG Bliss

Had my bliss since nov 2009 and I have loved it until recently. It started turning itself off and on and then eventually would not come on. Just bringing up the logo and going to a black screen over and over again. They said it was a glitch in the software and I should take it to US Cellular for a download. That didn't work so they had to send it back to factory to be fixed. Maybe two weeks. I heard at the us cellular store that they are not making the bliss any more because of problems with it.

Heather Smith posted on Jun 23, 2010, 9:53 PM

NEVER OWNED A WORSE PHONE!

This is honestly the worst phone (LG BLISS) I have ever owned, and I have owned many. I have never been treated so poorly and with the worst service EVER. I bought this phone in December of 2009 and I am still fighting for a new phone. I took it back to the store 3 days after I bought it as it would turn off when I would go to edit a message. They replaced it with a new one of the same model which I found out in the store; did the exact same thing. Their next plan was to send it away for a "software update" well two weeks later I got it back in the exact same condition, doing the same thing. I've contacted my service provider (Bell - who I am extremely disappointed with over this whole problem) and I've also called directly to LG. I took it back into the store as one of the tech guys told me I had to send it in twice. The Bell store told me to try and call customer service, so I did. On the phone with the customer service rep. in the Bell parking lot I got yelled at saying that I wasn't suppose to call her, and that wasn't her job, and there was nothing she could do about it... So I took the screaming woman on the phone into the Bell store and let them deal with her. Following this incident the in store Bell reps said they would personally call LG and try and figure something out for me and call , which they never did. Now it freezes and shut off, and when it starts acting up it will do it constantly 6+ times in a row until I give up on using it. Recently it has started turning...

Pros

• Good ideas - clearly can't deliver them though

Cons

• The main problems are it freezing over, and over, and over again ... and its now started to shut off randomly... at least 3 or 4 times daily ..

yk michael posted on May 18, 2010, 5:31 AM

Nice phone - No problems so far

I've had mine for 2 months now & I'm actually pretty impressed with the build and call quality. No problems with the phone so far. If you want a phone that's convenient to carry around & works well as a phone & provides quick access to the internet when you really need it, I don't think you can go wrong with the phone at this price. I'm in a Bell monopoly area in Canada so the pricing for use of features like gps, text messaging, facebook, music, etc. is just so outrageous there's no way I'd pay for that, so all I can say is the phone works well as a phone.

Pros

• call quality
  • tough chassis & display screen
  • holds charge & approximate 4 hr. talk time in between charges
  • interenet browser speed
  • easy to understand and use
  • price

Cons

• 2.0 mp camera with no flash
  • external sylus

gboy posted on Feb 21, 2010, 2:50 PM

3 words

piece of ***! i mean when im texting using t9 word it will freeze up! it also has a very unresponsive touch screen! hate the thing! I bought this phone in november, and i regret ever minute of it!

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• everything!

Amanda Dawson posted on Feb 05, 2010, 12:51 PM

LG BLISS

I have had this phone since it has came out. I LOVE IT. You can personalize your photo id/picture text/sms text/ringtones for each contact. There is a zoom on this phone for the camcorder. You can also customize 4 different wallpapers plus add whatever icons want on each screen. The camera itself isnt that bad because it does have night mode. I also love that you can edit any of your photos.It has great sound for you Mp3 player/ringtones.

The only thing that could be better on the phone itself is the internet. The internet works all the time but is kinda slow.
With all touch screen phones it has it moments where it just goes DUH and either freezes or just take a minute to regonize what you want it to do.

The camera could be a little better too and at least have a flash LOL..besides that I think the camera/camcorder not bad at all.

I hope this helps you all.

LG Bliss Is A VERY GOOD PHONE Unlike My Last Phone From Them The LG Rumor (BAD PHONE)

Pros

Cons

• Slow Internet
  • Camera Could Have A Flash

Lilyn posted on Dec 12, 2009, 10:41 PM

I got this phone a week ago and I love it. Sure, the touch screen can be unresponsive sometimes. But it still is capable of performing tasks wonderfully and efficiently. As to the reviewer who said there is no backspace or spell check, both the buttons are available. This phone has customizable backgrounds and wallpapers. The 4 different home screens is really unique and cool. You can customize all 4 of the screens. The Bliss is very thin and light. I would suggest buying a phone skin/case and a screen protector as the screen can easily get scratched. This phone is also very loud, and comes with a stylus which is very useful. The camera quality is not bad, but it is still decent. There is also motion games and a drawing panel. The big font and clear menu icons are a great feature to the Bliss. I love this phone it is great. I would recommend it to anyone who is ready for a sexy touch phone.

Pros

• Good design
  • Good applications
  • Nice volume
  • Sleek, thin appearance
  • Light weight
  • Unique home screen

Cons

• Sometimes unresponsive

FLores Promotions posted on Dec 10, 2009, 8:34 AM

Its ok if you want to surf the web.

Got this phone bc the touch pro 2 was sold out.  I enjoy the touch screen but typing an email can get difficult.  There is no back space key and no spell recognition so you always have to spell out the words.  The camera has no flash and the screen is sensitive when using your finger to scroll.  Sometimes sites don't load bc the images are to big.

Pros

• Light and Compact
  • Pretty fast web

Cons

• No Flash
  • No Zoom
  • No word recongnition for text messages.

Kathy Malaspina posted on Sep 25, 2009, 3:55 PM

LG Bliss

Love the phone! One problem...the retractable stylus did not last a week. The rubber tip came off in the cover. The way its designed I fear this is going to be a continual problem having to replace them.Other then that so far so good. As far as the phone goes...its great.

Pros

• the feature tilting the phone sideways and the format switches. thats great.

Cons

• the stylus needs to be one piece...no rubber tip on the end.

Aunraysis Pollock posted on Sep 24, 2009, 2:46 PM

LOVE IT

HELLO I GOT MY LG BLISS SEPTEMBER 1ST 2009 AND I LOVE IT ITS VERY EASY TO GET AROUND AND IT A GOOD LOOKING COLOR SEE I GOT THE WHITE ON LOL I THOUGHT IT LOOKS GIRLY.  AND  THE NAGAVATION WHICH WHAT I MEAN IS THE GPS SYSTEM IS GREAT I TRYED IT ON MY WAY TO THE STORE AND IT WORKS VERY GOOD I ALSO LOVE HOW IT GIVES YOU THE  CHOICE WITH THE KEY PADS  I LIKE THE STRIGHT WAY AND THE QWERTY WAY  AND I LOVE THE SPELL CHECK ON IT AS WELL I COULD SAY MORE BUT I WILL SOME OTHER TIME PEACE AND LOVE  ALWAYS: AUNRAYSIS POLLOCK

Pros

• I LOVE IT ALL THE WAY

Cons

• NOTHING TO SAY BAD

Desmond Smith posted on Sep 17, 2009, 6:53 PM

Great phone!!

I bought my bliss about 2 weeks ago and love it! If you don't want a smart phone (which tend to be confusing and cumbersome) and you are looking for more than a plain call and text only phone, the LG bliss is perfect! It has a wonderful touch screen and even my giant thumbs rarely make mistakes. No annoying features to speak of and it looks great.

It's real easy to figure out and use without the manual (like LG's always are).

Pros

• Great touch screen
  • sound quality excellent
  • good battery life
  • bright and clear display.

Cons

• really light and large hands take a few days to get used to holding it.
  • you can't really shoulder the phone to fee a hand because it's so thin.

wilson posted on Sep 08, 2009, 3:32 AM

wonderful LG

i am fascinated with its sleek and cute designUI is so intuitive so manual is needlessMP3 sound is very clear and i think  its well made mobile handset

Auctioneer posted on Sep 08, 2009, 12:36 AM

So Far, So Good.

This is probably more phone than a geezer like me needs, but it's fun, (fairly) easy to use and quite versatile.

In addition to the phone function, I was specifically after the ability to take a photograph and email it all under one roof. It does that fairly seamlessly. I don't need high res pics so that portion of it works well. On the flip side, your email recipient will see the sender as your cell phone number and some other gibberish. If they aren't expecting the photo it looks a lot like junk mail and may end up in the trash can.

GPS is a bit balky and so far it can't reliably navigate its way out of a paper bag but what really irritates me is that when I leave the home coverage area, it stops working all together.

I'm not savvy with a touch sensitive screen just yet so I rely on an optionally attached stylus which looks suspiciously like a mini lip stick tube. It also brings to mind the inevitable comparison to the black berry, the Bliss being the dingle berry.

I've only got 5 days under the belt so I may check back in after I put some more serious hours on it.

Pros

• Fairly intuitive
  • Adequate camera
  • Lots of functions
  • Excellent voice transmission & reception.

Cons

• GPS is so-so
  • Access to micro card is awkward

BJ posted on Sep 03, 2009, 3:08 PM

LG Bliss is great for what it is

I bought a Bliss as an upgrade from a Motorola w385.  This is a great phone for what it is, a premium dumbphone.  It doesn't pretend to be a super-functional smartphone.Ratings:Usability: 9/10 - extremely intuitive.  if a n00b like me can figure out this phone, anyone can. Sound Quality: 8/10Camera: 6/10 - not bad, not greatMessaging: 8/10 - very easy to use on-screen keyboard.Touch screen: 9/10 - extremely responsive; shows fingerprints really badly so plastic covers are essential.Battery life: 8/10 - so far I charge overnight every 2-3 days and never go below 2/3-full charge, even with lots of data usage.Browser: 6/10 - Easy to use, just not as good as say a blackberry, iphone, or touchpro.  Facebook, accuweather, and other preloaded addresses make it nice.E-mail: 8/10 - Free easy edge app makes e-mail very easy.Customization: 7/10 - Three customizable screens (main, contacts, and multimedia) make it so easy to personalize.  I don't mess with ROMs or any of the other smartphone technology so can't speak to that.  Nor have I customized ringtones, I just don't have a need for that.Appearance: 9/10 - everyone has their own opinion, but I like the look of this phone (I have the black one).  It's slim, sleek and has good build quality.So far, I'm extremely pleased 5 days in to ownership of this phone.  Very nice device for the mid-level user.

Pros

• Touch Screen
  • Ease of Use
  • Size and Appearance

Cons

• Camera is only mediocre
  • No WiFi