LG AX565 User Reviews Back

Anonymous posted on Dec 27, 2009, 11:22 PM

I have no idea what these bad reviews are all about... I've had this phone for coming on 23 months now..  It's finally time to get another because the inside screen sometimes goes black, but only SOMETIMES.  And I've had an excellent battery life, for a 23 month old phone I can still charge it at night and go through the whole day talking and texting and not have to charge it at night until the next day; plus I've put on 344 hours of talking on the phone.  Texting isn't that much of a problem although the t9 is a little different.  Music is good enough for me so i have no complaints!  But from what I'm reading on these other posts maybe I just got the godly phone that is perfect.

phonesavy posted on Jul 10, 2009, 10:40 PM

1.3

Mr

On my 3rd phone. 3 new battrey in 12 months. New battery last 24 hours on standby. Alltel claims no problem with the phone. LG has lost its edge to make quality phone and are sloly going back to their old standars of lucky Goldstar which use to be at the bottom of quality list Yes even worst them Emmerson. Stay away from this phone. Recomend use a different brand.

Pros

• You must be joking...what pros.

Cons

• it is by far the worst phone I ever bought in my near 17 years of cell phone usage.

Anonymous posted on Jun 24, 2009, 11:01 AM

I loved this phone until it started making loud crackling static noises.  It started dropping calls and and not even allowing me to make calls sometimes!  Very frustrating!  My replacement started doing the exact same thing a day later.  Needless to say I'm switching phones

Keaton Adams posted on Jun 12, 2009, 6:27 PM

Terrible Phone

Do not buy this phone!!!! I cannot store words anymore and I cannot receive calls on my phone anymore. This is my third one. Worst phone. Do not buy!!!

Pros

Cons

• Personal Dictionary Breaks
  • Cannot receive calls
  • Not durable
  • Cannot use MP3 as ringtones

Anonymous posted on Jan 20, 2009, 8:41 PM

Would not recommend!

I have had four of these phones in the past 5 months.  The first one wouldn't turn on after 3 days, the second one the front screen went blank and the third one stopped getting ANY service at all.   T9word is basically worthless after it fails to hold your custom words.  I would not recommend this phone to anybody.

Pros

• Front screen touch is cool

Cons

• Low durability
  • Bad software glitches
  • Bad sounds

christy posted on Jan 20, 2009, 4:29 PM

I don't recomend this phone!!

I have had this phone for less than a year and already i have had to replace it twice. the T9 would not save any new words. I had alot of trouble with my calls actually coming through. I would not recommend this phone for anyone!

emily posted on Jan 12, 2009, 4:15 PM

This phone sucks!!

I have had 4 of these phones since may. Everytime alltel replaces it, it breaks AGAIN! It has had a software issue everytime and once in awhile calls wont even go throgh to my phone. The only way i know that they called is if they leave a voicemail. T9 word breaks everytime and texting is slow. They want to give me another one and i refused. They also dont believe me that other people are having problems with this phone and it striaght up sucks!

Coleman posted on Dec 09, 2008, 1:32 PM

Had to get a replacement

After having the phone for 6 months and enjoying using the fm transmitter (since my car's cd player doesn't work) the ringtones would not play through the speaker. I also couldn't use my speaker phone anymore. I had to keep my phone on vibrate until I got a replacement. Also my phone would reboot alot.

Pros

• fm transmitter
  • mp3 player

Cons

• had to get a replacement because of speaker
  • can't set mp3's as ringtones

scgirl posted on Dec 02, 2008, 10:48 AM

LG AX565

I've had the AX565 since March, and have to admit, I don't really use all of the MP3 or FM transmitter functions.  I do have problems with the ringer and sound notification.  After having worked properly one morning and having NOT been dropped or damaged, there is no sound coming from my phone at all.  The speakerphone does not work, no ring tones, no text notifications, nothing.  I can't get the phone to make a sound.
I have typically been happy with LG phones, but this one seems less reliable than others.  I do not like how slick and 'slippery' this phone seems to be.  It always looks dirty and is too easy to drop, due to its slick exterior.

Mike F. posted on Nov 27, 2008, 4:46 PM

First and Last LG

I was a spoiled Nokia owner for more than 2 years of the 6255i. I don't even know why I bought the phone other than it looked cool and was in my price range. I'm glad my contract is done on it by the time I get back from Iraq so I can find a new phone...probably be Ebay and another 6255i.

Pros

• Camera isn't bad
  • fm transmitter can be nice
  • bluetooth to PC is nice

Cons

• If you like to hear your phone ring than this isn't your phone. If you like the option of using whatever you want as a ringtone than this isn't your phone. If you like your FM transmitter to all of a sudden change the volume and depth of the song than this isn't your phone. If you are abusive to your phone and don't want to see the circuitry under the black paint than this isn't your phone. If you like to be able to tell which side of the phone your opening than this isnt your phone.

keekee posted on Nov 26, 2008, 8:40 AM

my phone froze on me in the middle of texting. so i sent it in 2  u.s cellular it took 3 months to repair it all they did was replace the whole phone. now i'm having problems with recieving calls and makings calls. the only way i know someone called is if they leave a voicemail

14Lines posted on Sep 20, 2008, 10:05 PM

LG AX565

Longtime LG phone user.  Switched from AX8600 to Scoop (which was less than impressive in all areas other than texting) and then switched to the AX565 mainly for the FM transmitter which works great.  Live in a rural area with few radio stations, so can listen to "good music" at the touch of a couple of buttons.  Works well with messaging for a single keypad phone.  Camera is decent, and does have the "self-portrait" feature.  Headphones work well and no issues with answering calls when listening to music.  Using microSD card for memory, so no issues with memory.  Only issue I have had with it involves the volume for times when not using headphones.  Would be nice if the speaker volume would go a little higher.  Bluetooth works well and love the ability to transfer files from phone to phone or phone to PC with it.  Would suggest it unless ringer volume is something you need.  Speakerphone however is LOUD.

Pros

• fm transmitter, dual camera, easy to use, speakerphone, bluetooth

Cons

• lower ringer volume.

stevelgax565 posted on Sep 06, 2008, 4:54 PM

nice features- low durability

have had ax565 for 3 months. liked the features- camera phone and ipod for the price of a microsd card($12.00)
 most features work good except for the fm transmitter- it seems weak not able to transmit music to car stereo without a lot of static.
bluetooth works great- headphones ( motorola- available seperately)  give awesome sound  and take calls too! may be a little chunky for constant use.
HOWEVER - durability may be an issue. the inner screen has stopped working correctly- goes all white, nearly unreadable. called alltel and they sent a replacement. it had a problem where when the up arrow button was pushed the screen went all diaganol lines like tv sets used to do. hope the 3rd one works- because i likie the features and am used to this phone now.
have never had a defective phone in the past so  2 in a row seems like a lot.

Pros

• mp3
  • makes good calls
  • microsd - lots of pics and music storage

Cons

• durability -screen stopped working in three months.
  • FM transmitter pretty worthless
  • mp3 does change tone sometimes

Kudzoo!! posted on Aug 27, 2008, 10:49 PM

LG AX 565

I have had the phone in question for 3 months. I had the AX8600, nice phone, Although Alltell won't tell me everything wrong with the phone, it had a extened DOA, or dead on arrivail. The option they gave me ws $150 bucks for a replacement of my chioce, or even exchange from the 8600 to the ax565. I choose the 2nd opt.
Alltell had problems with the green, and red and silver 8600 hinges breaking, the blue one that I had only had software issues. So they pulled the 8600's off the shelf after so many reutrns. Alltell locked down all of ther phones after the 8600 for Mp3 to ringtones, they found out it was allot of money slipping out of there hands. The ONLY phone that Alltell has that can use MP3's as ringtones is the Blackberry, go figure.
Be sure to check out the templates in the camera options, bonus!
The FM transmitter works, period. Also you can shoot a 15 second clip of video, and use it as a wallpaper on iether screen(without sound) bonus!
I use a 2GB micro SD card, flawless, I can format a full length movie, and watch it with sound for the full 2hours
I use a software format utility just to convert dvd to mobile, Most movies end up at under 700 mb, with great soung and picture quality.
If you use the MicroSD card to hold camera images, you increase your video shoot time from 15 sec, to 1 hour....
or more depending on avalable SD card space....
As a MP3 player, if you got the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable with the phone, you can use your own earphones
I use Phillips Noise cancelling...

Pros

• Able to watch full length movies
  • Mp3 and ACC playback
  • Larger buttons, for small fat fingers....
  • clam shell design, instant key lock

Cons

• Cannot use MP3's as ringtones
  • That the only drawback....

Anonymous posted on Aug 22, 2008, 2:08 AM

im sorry but alltel does suck.im always having problems with them my phones always roaming and they sneak in all these bogus fees and they gave my the shittiest replacemnet phone ever that broke a week after i got it.and going through the bullshit to get a replacement is hell.but i guess thats most phone companys none of them are ever truly descent like politians

Sam posted on Aug 02, 2008, 2:07 PM

LG - Ax 565 phone

Great Phone, outstanding phone qualities. If looking for a great MP3 player, keep looking. FM transmitter, just like any other external FM transmitter SUCKS. Battery life poor. Get a car charger.
I paid $0.99 so I am not complaining. Actually for that price enjoing it.

Allie posted on Jul 26, 2008, 11:47 PM

3 broken AX565 so far...

Has anyone's LG AX565 broken or had software problems? I've had three replacements already from Alltel since I purchased the phone in early March. First time just stopped keeping calls connected...each and every call ended at precisely 12 seconds. Second time, the phone stopped working altogether after 4 weeks or so. Third time, it is doing "weird" ghost like things where it scrolls through features, options, menus on its own. Sometimes won't place calls at all. Alltel wants to give me the same phone again for the 4th time, and I don't want it! I am obviously very curious if folks have had similar problems? Let me know! Thanks.

rlynn04 posted on Jul 22, 2008, 1:02 PM

RRR

Has anyone had any problems with this phone dying very fast??!!! i first got this phone bout a couple months ago and it would just die in the middle of day even if i charged it at night and soo i got a new one (same pphone) and it just keeps dying!!!!!! Im fed up!!!

Alex posted on Jul 16, 2008, 12:18 AM

Excellent Music Phone

This phone is fantastic! It doesn't look very fancy on the outside, or the inside, for that matter, but it has excellent recption, battery life, and a fantastic built-in music player. It is completely customizable and comes with more built in themes and ringtones than I have ever seen before on a phone. And there is one thing that was not mentioned about this phone in the officail review, this phone CAN BROADCAST MUSIC ON ANY FM BAND YOU CHOOSE!!! It is really fun to use. this feature works with good quality from about a foot away from the radio receiver on stations with a strong signal, and gets good quality from over two yards away on stations with a weak signal.

Joe posted on Jul 07, 2008, 4:29 PM

Well to start off.

Well to start off, the phone is great for music lovers. It's light, has internal and external memory options, and exterior keys for easy navigation through music and text messages. I've owned this phone since May, and I have dropped many times, I've found that it's extremely durable. The camera is good for the average people, it has options but I would really would've liked to see mroe options. Perhaps this is one of Alltels best choices for phones.

Amanda posted on Jun 16, 2008, 12:56 AM

Was sceptical but love this phone!

I just got this phone on friday and I am already it's biggest fan. I took in an older model LG that was horrible and Alltel replaced it with this phone. I love the key pad, which makes texting very easy. The chat style texting option is by far my favorite. Basically this means that you can view the back and forth texts from you to another person in a screen that you can just scroll through. It almost makes it look like you're chatting on AOL or MSN messenger. Makes it much easier to see the whole conversation. I've already told members of my family to get this phone. Speaker quality is great, screen is a really nice size, and features are great. My only disappointment is that I have not been able to set a tone that a friend texted me as a ringtone. I can get over that though. My biggest concern, the reception, has been squashed. With my former LG reception was crap. This phone has worked amazingly well, even far into the country. Good job LG

Carlos posted on May 24, 2008, 5:31 PM

Chat style texting??

I see some of you have mentioned the chat style texting?? What is that all about and how do you apply that setting??

aaaaaa posted on May 19, 2008, 3:46 PM

aaaaaa

i agree with you guys awesome quality ive dropped it 10 times never broke GREAT

tttttttt posted on May 19, 2008, 2:29 PM

ttttttttttttt

first i would like to say all of you who say this phone can kiss my white ass. this phone is by far the best of flip phones and if you dont like flip phones than go ahead and buy one of those cheap sliders that break in a few days, go ahead. all of you who hate alltel acually almost got me not to buy this phone and i figured i would take the risk and guess what.. signal everywhere! what a surprise? do you guys not get it, this phone is insane. the mp3 is good 10/10 the camera is pretty good 8.5/10 the design is good 9.5/10 (all of you who think its to thick, the razr is like the same so quit complaining) All of you who say texting is bad on this phone most not have realized the chat style messages so texting is 10/10 signal is definately 10/10 because i have had 2 bars or more everywhere i go and i have only roamed once and that was in the car for about 30 seconds. all of you who continue to harrass alltel becuase they are bad, please acually learn about them before you act so predujiced. if you wanna criticize somebody than criticize a company that deserves it, AT&T because with (more bars in more places) you get 1 bar everywhere which is useless cause you need 2 to be on their network, but thats for another day. i hope this helps

Anonymous posted on Apr 29, 2008, 7:15 PM

When receiving messages when phone is closed hold the music button until it says keys unlocked then put finger on play/pause and you should be able to veiw the message externally