Google Pixel 3 User Reviews

7.5

highwaysnobbery posted on Mar 15, 2019, 8:27 PM
Posts: 53; Member since: Feb 19, 2013

Great "Just the phone"

highwaysnobbery has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is quick, takes great pictures, and works great for calling. There have been people with various issues but I haven't experienced them save one. It flickered the FF camera flash (all white screen) a couple times while it was plugged in and I was on a call. I like this as they generally leave Android alone and don't add too much which is what I want.

I have yet to have a dropped call with this phone. I use Verizon, though I bought it from Google.
Still perfect calls. There are some as the review above that have had issues though.
Night Sight, wow.
This thing will move.
It's easier than the 2 XL was but your mileage will vary on hand size.
Should really have been a 1440p.
It can always be a bit bigger. But I go to bed at night with about 20% so that's good.

Pros

• Mostly Bare Android

Cons

• Flashed a couple times unprovoked.
  • A flagship that isn't 1440p.
  • Bigger battery

Adolfobt posted on Jul 16, 2019, 1:28 PM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jun 17, 2012

Unlocked Version Using on Verizon

Adolfobt has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After 7 Months of use, the Phones battery life last well enough to last 10 hours of heavy use, 24 or more with regular use. Camera is fast enough to catch 99% of important moments. Has just the right amount of features to ensure a great shot 9 out 10 times. As for the dumb talk here from the other reviewers, a very important issue is being ignored, call quality, static and dropped calls have little to do these days with our phones and more to do with the Carrier your using. Bad reviews for the wrong reasons. This phones call making features are as fast or faster than any of the 500 phones I've had in my hands. Design is boring and does little to please the eyes but it fits in the hand nicely and will accommodate most hand sizes. Display is more than good yet in direct sunlight I do need to slant the device in a few angles to see the screen clearly. It's not that bad, not the best, but definitely not the worse. Speed is very nice even with over 150 apps downloaded. Media plays very good and fast. Overall I give this phone a 9.5 out 10 simply on its lack of outdoor brightness and for big finger people the typing can be a challenge, not awful but it could be better.

Pros

• Great design and Size, Battery is Good, Pics are really good, Call quality (Verizon) is Great.

Cons

• Outdoor Display Brightness could be better.

Adolfobt alternatives:

SleepyLink posted on Mar 01, 2019, 11:22 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 01, 2019

Great Improvement on the Pixel Series

SleepyLink has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a few months and am in love with it. The phone is sleek and very fast. I haven't had any storage issues or crazy reception issues like other reviews. The phone is above average in my opinion. The Default updating to the Google Photos makes it easier to save storage space .

I've had one issue with poor call quality but it was likely the area I was in. I primarily use WiFi Calling.
I've had a few phones from Samsung Galaxy S8, Pixel, LG and this is by far the strongest WiFi signal and least dropping
Average Camera, extra filters and stuff that should be an add in not a default Camera function.
Quick Boot, fast response time, hasn't frozen yet.
Crisp and responsive.
Charges Quickly, lasts quite a bit, has wireless options.

Pros

• Fast
  • Sleek exterior
  • Decent Camera

Cons

• Extra features on camera that aren't necessary, just requires a few adjustments to turn off

nzundel posted on Jan 28, 2019, 4:25 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 20, 2014

Great a everything BUT being a phone!

nzundel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

While it's camera is great, looks amazing and has cool features (call screening, digital wellbeing, etc.) I DO NOT recommend this at all and actually miss my 4 year old Mototrola Droid Turbo that I gave up for this. Here it goes:

1. Biggest issue is it's phone functionality. It's not consistent so I've had a hard time proving it to Best Buy/Google. Occasional static on my side, takes longer than normal to dial out (it's been upwards of 1/2 minute), on some calls they can't hear me but I can hear them perfectly, and finally while it does connect with my car to play music and shows incoming/outgoing calls it doesn't pic up my voice or play the other side. A little research shows this is a normal issue on this model... probably why BestBuy is selling it at a deep discount then screwed me over and wouldn't take the return. Google customer support had me reset all network/phone settings and that worked for a few days but back to having issues on a phone that's less than 1 month old.
2. 64GB is definitely NOT enough. I barely have any music/photos and it's already at 50% capacity... if my #1 con didn't dissuade you then be sure to get the 128GB.
3. It's extremely light and slick so will easily fall out of your pants. Invest in a case and screen protector.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new one but regret it... I miss my Droid Turbo.

Too slick, seems to be designed to increase drops
Takes forever to make outbound calls, static on the line, drops LTE when you're near wifi
callers can't hear me, no audio/mic when connected to my '15 Expedition
The phone doesn't work and Google knows it's an issue but hasn't fixed t.
normal
looks good
lasts the day

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• Doesn't work as a phone!
  • Static
  • Dropped calls
  • poor phone bluetooth connections