x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input9.6/10
Everyday usage9.7/10
UI speed9.6/10

FreshPrinceOfH
posted on yesterday, 10:36 (Posts: 47; Member since: 31 Dec 2017)

Awesome

FreshPrinceOfH has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The smoothest, most fluid and cohesive experience on any android handset. Fantastic camera, excellent fit and finish. Don't let the specs of other devices fool you. Use the pixel for a week and you'll see what the fuss is all about. This is the yardstick that other android handsets are measured against.

Pros

• Fast and smooth
  • Timely updates
  • Good in device live support
  • Unparalleled camera
  • Excellent battery life

Cons

• Speakers can suffer from vibration
  • Not the highest screen to body ratio
  • Perhaps not flashy enough looks for some

kingkoopa765
posted on 18 Apr 2018, 12:40 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)

Near Perfect phone

kingkoopa765 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had the original pixel XL and this improves on it in every category. People's complaints with the screen were not an issue after the first update a week after launch, being able to adjust color. That was more of a software settings on android 8.0 than it was a hardware problem. Camera is amazing and the speed is blazing. Only 2 small points keeping this from being a 10 is the lack of headphone jack and wireless charging. Google is really headed in the right direction with this line of phones!

Pros

• incredible camera
  • fast and smooth UI

Cons

• no headphone jack
  • no wireless charging

dragon76
posted on 20 Mar 2018, 15:06 (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)

WOW.... that is all I got

dragon76 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had several 2017 Flagship smartphones, and this is just overall amazing with the only flaw being the fact that I have smaller hands.... but with this phones amazing camera that overall is my new number one of 2017. I only really have one issue and that is this phones screen doesn't pack a punch like Galaxy S8. But the Pixel's camera is where this phone outshines all others, but I wish it had manual settings built in but I will more than gladly use one of the awesome ones available on the Play Store. I also have the LG V30 and I will say it has a great camera but most of it is because of LG's camera app and the tricks it can do. The front firing speakers are impressive and make me wish HTC could have put them on the 10 and u11.

• Front Firing Speakers

Cons

• big "footprint"

applesnapple93
posted on 29 Jan 2018, 22:45 (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Jan 2016)

Best Phone on the Market

applesnapple93 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

At first I was hesitant to get the Pixel 2 XL as I am coming from the Pixel and Nexus 5X before that. I always preferred the smaller one handed devices, but was extremely disappointed with the standard Pixel 2 design, build quality, and audio quality. This phone scared my after seeing Phone Arena review and everyone blowing up supposed screen issues online.

After receiving it I quickly got used to the size of the phone and the standard Pixel felt small to me. I noticed how deep and clean the stereo speakers wanted and this is definitely nice and the build quality is top notch. The battery life on this phone will last me at least a day with very heavy usage and high screen on time hours. If I need to charge my phone mid day, the fast charging is really convenient. Coming from a Google Pixel, I didn't see how a phone could get snappier, however this phone flies. I can heavily multi task without any slow downs what so ever, even PiP does not slow it down. The only complaint I have is the stock android messages app needs to be completely redesigned as it is way too slow, but this is easily fixed with Textra. On to the screen... I saw how much the internet blew this out of proportion and this is what made me the most nervous about buying the phone. When I received it the first thing I did was check for the blue tint on the angle and you will notice it is there if you are trying to see it. It really is not bad, and I compared it to my standard Pixel, all OLED screens are effected by...

Pros

• Speakers
  • Fast
  • Fast Charging
  • 2 year warranty

Cons

• Price
  • Sometimes google keyboard gets unresponsive for no reason
  • Stock Android Messages app is slow and clunky
  • hard to find a good case with a lip that extends past the screen because of curved display

applesnapple93 alternatives:

abdane
posted on 06 Dec 2017, 12:21 (Posts: 497; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)

Best phone currently

abdane has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The phone is perfect for me, the build quality is amazing, camera is superb, battery lasts me more than a day. very snappy and fast software. Duel front facing speakers are amazing as well. The only thing I wish google made better is the screen. Yea, it is not the best in the market (Note 8 is the best obv.) but all the other features make up for it IMO.

Pros

• Very fast
  • Best camera
  • Duel front facing speakers
  • Long lasting battery
  • Android vanilla

Cons

• Display could've been better

abdane alternatives:

floppypickle
posted on 02 Apr 2018, 17:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Apr 2018)

10/10 phone

floppypickle has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I honestly don't know what's wrong with the display. The blue shift is very minimal and not as bad as what the media says it is, and I barely notice it after a while. It's really sharp and if you don't like the natural colours, there's a saturated mode that makes it look pretty much on par with phones that have Samsung displays.

Pros

• Water resistant
  • Day 1 software updates
  • Crazy good camera, just google #teampixel and see for yourself
  • Haptic engine is so nice
  • ActiveEdge is so convenient
  • VisualCore processor gives me perfect photos, even on Snapchat
  • Stereo front facing speakers
  • Free unlimited photo/video storage at original quality
  • Buttery smooth UI
  • Super fast fingerprint sensor

Cons

• Battery lasts a little too long so I don't know if I should charge or not at night
  • No headphone jack
  • No wireless charging

Blessings
posted on 01 Apr 2018, 20:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Apr 2018)

Do not buy

Blessings has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Phone was dropped.fro. less than 3 ft
Screen totally cracked. Lines on the side and in a OtterBox case. For this kind of money this should.not happen. I am so sorry I bought this. I have ads now.popping up. Never had.thisnon any other phone
Not worth the money.

Pros

• Noting

Cons

• Phone was dropped from 3 feet screen cracked lines on the side. 800 for a phone with a screen that will.do this easily. It was also in a.otterbox case. Do not buy

jburgos30
posted on 04 Feb 2018, 21:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Oct 2015)

Excelent!!!!

jburgos30 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is an excellent team, the design is not the last but it looks good, the perfect camera and everything else very well. It's the best phone I've had so far and I've been a user of the Samsung note line and also of iphone.

dcolmusic
posted on 08 Dec 2017, 11:43 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Dec 2017)

Great device but wish it had better screen

dcolmusic has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm happy with my pixel 2 xl. I also have the Note 8, I wish I could combine features of both together. I Love the battery life, camera, and how the pixel just integrates with my life so well. Gives me little notifications of things that I don't get even from my Note. I love the speakers, but wish it had a headphone jack. WIsh Spigen had better cases for it like the Note but Oh well--It is a keeper

Sheldon585
posted on 28 Nov 2017, 08:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Nov 2017)

I can't praise it enough

Sheldon585 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is hard to write an unbiased review on this device because I am a Google fanboy through and through and have been a loyal since the original G1. With that being said I will keep the gushing to a minimum and be as plain and clear as I can. First off, take what you hear in media with a grain of salt. All the reported issues about screen resolution and blue tint and burn in seem to be targeted instances because I do not notice any of that after over a months use. The screen looks very natural and not over saturated like Samsung displays which people rave about. It may take a bit to get used to but after a week I think you start to appreciate it and how it makes pictures look. That brings me to the next topic...

Everything they say about the camera is true. Portrait mode works like a charm, the live or motion pictures feature is a nice touch, it is fast and responsive and takes natural pictures with clear precision and detail. Best camera I have ever used on a smartphone without a doubt. I thought that about the original Pixel which I had prior.

The last two points I want to make are how smooth and quick this device is as well as it's battery life. The battery life on this thing is my number 1 point of enthusiasm with this phone. They only increased the size a tiny fraction from the previous model but something else is attributing to the wonderful battery life. I don't know whether to attribute it to Android masterfully managing power usage or if the hardware components are that...

Pros

• Battery Life Battery Life Battery Life!
  • Good looking device

Cons

• Price tag
  • No 3.5mm headphone jack

robert7107
posted on 07 Nov 2017, 09:14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)

pure android at its best!!!

robert7107 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

don't take too much of what the media has said about the pixel 2 xl to heart!!!
their is a blue shift too the screen i have found it vary from phone to phone mine has it but is very soft blue and not tell you have the phone on its side you see it..

with that said front firing speakers are loud as hell an super clear. water proof up too a meter for 30 minutes .....
no head phone jack but here is a solution plug the dongle into your headphones an its as easy at that..

super fast an smooth interface running amazing 8.0 oreo .

Build quality 10/10 solid built ...

Pros

• pure android