Apple iPhone XR User Reviews

xtremesv posted on Feb 21, 2019, 1:14 PM
Posts: 299; Member since: Oct 21, 2011

Good enough

xtremesv has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my first iPhone and I can say I've been sort of an Android fanboy because I've owned every iteration of the Galaxy S series, except the S5 and S8 when I chose the Note 4 and the Note 8 respectively. My first Android phones were always rooted and modded to fit my taste. But a couple of years ago, I felt smartphones were starting to get boring, mainly because user experience became so standardized and innovation slowed down.

So I was boring and I thought why not give an iPhone a shot and after reading some reviews and without putting much thought into it I bought the XR and here I am. My conclusion is the same, smartphones, even flagships, have become utilitarians objects and experience through platforms is similar. I don't miss Android the same way I wouldn't miss iOS. I know this iPhone is not QHD, has big bezels and no telephoto camera, but that's it, everything else is a fluid, yet simple, experience and maybe I'm old enough to admit that's OK for me now.

It's a well built phone but not especially good looking compared to even cheaper Android phones nowadays.
Good photos but again there are better options out there for the same price.
The default keyboard is not my favorite but you have the option to change it.
Despite being an LCD panel it's a very good one with high contrast. I don't really miss QHD and you get used to those bezels. I'm giving an 8 because viewing angles are not so good.
One of the things reviewers praise about this phone is its battery life and I can testify it's pretty good.

Pros

• Straight forward experience
  • Very good battery life
  • Let you fully control background processes and personal info tracking
  • Excellent support
  • Superb haptics engine and auto brightness implementations

Cons

• A little bit heavy for what it is
  • No 3.5 mm jack
  • No notifications LED
  • No fast charger out the box

mike121989 posted on Feb 01, 2019, 4:16 PM
Posts: 5; Member since: Dec 02, 2017

Awesome phone!

mike121989 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had this phone for about 2 months and is incredible, i had the iPhone XS Max first and it was a great phone, but the size was a bit much, so i "downgraded" to the iPhone Xr and boy i was wrong, this phone is a perfect size and battery is amazingly better than the iPhone XS Max, yes the screen edges are far more attractive in the XS Max, but the iPhone Xr is unique. I have to say i feel great with my decision to "downgrade".

Pros

• Great Battery Life
  • Easier to handle
  • Fast

Cons

• Can’t do portraits shots if no human is in the shot
  • Lack 3d touch
  • Screen edges

DankMemer2X posted on Jan 08, 2019, 10:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 08, 2019

Great phone, value much better than the XS/MAX

DankMemer2X has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Used the iPhone XR for a few weeks and I have to say amazing battery life. Battery can last from 1-2 days on full charge and normal use but your use can be different from the normal use. Good screen except for some of the unsupported apps. Yes, the screen is 1792*828 6.1” 326ppi.. But the screen is very good and definitely provides a great viewing experience, Also 3D Touch is not included on this phone, I didn’t use 3D Touch on my old iPhone. but I know some people do use it. very fast phone. A12 Bionic is a beast and runs almost everything amazingly and with no problems. Amazing camera, the smart HDR does help a lot for Dynamic range and the 1 and only Main camera is the one from the iPhone XS/Max and provides great shots and software portrait that only works on people. The Front camera is very good and also provides great selfie shots for that Instagram page. The front camera uses the TrueDepth Technology to take portraits which also only can work on people, along with Face ID.

Build is great and provides lots of colors with 6 to choose from
Cell reception is great, it’s very fast when it has LTE signal, it supports all the bands for my carrier T-Mobile, but signal can depend on your carrier and the supported bands of the phone but this phone supports a lot of different cellular bands.
Call quality is great on this phone and the earpiece is great !!!
Internet is great, it’s fast and this supports 802.11 ac WiFi which is great for internet and I get 300 mbps down on my WiFi which is what is supposed to be
Speakers are amazing and loud with one front and one bottom speaker but since the notch takes some of the video that will hinder the experience a little but you can watch in non filled mode which makes no notch but it’s smaller.
Amazing Camera, smart HDR is amazing, front cameras amazing, GOD Quality, One on the best camera on a phone.
Great. It’s fast, no lag and is great experience
Everyday use is very amazing easy and no lag spotted in my time using the iPhone XR
Especially good with the big display and spacing between the characters to make it easy to type on this phone
Display is great despite what people have been saying, Yes, its 6.1” 1792*828 326ppi.... but the display is great and is good to look at, colors are accurate and one of the best LCD on a phone. BUT!!!!! Some apps don’t support the display yet and look a little blurry and windowed like for example Instagram is blurry a little and stories and windowed and for the app support for now display is 8/10
Battery life is great on this phone and can get from 1-2 days on normal use the phone has a 7nm chip, 2942 mah battery with the 1792*828 6.1” display all combine to make a great battery life phone

Pros

• Good Display
  • Speakers are great
  • Battery life is very good (2942 mAh)
  • Great Camera

Cons

• Some apps don’t support XR display
  • Notch can block out parts of video when watching