Apple iPhone 12 Pro User Reviews - PhoneArena

Apple iPhone 12 Pro User Reviews Back

WX2WMU posted on 2 days ago, 12:46 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 26, 2021

Great Phone for Weather and Ham Radio.

WX2WMU has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got the 12 Pro in Mid-March 2021. I am coming off a Galaxy S20 5G and I am very pleased thus far. The 2815 Mah Battery is actually better than the 4000 Mah on the S20. It lasts longer on standby and during usage. Audio through the earbuds is great, even bass sounds good. I use Apple Music and it sounds great with the setting adjusted for higher level output and frequency response. Also allowing more data on 5G is a good option.

The display is very crisp and robust. The touch sensitivity is excellent even with a glass screen protector. I wish the top notch was a bit smaller. I am pleased it is a flat screen and not one of the curved screens. Screen protectors will last longer because of this. The aluminum build is very good looking.

Charging the phone is fast enough with a 20 Watt charger. I have been using only 20% of my Battery daily due to the excellent battery management and tweaking on my own (settings). I agree with keeping the "Adaptive Battery" charging feature enabled. The phone generally does not heat up except OS Updating. I have a maximum capacity of 91% in Late December 2021.

Operation of the phone overall is excellent. The "Settings" menu is presented very well, very easy. The UI is vintage Apple and is easy to navigate, especially after reviewing the recent manual online via Books. I update the manual with each "point" update like 15.4 or 15.5 and etc.

Solid feel, looks great I am using a case and screen protector.
5G is good in my area. Improved since 15.0.2 installed.
Good audio on earpiece and speakerphone.
Using Safari I get fast loads and versatility.
Great on Apple Music with Lossless and Dolby ATMOS.
Wish it was a least 48 MP for the main Camera.
Very intuitive and fast.
My main Daily Driver!
Takes practice, but pretty good.
Very sharp and bright enough outdoors even on the 40% range.
I am very impressed with this 2815 Mah Battery which exceeds the 4000 Mah one in my previous phone.

Pros

• iOS 14.3 Out of the Box, Now on iOS 15.4.1 as of 3/31/2022.
  • Dolby ATMOS (Spatial Audio).
  • Great Battery life, but Drains rapidly with heavy usage.

Cons

• No Supplied Charger or Air Pods.
  • Slippery without a Case.
  • Stutter on Re-Boot since 15.4!

WX2WMU alternatives:

SITotev posted on Dec 20, 2020, 4:08 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 13, 2016

iPhone at it's finest

SITotev has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had my iPhone 12 Pro since it's launch. Coming from iPhone 11, I thought that I'd like the oled screen, the new (old) design language and the stainless steal frames. It turned out to be much more. I totally love the camera system. The pro has got the cameras to cover your photography efforts in various scenarious. I even like the new LiDar sensor, which apparently helps for low light focus and object detection/separation.
Otherwise, the build quality is at it's usual superb level. I have no complains about the display quality and it's pixel density. The display can be both bright and readable and dim enough not to blind you in dark environments. The diagonal of 6.1 inches suits me perfectly as the 12 Pro Max's display comes too big for my hands and pockets.
The battery gets me going through the day but the 12 Pro is not a 2 days battery phone at any means. It's not even a day and a half. I consider myself a moderate to have user.
Finally the user experience. It is, to say, the user experience you could expect from an Apple device - simple and intuitive UI, combined with incredibly fast hardware - no stutter or lag at all. It just flies.
I can recommend it anytime of the day for anyone.

I've never seen a phone so well built.
No problems at all with reception. I only notice that once in a while, my 4G bar misses one dash. My area still doesn't support 5G for all devices
No complaints on both sides of the phone.
Never had problems with speed
Wonderful screen and stereo speakers for media consumption
Full package camera setup. Excellent night mode, image and video quality. Best video stabilisation in a phone I've ever see
A14 just flies the UI
It's my everyday phone, after all
iPhone's keyboard is my favourite
The diagonal of 6.1 inches hits the sweet spot. The colours rendition is true to life, according to me. True blacks. Bright and dim enough, according to conditions
I would have liked bigger battery

Pros

• Superb build quality
  • Awesome screen
  • Potent camera system with excellent night mode
  • Top notch software support
  • Future proof
  • User experience is excellent

Cons

• Battery could be better
  • Expensive

SITotev alternatives:

KC2FYA posted on Jul 21, 2021, 1:14 PM

12 Pro Is Great

KC2FYA has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the 12 Pro in Mid-March. I am coming off a Galaxy S20 5G and I am very pleased thus far. The 2815 Mah Battery is actually better than the 4000 Mah on the S20. It lasts longer on standby and during usage. Still trying to figure out where the Dolby ATMOS is for Music. Audio through the earbuds is great, even bass sounds good. I use Apple Music and it sounds great with the setting adjusted for higher level output and frequency response. Also allowing more data on 5G is a good option.

Operation of the phone overall is excellent. The UI is vintage Apple and is easy to navigate, especially after reviewing the recent manual online via Books. I update the manual with each "point" update like 14.5 or 14.6 and etc.

The 12 Pro has a solid feel and is easy for me to operate. I am a Weather Spotter (SKYWARN) and Ham Radio Operator and a phone is a vital tool for me. I received iOS 14.7 (7/19/2021 at 13:00 local). So far a few days later it seems to be quite stable....

Solid Feel to the Phone
Reception is Fair to good.
Rich Bass Audio on Speakerphone & Earpiece
Fast with Safari
Good Multimedia So far.
Fast and responsive UI.
Great Daily Driver
Text input is Easy once I got used to the operation and shortcuts.
Great Display, colors on HDR good.
Excellent! I am very impressed with longevity.

Pros

• IOS 14.7, came with 14.3 out of the Box.
  • Long Standby time.
  • Solid Feel.

Cons

• No Supplied Charger or Earbuds.

KC2FYA alternatives: